Covid-19: Don't believe online fraudsters who can process your visa extension, say immigration

webfact

Covid-19: Don't believe online fraudsters who can process your visa extension, say immigration

1pm.jpg

Pictire: Naew Na

Thailand's immigration Bureau issued emergency advice to tourists about extending their visas amid the coronavirus crisis. 

Fraudsters have been going online on Facebook and other social media platforms saying that there is no need to go to an immigration office in person.

It can all be done for you for a fee of 1,200 baht. 

This is nonsense. You must go in person. 

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang and his spokesman Pol Maj-Gen Surapong Chaiyajan said that immigration were going after those responsible for preying on tourists. 

They asked for information about the fraudsters to be relayed to them by calling 191, 1599 or 1178. 

Those stranded in Thailand who need a visa extension must go to an immigration office in person with the required documentation. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-30
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Is this real said:

I need to get my normal 1 year "Retirement" extension.  I have gotten it since 2015 meeting all the requirements.

This year I'm told to stay home.  Do not go anywhere.  The Prime Minister says I could be arrested and fined if I did.  Which is OK with me since I am 72.  I can stay safe and alive.

Immigration tells me I have to got to their offices to get the extension 2 times.  The first to drop everything off and pay the fee.  The second, the next day to pick everything up.  If I don't do this, I could be arrested and fined.  I can lose money and die.

The Land of Smiles.  So, what should I do?

Where are you mate ? 

Do you have to do it personally or can someone do it for you ? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"My second in command wanted to have all you tourists who dress like slobs at immigration executed but I said no. You can see he was not happy about that."   

1pm.jpg.02ff73ddc1bfa341b7c08006a42d0d80.jpg

why you always exaggerate NCC1701A? ???? He said put them all in prison not executed ????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

So nice to know that the fraudsters at immigration care about us not being ripped off by anyone else.

Damn shame they can't sort themselves out to provide an online way of doing an extension though, to avoid having to mix in huge crowds when we are supposed to be social distancing.

at immigration just doing their job. no need to call Thai people working "fraudsters". 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

I remain very "disappointed" in the failure of the Thai government to step up and grant automatic 1 year extensions to all retirement visas. I see no reason why they cannot simply decree that any visa stamped as expiring on or after April 1, 2020 (2563) is automatically extended to the same date in 2021. ... I ask how many lives could be saved by this? What damage would it do to Thailand? I'd even be OK with doubling the fee for extension to 2800 baht for those renewing these "automatic extensions" next year. 

Another plus could be that it would stop some folks from travelling in/out, and therefore keeps them at home and no/close to zero contact with others. 

A pity Immigration isn't doing a step forward! Just what i always see ate this old military based heads of guys not willing to think about starting another way of working with their "guests" in their country. It's more they like to see tesidents and western tourists as a horde of stupis sheeps. Land of smile. That's sure not Thailand.  Lucky to know some people who think different and also see us residents as keeping up Thailand in many cases!

59 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

I remain very "disappointed" in the failure of the Thai government to step up and grant automatic 1 year extensions to all retirement visas. I see no reason why they cannot simply decree that any visa stamped as expiring on or after April 1, 2020 (2563) is automatically extended to the same date in 2021. ... I ask how many lives could be saved by this? What damage would it do to Thailand? I'd even be OK with doubling the fee for extension to 2800 baht for those renewing these "automatic extensions" next year. 

I thought it was 1900 baht to renew so doubling it is 3800 baht in my book!

59 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

I see no reason why they cannot simply decree that any visa stamped as expiring on or after April 1, 2020 (2563) is automatically extended to the same date in 2021. ... I ask how many lives could be saved by this?

Including the lives of their own staff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

So nice to know that the fraudsters at immigration care about us not being ripped off by anyone else.

1200 baht is fraudster. Why they would work for a pittance and have to share the same with immigration? It is around 3K now and you don't have to go to immigration.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Is this real said:

I need to get my normal 1 year "Retirement" extension.  I have gotten it since 2015 meeting all the requirements.

This year I'm told to stay home.  Do not go anywhere.  The Prime Minister says I could be arrested and fined if I did.

"The Prime Minister says I could be arrested and fined if I did". 

He didn't say that you could be arrested for not staying at home.  No one is being arrested for going outside.