Isolation Week 3. How's Everyone Holding Up?

WineOh

We have enough food although our chickens are looking at us nervously. We just heard that anyone caught (in Buriram province) with a temperature of over 37°C  will be TAKEN AWAY, where to we don't know, I hear the local prison has vacancies.

AND: no more water coming through the taps, reservoir and water tank empty, luckily we bought supplies for a week or two but guess what, our toilet needs water to function. 

AND: news that a helicopter will be spraying disinfectant over the village tonight, don't go outside...

The good news is that we got the air conditioning fixed just before this nonsense started. I'll be out running 8 K tomorrow at 5 am, but even then I will avoid going through the next village out of courtesy, and I hate running up and down the same stretch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AspiringToJustBe said:

True.  Shutdown is completely unwarranted.   And there's good science behind that statement.  Unfortunately most people are reading only the headlines which are pure hype.   See also: https://tinyurl.com/um3dtsy

Spoke to every member of my family back in the US. Not a single one questions the official narrative. Not one. Hook, line and sinker. 

6 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Nothing wrong with staying positive I suppose.

but I'm not so sure you will be right.

Not a question of being positive, Just following the trends without recourse to hysteria.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, cooked said:

We have enough food although our chickens are looking at us nervously. We just heard that anyone caught (in Buriram province) with a temperature of over 37°C  will be TAKEN AWAY, where to we don't know, I hear the local prison has vacancies.

AND: no more water coming through the taps, reservoir and water tank empty, luckily we bought supplies for a week or two but guess what, our toilet needs water to function. 

AND: news that a helicopter will be spraying disinfectant over the village tonight, don't go outside...

jeez, and I thought I had it bad being holed up sat in my briefs, swiggin Jack daniels & coke from noon till night!

Stay safe mate!

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

jeez, and I thought I had it bad being holed up sat in my briefs, swiggin Jack daniels & coke from noon till night!

Stay safe mate!

Fashion and heath tip (yes i know a bit much coming from a Dudley boy)

For health and Airflow may suggest no briefs and wear a light sarong , much cooler less sweaty and generally more pleasant

NB do not ride a motorbike in aforesaid sarong all sorts of problems can arise

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

NB do not ride a motorbike in aforesaid sarong all sorts of problems can arise

I'll make sure I remember that!

by 2pm this afternoon I think I will be too intoxicated to find the bike let alone ride it :drunk:

Stepped it up a notch here in Ayutthaya, now on partial lockdown ( ? ).

Needed some supplies to continue my diy project, Homemart have a drive thru !!, stop and tell a bunch of staff outside the door what you want then go park up , my Thai language skills not up to that I’m afraid.

Went to Global House, business as usual except for the temp check, mandatory masks and hand gel of course.

Big C , food only, most of the shops in the complex shut except for kfc and restaurants ( take away only ) and AIS , TRUE etc etc, HomePro set up tables for people to sit down and order what they want, seems to me safer to walk inside and grab what you want ??

Strangely, a jewellery store and a handbag store still open !!, I guess handbags and bling are essential to some ????

Life around the mini lotus , Seven and market seems to be functioning as normal, gold shops and 20 baht shops is business as usual.

Anyhoo, sorry for the off topic, now I’m good to go for a few days of isolation 

• Like 2

I was just thinking what  my Mum would have to say about events. It occurred to me she might have taken some enjoyment from it  by  saying " Now you know what it's like to be cooped up like me! "

She detested her last few of 96 years life  in a  "Rest Home". Willingly  or  compelled to  abide  by the temporary current restrictive dictates seem a lot less drastic IMO.

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

yes, he was.

Said it was awful.

Funny thing is they didnt test his wife, even though she drove him to the hospital and was taking care of him at home.

No wonder it's spreading like wildfire back there! 

Ok as I read many  have only  mild symptoms so he was one of the unlucky 17%  or  so who need  a  hospital.....could be worse he wasnt one of the 3% and still that leaves 80% with none or  mild symptoms

45 minutes ago, cooked said:

a temperature of over 37°C  will be TAKEN AWAY,

dont worry  those useless temp things they have outside stores  etc seem pretty  inaccurate, Wife read 35 c tuther  day her friend 32 c which in reality means anyone  reading 37c or  normal could  well be 38-39+..............of  course  maybe they will do a more thorough test later but as a  frontline test it seems  pretty useless

3 minutes ago, Chazar said:

dont worry  those useless temp things they have outside stores  etc seem pretty  inaccurate, Wife read 35 c tuther  day her friend 32 c which in reality means anyone  reading 37c or  normal could  well be 38-39+..............of  course  maybe they will do a more thorough test later but as a  frontline test it seems  pretty useless

Yup, temp testing catching on now, testing inside our local Tesco Express, couple got the red light and told to sit in the corner for 10 minutes before testing again, they looked all hot and sweaty so didn’t complain, the other shoppers gave them a wide berth !!

In week 2 now so far so good. Quiet village near Sangkhla Buri so days not so different to before. Many locals still don't get it though, despite regular Poo Yai announcements. Many younger ones returning home from cities, told to quarantine 14 days but many ignore that.

Location is 3 hours from nearest BigC/Makro so my main worry is when we need food it's a long run with potential roadblocks and the random testing along the way, maybe to turn up and find the shelves empty. Local markets shut down already, pork shops still open at 5 AM. I don't think there will be a pig shortage but who knows here.

Very worrying to think water supplies may be affected. Can pretty much do without most other thngs but not water.

Pushups twice a day and climbing stairs for exercise. Pool closed until April 24, golf course closed until end of May. Stupid, a golf course is a great place to practise isolation. Get out on the scooter with mask if I've had enough of the room.

I really feel for the caddies and massage shops that have had their income cut off, because I'm pretty sure they won't be getting 5000 baht/month income support.

@Nyezhov keeps me entertained with his farragoes and absurdities.

Recommended reading John D MacDonald, Carl Hiassen, Janet Evanovich, F.Paul Wilson, Joseph Finder and James Lee Burke. Please note, O great one, all American authors.

Do not interrupt, I'm having a shower now. Some of us have standards to maintain.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Please note, O great one, all American authors.

Do not interrupt, I'm having a shower now. Some of us have standards to maintain.

Yeah mine are a race to the bottom. When you are done with the airplane novelists, let me know Ill give you an even bigger reading list than that which is referenced above.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah mine are a race to the bottom. When you are done with the airplane novelists, let me know Ill give you an even bigger reading list than that which is referenced above.

I've just sunk a blender full of 'Bailey's'.

Almost time for a smoke while watching the Buffalo.

As for books, currently re-reading David Baldacci 'The Winner'

I could do with a $100 million lottery win.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Stuff like that is dangerous, you could keel over the next day just because the Big Guy thinks that it would be funny.

25 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Stupid, a golf course is a great place to practise isolation.

A golf course is a great place to build housing for homeless and old/vulnerable people.

Plenty of good land, ideal for building on.

I've never liked the game of golf, nor the people who play it.

25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've just sunk a blender full of 'Bailey's'.

Almost time for a smoke while watching the Buffalo.

As for books, currently re-reading David Baldacci 'The Winner'

Talking about the lottery, I read it has been cancelled for the month of April !!  how are the Thai people gonna survive this !!

Of course there is always the dodgy unofficial lottery to fall back on ????

• Like 1