COVID-19: Immigration proposes extending visas for people stranded in Thailand to 30 June 2020

Thank you for the replies. The reason I ask is because I have to do my first standard 30-day extension to a 30-day visa exempt and these horror stories about photos, land deeds, landlords being interrogated etc have me worried that I will be asked for the same for just the standard, straightforward 30-day extension if some IO decides not to differentiate between the different extensions because he/he doesn't like the cut of my jib on that particular day.

Fingers crossed! What a nightmare this is turning into for so many of us!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, samisaurus said:

I'll be heading to Muang Thong Thani, that's where Tourist visa extensions are from my understand. 

5am taking BTS to Mo Chit, then doing Grab Car lol. No other way I guess. Definitely want to be there early, so i dont get turned away after the first 1000 visitors. Just wanna get this done ahha. 

Yes, I see now on the Thai Immigration website that "k" window people are directed to Muang Thong Thani. I hope it's obvious WHERE, because that exhibition center is large with a bunch of different buildings. (I imagine there'll be people and signs.)

I also now understand there should be a bus from the BTS directly there.

I'm going to stroll on down by 8am tomorrow. Let's see who spends more time there.

14 minutes ago, allencraig said:

Yes, I see now on the Thai Immigration website that "k" window people are directed to Muang Thong Thani. I hope it's obvious WHERE, because that exhibition center is large with a bunch of different buildings. (I imagine there'll be people and signs.)

I also now understand there should be a bus from the BTS directly there.

I'm going to stroll on down by 8am tomorrow. Let's see who spends more time there.

Which bus number would that be ? Was debating doing taxi from Mo chit 

1 hour ago, samisaurus said:

Which bus number would that be ? Was debating doing taxi from Mo chit 

THAT, actually, I don't know. But I'd guess that it would be found where the other little buses are, where you catch the one to go to Chaeng Watthanna. If you ask the first bus driver where the bus to Muang Thong Thani is, or the Impact Convention Center, he's sure to know. The transportation page on the Convention Center's website doesn't really clarify further, unfortunately: http://www.impact.co.th/index.php/visitor/direction/en

On 4/2/2020 at 8:53 PM, allencraig said:

THAT, actually, I don't know. But I'd guess that it would be found where the other little buses are, where you catch the one to go to Chaeng Watthanna. If you ask the first bus driver where the bus to Muang Thong Thani is, or the Impact Convention Center, he's sure to know. The transportation page on the Convention Center's website doesn't really clarify further, unfortunately: http://www.impact.co.th/index.php/visitor/direction/en

Turns out the minivans to Muang Thong Thani ARE available at the Mo Chit BTS, but they are found on the southbound side, in the parking lot alongside that main road. 35thb. See if you can get the driver to bring you close to the Central Investigations Bureau building, as its parking garage is where the temporary immigration area is set up. It's the tallest building in the area. Really tall. (Just outside the mall/exhibition hall area.) To return, you can catch another minivan that leaves on schedule from right across the entrance to Cosmo Bazar in Muang Thong Thani. It's a 1.7km walk from where the visa stuff is going on.)

• Thanks 1