Travel to Thailand Questions

Game Program

Hi, I know that they decided to shut down BKK until April 30 and they declared an emergency situation in Thailand and also they issued something on March 22 or so saying that people from the USA who arrive in Thailand need to self-isolate for 14 days and report their health to the officers, etc. then I believe on the 26th they said no one will be allowed from high risk countries unless:

1. They have a certificate from a public hospital stating they are "not at risk" for contracting COVID-19

2. They have an insurance of at least 100,000 US$ (maybe baht?) that covers COVID-19 related hospital care IN Thailand.

So the thing is I was planning on marrying my fiance and all this has us unable to marry, and thus unable to go forth with the spousal visa for the US.

My questions are few:

1. What exactly does "not at risk" mean in the #1 part of the restriction above? From what I know everyone is at risk and can actually contract the virus if they have not already had it. Does this mean you must be immune? Or does it mean you don't have it?

2. Do you still have to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival?

3. Anyone know when the high risk restriction thing is supposed to end? I know the emergency thing and lock down ends on April 30. but the other orders for the hospital certificate and self-isolation didn't have any end date. I don't mind self-isolating as I want to be 100% sure that I am not sick before going around my fiance or stepson. 

My fiance has COVID-19 insurance for both her and her son and I could easily get it for me, it's pretty inexpensive. Also though, would travel insurance cover this? I am not planning to get the virus but if this thing doesn't end soon I see that flights are still able to be booked into Thailand on the airlines.

If this goes on for much longer I may just go to the hospital and get all needed paperwork and self-isolate in Thailand. I just I dunno. This just really want to get married, and then start the visa paperwork.

• Haha 1

After the latest announcement, unless you have a Thai work permit you have zero chance of getting into Thailand regardless of the health certificate stuff. And no, most travel insurance is not covering the covid. 

• Like 2

I was planning on travelling to Thailand on 20th April from Australia.The flight was cancelled then Australia shut the border my TV will run out in June so I called the Thai consul.Cannot extend ok fair enough.Thailand has closed it's borders I said .No I was told can go if you have a medical certificate not more than 72hrs old plus 100,000 US insurance against corona virus..Thailand isn't closed just  impossible to enter????[for me anyway]

Edited by findlay13

I'll make this very clear. If you are a foreigner you must have either:

1. A Thai work permit, or

2. Special dispensation from the Prime Minister

If you do not have either 1 or 2, you will not be allowed into Thailand. It's that simple.

Next question: Can I get a work permit?

Answer: No, because you must have an entry stamp in your passport to apply, and you must present yourself in person to collect your work permit. Catch 22: You cannot get an entry stamp unless you have a work permit, and you cannot get a work permit without an entry stamp.

I'm cut off and stranded in the UK after the death of my father, yesterday I missed my 6 year olds birthday a severe low point in life for sure now trapped in a house without heating unable to sell it unable to clear it out cut off from my Thai Fcd account and going through the cataclysmic disaster that is trying to find a job and universal credit every flight I made has been unrefunded BA has sent me an email that all paid for before and onward travel surrounding one of their canceled flights won't be paid because they are not responsible.

It's now a free for all were big business is shafting everyone they can the government is talking big and giving nothing at the sharp end and that's just week one ????  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, blackcab said:

I'll make this very clear. If you are a foreigner you must have either:

1. A Thai work permit, or

2. Special dispensation from the Prime Minister

If you do not have either 1 or 2, you will not be allowed into Thailand. It's that simple.

Next question: Can I get a work permit?

Answer: No, because you must have an entry stamp in your passport to apply, and you must present yourself in person to collect your work permit. Catch 22: You cannot get an entry stamp unless you have a work permit, and you cannot get a work permit without an entry stamp.

It's not catch 22. The point is that those who already have a work permit and already work here (meaning their life center is in Thailand), but for some reason traveled out of Thailand - can come BACK to Thailand. Those who want to move to Thailand now simply have to wait till the CV situation is over (will it ever be??)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

It's not catch 22. The point is that those who already have a work permit and already work here (meaning their life center is in Thailand), but for some reason traveled out of Thailand - can come BACK to Thailand. Those who want to move to Thailand now simply have to wait till the CV situation is over (will it ever be??)

It's catch 22 for the original poster and others who askied what they needed in order to be able to enter Thailand.

My post was directed at them, rather than those fortunate enough to possess a work permit.

23 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I'm cut off and stranded in the UK after the death of my father, yesterday I missed my 6 year olds birthday a severe low point in life for sure now trapped in a house without heating unable to sell it unable to clear it out cut off from my Thai Fcd account and going through the cataclysmic disaster that is trying to find a job and universal credit every flight I made has been unrefunded BA has sent me an email that all paid for before and onward travel surrounding one of their canceled flights won't be paid because they are not responsible.

It's now a free for all were big business is shafting everyone they can the government is talking big and giving nothing at the sharp end and that's just week one ????  

Congratulations on using a comma in the first (?) sentence. 

Let's move on to periods now. They look like this (.) and are used to break paragraphs into sentences. 

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Congratulations on using a comma in the first (?) sentence. 

Let's move on to periods now. They look like this (.) and are used to break paragraphs into sentences. 

Looks a struggle for you to comprehend English without squiggles is there any traffic left there for you to play in .,/';(????

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2020 at 9:00 AM, natway09 said:

If she runs away by then she was not for .you anyway.

This time should deepen your love for each other.

That's easier said than done. When I wrote this one of the things I was worrying about was that we're both locked down and not able to do anything. Like everything here is shut down we both just stay home all day. Like what do you talk about when day in and day out you each don't do a damn thing worth talking about because both your countries are on lock down or you're self-isolating for safety purposes.

Not really worried about that anymore but it is a major *cursing like crazy* because at our age, her age really, it's at the point where if I want to actually get her pregnant I need to act really fast, and it already takes a year to bring her to the states and that was already pushing it and now we have this thing that will last <deleted> knows how long.

But there's no sense in complaining about it...

To make matters worse, since this site is called ThaiVisa and is about all the foreigners or what not.. Thai Visa I dunno USA Visa? In my particular situation it's best to go for the spousal visa with her, which requires us to be married. I found out about RapidVisa (the company) and was going to use them to do all the paperwork and such, and I called and asked them for advice on what kind of things to keep while in Thailand and also asked specifics about whether I should do K1 visa or spousal visa. They just shut me down immediately with a pay wall not willing to even offer a word of guidance.

Later on an immigration lawyer suggested to me that a spousal visa would be much better and have much less chance of being denied in my case. I could have married her in February instead of just becoming engaged and would have if I had known this, if RapidVisa would have simply answered questions that my lawyer who charges literally 10 times the fee they do, answered for free to a stranger over FB Messenger.

Long story short I'd already be married to her and have started my spousal visa petition if I didn't waste my time with RapidVisa which is now on my list of top 2 most hated companies. My recommendation is avoid this company like the plague. Just FYI anyone here. Probably everyone here already knows it.

Edited by Game Program