The normalization of the abnormal

GalaxyMan

It's an understatement.

But sexuality and obesity are merely symptoms.

And symptoms that can be linked to personal decisions.

What we face is something much worse than "abnormality/normality"... It's what I call : "mental AIDS".

When people start to think for instance, and they are sincere, that not only women menstruate... then indeed we face a disease.

Of the mind.

And eventually, it leads to a much worse prognosis... For mankind (sorry, if it's not gender-neutral enough).

• Like 1

From 'flower power' to women discovering sexuality, highs from drugs and social use of cocaine, exposing everything to everybody as a result of the internet, awareness of the possible both positive and negative etc.

2020 this is it and fortunately not for the better ... 

So much wrong with this post its difficult to know where to start.

Normal is accepting and not being upset by the variance of life. ‘Our normal’ is just a spot on the 'preference spectrum’.

Some of us are probably considered sexual deviants by some in their home countries just for being in Thailand, yet we consider we are perfectly normal - See where I’m going with this?...

All of this (described in the Op) is normal, its just not normal to some of us who lack a degree of open mindedness to recognise the real norm and have been pulling the wool over our own eyes for years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems the meaning of "normal" is important here.

Is it normal that two guys have sex with each other and want a baby? I think if we see it from the view of nature it's not normal. They can't have a baby if there is no woman involved. And the same if true for two women.

But these days the question is obviously not only if that is according to nature. It's also a question of how many people accept such parents. And if it is accepted for one couple does that mean it should be acceptable for everybody? And should we call it normal?

IMHO adults should be able to have sex with whoever human they want. But please don't involve children such a relationship. And don't pretend two fathers or two mothers or two [chose one or two or the about 50 available options] are normal from nature's point of view. It's not!

And about obese, etc.: People have to live with the way they are. Does it help a fat person when we pretend he/she looks as good as a slim person? No. Should we remind the fat person all the time that he/she is fat? No. They should know it by themselves and I am sure they will notice their handicap when they are looking for a partner. There is no need to rub it in and no need to pretend it's normal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

See where I’m going with this?

Generations maybe mine was not tolerant,  all I know is my kids when I use certain words say to describe someone, they say " Not allowed to say that anymore dad ". ????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

There are freakzoids everywhere. It isnt confined to folks who put their danglers in places that the good lord never intended. 

Freakazoids are beyond mere sexuality, they are just freakazoids. 

However, I do consider transgenderism to be a mental llness or a manifestation of a mental illness. Sue me.

Any kid who has been in a single sex school - male or female - while they are going through puberty will tell you a lot of experimentation goes on.

It's a myth promoted by the religious ratbags that homosexuality is an abnormality of the human race. Lions and various ape species all have been observed in male-male sex acts.

It's similar to some Americans who join the Ku Klux Klan. They had an ancestor who got away with passing for white, and affirm their white identity. People who profess disgust at homosexuals and lesbians are unsure of their sexual identity. Or brainwashed by organizations I give the same respect as a dog turd on the footpath.

What's normal? I love a good hearty miscegenation. Some of the most beautiful hybrids in the world have come from it.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Any kid who has been in a single sex school - male or female - while they are going through puberty will tell you a lot of experimentation goes on.

It's a myth promoted by the religious ratbags that homosexuality is an abnormality of the human race. Lions and various ape species all have been observed in male-male sex acts.

It's similar to some Americans who join the Ku Klux Klan. They had an ancestor who got away with passing for white, and affirm their white identity. People who profess disgust at homosexuals and lesbians are unsure of their sexual identity. Or brainwashed by organizations I give the same respect as a dog turd on the footpath.

What's normal? I love a good hearty miscegenation. Some of the most beautiful hybrids in the world have come from it.

There are lots of guys who never had that urge to kiss or f$#@ another guy - including myself.

It seems according to you we are not normal. Really?

Maybe instead of referring to 'normal', we should refer to the mean. This nit-picking doesn't serve the conversation very well. I have and have had all my life, gay friends, both sexes. It's never been a problem. I have bisexual friends of both sexes, also not a problem. My problem is with the so-called normalization of deviation from the mean. It's not necessarily wrong, but I don't understand the seeming push to normalize it. ????

The whole fat is okay makes me puke. Unless someone has a physical problem that causes them to be obese, which does exist, it's mostly diet and lifestyle to blame. The sudden glorification of fat is disgusting, as is the shaming of those with the problem.

Edited by GalaxyMan

58 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are lots of guys who never had that urge to kiss or f$#@ another guy - including myself.

Neither have I, 100% hetero. It's called tolerance. As opposed to bigotry.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

There is nothing wrong with being a transsexual (ladyboy), or gay, or bisexual, but to try to pretend that these choices are 'normal' just seems a bit much to me

So which is it?

Nothing wrong or abnormal?

especially in the USSA

Where? Never heard of that country.

Personally, I have zero issue with a person's choice of how they live their sexual life

Yes you do, you are saying they are not normal.

You seem confused and do not make sense.

Struggling with these issues?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you read the fist post?

I think it is tolerant. And personally I think I am also tolerant.

But I don't try to call something normal which is not normal.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways. I've already explained in my first post on this thread on any scientific and rational basis, humans and other species have a spectrum of sexuality. You are just part of the majority group. If you can't understand that, I can't help you.

There's a village south of Lamphun where the males have a 60% probability of becoming ladyboys when they hit puberty. No-one knows why, environmental factors or genetic predisposition. They have a much tougher row to hoe in life than you or I.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So which is it?

Nothing wrong or abnormal?

Where? Never heard of that country.

Yes you do, you are saying they are not normal.

You seem confused and do not make sense.

Struggling with these issues?

You clearly have a reading comprehension issue or you're deliberately being obtuse (my choice). Recognizing something as abnormal, deviating from the norm, doesn't imply any personal opinion about whether I agree or not, it's just an observation about its relationship to the norm or the mean.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No you are not normal, most people have had all sorts of sexual feelings and urges throughout their life towards different people of different sexes.  

You are not normal at all.  In fact, you are very abnormal... as you are a western guy living in Thailand and having sex with Thai women who are probably young enough to be your daughter.  Back in your own country you would be seen by many people as a dirty old pervert.  Not nice to be called not normal is it? 

By the way, there is no such thing as normal.  Everyone likes different things in life, as well as in sex.  

Edited by jak2002003
  • Haha 2