COVID-19: Immigration proposes extending visas for people stranded in Thailand to 30 June 2020

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How do you do know that is not part of their plan or perhaps a type for registration for it and a stamp for it.

Is a decision imminent ? I am still waiting for my letter from the UK embassy for a 30 day extension and my border run is due today . Thinking I will wait for 2 days and pay the 1000 baht fine in the hope that a positive decision is made by the Thai Immigration Bureau or my letter arrives soon . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Can't imagine anyone wanting to stay with everything closed.

You'd be suprised, any excuse not to go back, even though they have been told to go by immigration.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, PST said:

I wasnt referring to anyone in person, i meant in general, not you

Not in person and not in general - I have not heard immigration asking people to leave the country. I personally have a letter from my embassy stating that I am unable to return to my country at the moment. Still I was not able to get the extension. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Not in person and not in general - I have not heard immigration asking people to leave the country. I personally have a letter from my embassy stating that I am unable to return to my country at the moment. Still I was not able to get the extension. 

I know of several people who have been told to leave by immigration after exhausting all their options including a 7 day stamp. They have made no effort to get home the past 2 weeks, and havent even applied for a letter from their embassys. They are happy just to 'see what happens'. So again, not about you.

• Like 1