Isolation Week 3. How's Everyone Holding Up?

WineOh

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Talking about the lottery, I read it has been cancelled for the month of April !!  how are the Thai people gonna survive this !!

Of course there is always the dodgy unofficial lottery to fall back on ????

Unofficial lottery runs off the winning numbers from the official lottery.

They're both borked!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Hundreds of millions around the world are struggling to make a living, at this moment. As I said on another thread, I expect the consequences of the economic shutdown to be 100 times worse than the virus itself. It is like making a facial pimple into a cancerous tumor. More people died last year in Italy, of pulmonary issues in two weeks time, than the total number of worldwide deaths to date from corona. 

This zombie apocalypse reaction, with regard to the economy is so far beyond inane, that it barely merits discussion. Millions could die of starvation in India alone. 

I echo this analysis. It's only rich countries that are going to come out of the impending economic crisis, and still be able to manage, while the whole emerging world, and that includes Thailand are going to have an awful time for the next couple of years at least. I think Thailand with its strong reserves will do better than some like say Malaysia, Turkey, however its going to be a long road back.

Go outside even day. Take the train to the gym four times a week and somehow I am still alive. One good thing about this is I now know who I would never want to share a foxhole with. Enjoy your terror chicken littles.

Self-isolation is only necessary if you have symptoms or have been in an infected area.  Prince Charles has just announced he's come out of self-isolation after being tested positive.  He only self-isolated for a week.

In Bangkok there is no full lockdown and many workplaces are still open and public transport is still operating.  People need to use social-distancing, remaining 2 metres apart, using hand-sanitizer, masks etc.

5 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

A golf course is a great place to build housing for homeless and old/vulnerable people.

Plenty of good land, ideal for building on.

I've never liked the game of golf, nor the people who play it.

Wash your mouth out with soap, and give yourself a Drano enema while you are at it. Greatest game ever invented, the grass and trees supply oxygen.

Name me one other game that can be played competitively at an advanced age, SFB.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I live in a small village in Issan if you were to drive around you would not see much change although most people are have masks on but village shops are open, the small town 2k away markets are closed but food and essentials are available, my son who is 5 we sent to my wife's mothers farm 40k away nearest neighbor 4k away that was 3 weeks ago, we think he will be more safe we speak on skype and it's hard not being with him, yes times are hard and we all want this to end.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah mine are a race to the bottom. When you are done with the airplane novelists, let me know Ill give you an even bigger reading list than that which is referenced above.

Don't tell me, Umberto Eco, Thomas Keneally, Anthony Trollope, and Tolstoy. Why do you try so hard to pretend you are an intellectual?

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Name me one other game that can be played competitively at an advanced age

Crown green bowling. Takes a lot less space and you don’t need to turn up in fancy dress. 

1 minute ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Crown green bowling. Takes a lot less space and you don’t need to turn up in fancy dress. 

Bowling? Why didn't you put in tiddlywinks while you were at it?

Bowling is what I will take up when I am too old to play golf.

It's only poseurs that turn up for golf in fancy dress. I've always enjoyed wiping the course with them.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Bowling? Why didn't you put in tiddlywinks while you were at it?

Because i’m not a facetious so and so, thats why.

tiddlywinks is not a physical activity such as golf and bowls and you know it. 

anyway, golf isnt for me, never had been and never will be. 

Edited by Liverpoolfan

3 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

Go outside even day. Take the train to the gym four times a week and somehow I am still alive. One good thing about this is I now know who I would never want to share a foxhole with. Enjoy your terror chicken littles.

You can pass on the virus without you having symptoms.

I hope you havent killed anyone because of your selfishness. I dont think going to the gym is really a neccesity that warrants the possibility of you passing it on or dying yourself.

Spidermike 007 who seems to have a US President approach (I bet they are  both tucked away safe & sound)  Both obviouslty cannot use a calculator.

Pray, tell me what is the economic cost of a life anyway as you must have decided like the UK President that lives are less important thsn the economy

2 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Spidermike 007 who seems to have a US President approach (I bet they are  both tucked away safe & sound)  Both obviouslty cannot use a calculator.

Pray, tell me what is the economic cost of a life anyway as you must have decided like the UK President that lives are less important thsn the economy

Yup, that pesky UK President doesn’t deserve to hold that position !!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Because i’m not a facetious so and so, thats why.

tiddlywinks is not a physical activity such as golf and bowls and you know it. 

anyway, golf isnt for me, never had been and never will be. 

Your loss. I've been playing it for over 60 years. Formerly at championship level. Am I correct in assuming you have never enjoyed the same in soccer?

Just now, Liverpoolfan said:

It’s football mate.

Australian Rules is real football. Soccer is the version of it where diving for free kicks appears to be one of the most valued skills. Plus hitting the ball with the head. Logical absurdity.

• Haha 1