Trump backs off plan to reopen businesses by mid-April amid coronavirus warnings

webfact

17 hours ago, atyclb said:

usually when making an argument and claiming facts-statistics the relevant information is also provided rather than saying "true" or "not true"

when you say "lowest % of death" which mortality-death rate specifically are you referring to?

which country has tested the highest % of their population?   url link to that info please

How about this link?

About 310,000,000 results (0.47 seconds) 

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

All you had to do was to highlight this, which country has tested the highest % of their population? and do a right click and you are in Google search with lots of results to choose from.

It took me longer to type this, than it did to search the results.

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:
17 hours ago, atyclb said:

usually when making an argument and claiming facts-statistics the relevant information is also provided rather than saying "true" or "not true"

when you say "lowest % of death" which mortality-death rate specifically are you referring to?

which country has tested the highest % of their population?   url link to that info please

How about this link?

About 310,000,000 results (0.47 seconds) 

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

All you had to do was to highlight this, which country has tested the highest % of their population? and do a right click and you are in Google search with lots of results to choose from.

It took me longer to type this, than it did to search the results.

thanks for the partial clarification "lazy man style".  i will post below info i was referring to regarding death/mortality  rates for your reading and perhaps learning??? pleasure

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dsepd/ss1978/lesson3/section3.html

Table 3.4 Frequently Used Measures of Mortality

Measure Numerator Denominator 10n
Crude death rate Total number of deaths during a given time interval Mid-interval population 1,000 or
Cause-specific death rate Number of deaths assigned to a specific cause during a given time interval Mid-interval population 100,000
Proportionate mortality Number of deaths assigned to a specific cause during a given time interval Total number of deaths from all causes during the same time interval 100 or 1,000
Death-to-case ratio Number of deaths assigned to a specific cause during a given time interval Number of new cases of same disease reported during the same time interval 100
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 8:15 AM, FritsSikkink said:

So it was a hoax according to him, so he did nothing.

Now he does a great job because:

They test the most of all countries (not true)

They have the lowest percentage of death world wide (not true)

He hopes to keep the death between 100,000 and 200,000

What a joke for a human being, let alone a president. 

FritsSikkink for President of the most.... well, we'll stop there haha!

Does no one understand that the common flu has killed moe than the WUFLU this year?

He knows exactly what it is. Do you?  Baa Baa 

22 minutes ago, dayward1 said:

Does no one understand that the common flu has killed moe than the WUFLU this year?

He only knows how to cheat people. without his father he would be nothing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, atyclb said:

i wasnt speaking about the background of the author of that story but the sentiment of the michigan physicians involved in covid 19.  yes i know more than one treatment protocol is being evaluated.

fyi at one time i held a michigan medical license but let is lapse as i live far away now and i agree 100% with the physician sentiment about the threat of license revocation

the other issue is informed consent. if me or a friend or a family member were not responding to other treatment would i/we accept possible negative consequences including death which by the way could very well be assured already by simply continuing the same failing course of treatment the answer for me/we is YES.  a not uncommon dangerous side effect of covid 19 disease IS DEATH

your usual next door doctor just may understand the mechanism of action and just may have reviewed the information out there and please sit down before i tell you the usual next door doctor is ALLOWED to prescribe/treat "off label"

"https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/28/1932089/-Right-wing-propaganda-machine-targets-Michigan-Governor"  interesting how the author criticising another author doesn't even use their real name but a pseudonym (Grape crush). that is not the way credible publications work

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 11.22.51.png

"Sentiment" according to the author's own words only.

As to the reminder issued, the concern was clear: if this medication is (too often) innapropriately prescribed or stockpiled for personal and familly use, it may run out of stock for people who really need it, including in hospitals who use it for extreme cases of coronavirus infection. It makes sense and has nothing to do with Gestapo tactics.

This article was a mis-representation of the intent and content of the letter written to prescribers by Michigan's Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candide said:
7 hours ago, atyclb said:

i wasnt speaking about the background of the author of that story but the sentiment of the michigan physicians involved in covid 19.  yes i know more than one treatment protocol is being evaluated.

fyi at one time i held a michigan medical license but let is lapse as i live far away now and i agree 100% with the physician sentiment about the threat of license revocation

the other issue is informed consent. if me or a friend or a family member were not responding to other treatment would i/we accept possible negative consequences including death which by the way could very well be assured already by simply continuing the same failing course of treatment the answer for me/we is YES.  a not uncommon dangerous side effect of covid 19 disease IS DEATH

your usual next door doctor just may understand the mechanism of action and just may have reviewed the information out there and please sit down before i tell you the usual next door doctor is ALLOWED to prescribe/treat "off label"

"https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/28/1932089/-Right-wing-propaganda-machine-targets-Michigan-Governor"  interesting how the author criticising another author doesn't even use their real name but a pseudonym (Grape crush). that is not the way credible publications work

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 11.22.51.png

"Sentiment" according to the author's own words only.

As to the reminder issued, the concern was clear: if this medication is (too often) innapropriately prescribed or stockpiled for personal and familly use, it may run out of stock for people who really need it, including in hospitals who use it for extreme cases of coronavirus infection. It makes sense and has nothing to do with Gestapo tactics.

This article was a mis-representation of the intent and content of the letter written to prescribers by Michigan's Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

excuse the michigan licensed physicians for not understanding it at the same level of intellect as you.

Edited by atyclb

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

excuse the michigan licensed physicians for not understanding it at the same level of intellect as you.

It seems that I am (quite modestly) not the only one to disagree with the biased right-wing article's claim.

Quote: Michigan pharmacists said they are seeing an increase in prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, and while Michigan Pharmacists Association CEO Larry Wagenknecht said there’s no shortage of those medications as of March 25, 2020, in Michigan, that could soon change.

“All of the pharmacists I spoke with had some supply of the medication but they don’t have a lot," said Wagenknecht. 

https://wwmt.com/news/local/michigan-pharmacists-worried-about-shortage-as-doctors-wrongfully-prescribe-medication

Quote: Meanwhile, John Karasinski, a spokesman for the Michigan Health and Hospital Association, said the association “is supportive of the correspondence from LARA on limiting the prescribing of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine.".....

......The Michigan State Medical Society and the Michigan Pharmacists Association as well as the American Medical Association, American Pharmacists Association and American Society of Health-System Pharmacists have all issued statements citing concerns about inappropriate prescriptions of the drugs.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/michigan-officials-warn-against-stockpiling-drug-used-to-treat-coronavirus-as-fda-offers-emergency-approval.html

13 hours ago, candide said:
15 hours ago, atyclb said:

It seems that I am (quite modestly) not the only one to disagree with the biased right-wing article's claim.

Quote: Michigan pharmacists said they are seeing an increase in prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, and while Michigan Pharmacists Association CEO Larry Wagenknecht said there’s no shortage of those medications as of March 25, 2020, in Michigan, that could soon change.

“All of the pharmacists I spoke with had some supply of the medication but they don’t have a lot," said Wagenknecht. 

https://wwmt.com/news/local/michigan-pharmacists-worried-about-shortage-as-doctors-wrongfully-prescribe-medication

Quote: Meanwhile, John Karasinski, a spokesman for the Michigan Health and Hospital Association, said the association “is supportive of the correspondence from LARA on limiting the prescribing of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine.".....

......The Michigan State Medical Society and the Michigan Pharmacists Association as well as the American Medical Association, American Pharmacists Association and American Society of Health-System Pharmacists have all issued statements citing concerns about inappropriate prescriptions of the drugs.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/michigan-officials-warn-against-stockpiling-drug-used-to-treat-coronavirus-as-fda-offers-emergency-approval.html

"The two types of antimalarials most often prescribed today for lupus are hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil®) and chloroquine (Aralen®). Unlike the rapid response seen with steroids, it may take months before antimalarial drugs improve your lupus symptoms."  https://www.lupus.org/resources/medications-used-to-treat-lupus

given at least 60 doctors in italy involved in covid 19 treatment have died (https://portale.fnomceo.it/elenco-dei-medici-caduti-nel-corso-dellepidemia-di-covid-19/) it is no surprise usa physicians see having the right to take precautions as they risk their own lives and the lives of their families and they comprise the front lines in combating covid 19, an apocalyptic pandemic. physicians also have the right to prescribe "off label".  

it seems for some the overriding concern is not whether a drug may be effective against covid-19, but that it was touted by their arch enemy trump.

20 hours ago, dayward1 said:

New Stats 

The case fatality rate of patients with COVID-19 is about 1.4% overall but increases with age, according to new estimates published in the Lancet Infectious Diseases . "Even though the fatality rate is low for younger people, it is very clear that any suggestion of COVID-19 being just like influenza is false," one expert writes in an accompanying editorial. "Even for those aged 20–29 years, once infected with SARS-CoV-2, the mortality rate is 33 times higher than that from seasonal influenza." 

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/927898

10 hours ago, atyclb said:

it seems for some the overriding concern is not whether a drug may be effective against covid-19, but that it was touted by their arch enemy trump.

And some of the support expressed may well be for the only reason that it was touted by Trump. I think political figures should not meddle in scientific debates (in particular about health), starting with the one in the highest position! Such interference can only make things worse for people who have to actually solve health problems.

• Like 2