Isolation Week 3. How's Everyone Holding Up?

WineOh

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

. Plus hitting the ball with the head. Logical absurdity.

Golf is the most absurd game on the planet. A tiny white ball you bang about on a field the size of Kansas dressed like an eccentric nitwit and paying through the nose to boot.

give me A good old 5 a side any day of the week. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Golf is the most absurd game on the planet. A tiny white ball you bang about on a field the size of Kansas dressed like an eccentric nitwit and paying through the nose to boot.

Golf is a combination of physical skills and mental application. The best players have huge core strength, and powers of concentration rivalling any computer. It's evident you have zero understanding of that. Sad when people have closed minds. Stay safe.

That good old 5 a side - think you'll be playing that in your 60's and 70's?

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Don't tell me, Umberto Eco, Thomas Keneally, Anthony Trollope, and Tolstoy. Why do you try so hard to pretend you are an intellectual?

Pretend? Im no intellectual, Im just a weed addled bum. I freely admit that. Umberto is too Italian for me anyway, makes me think of Ugo Tognazzi, Fiats and scarves and a lot of meaningless babble and if you think Im joking go read an Italian criminal verdict against the mafia.

My mind is a simple thing, more crocodilian prebrain than anything...basic instints, eat, *function deleted*, *function deleted*. Thats why we get along so well, we are on that same level of intellectual vacuity and languid cynicism.

31 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Im a Yank so I dont know what you are referring to, so I asked a dude from Manchester and he said that in Liverpool it  refers to the first one stealing five hubcaps wins.

• Haha 1

I have put new locks and chains on my gate ,  self isolate is a must , for survival .

Kindle is farlangs best friend ..

Edited by elliss
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Chazar said:

surely  you can just drag it  down the shagpile doggy style?

Hahahah, thats great dude, how did you know thats why my mom recarpeted the hall outside the can....

Braking News!!-----UK Police have denied being too heavy handed in the treatment of people who are deemed to be flouting the lockdown regulations.

However the family of the executed walker have demanded a full inquiry into the incident.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Braking News!!-----UK Police have denied being too heavy handed in the treatment of people who are deemed to be flouting the lockdown regulations.

However the family of the executed walker have demanded a full inquiry into the incident.

Fyi , he was jogging , not walking .

Anti social behaviour , including cycling must be stopped ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

We have been living in China, under quarantine for over 10 weeks. No worries. We too only go out when we absolutely have to. We then stock up on lots of food, snacks, drinks etc. We use Netflix, Chinese TV, FB, VPN, we both read a lot, use the exercise room late at night when it is empty, what ever we can. No nightclubs, no restaurants, no crowds, no beaches & no schools. Have not been able to visit our place in Pattaya, as they require health Ins which we only have in the US. There is a new one in Thailand, only for CV19, anyone know if the country will accept that? Anyway,  it could be a lot worse, so, we adapt and are doing fine, thank you.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I'm staring at the hair trimmer trying to figure out if I should cut the fur myself or trust the wife. Very difficult decisions.

I trusted the wife, wrong decision! :shock1:

Or was it?

Will never know as have no hair now ???? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

r  u sure shes a  lady?

When they look this good i take whatever i can get...as long as it's fun.  Besides, since coming to thailand i do as the thais do. me king you queen tonight, or you queen me king???  LOL 

I'm isolating in this condo in Bangkok, and going through the breakup of a long term relationship at the same time. She's up north for now, though this condo has always been hers from before we met. This may be a good thing because if she were here we'd be getting crazy, and moreover she has young and also middle aged relatives in Bangkok she would surely be seeing, and bringing that home. I take the metro to Sukhumvit and walk around alone, and long for the day I'll be able to go back to the soapys. I have one disabled friend I visit. I was a humanities academic till age 40, and could easily remain sane reading for the rest of my days. But I have the money to travel, and I have been doing so a lot, and look forward to that also-but who knows what tomorrow may bring?

3 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Because i’m not a facetious so and so, thats why.

tiddlywinks is not a physical activity such as golf and bowls and you know it. 

anyway, golf isnt for me, never had been and never will be. 

What about ten pin bowling? I'm not that good at it but the older guys at my club still get 190+ most games. All my Thai friends drink while playing adding to the fun, then drink more afterwards. 

Back to your original q though, I'm getting lazy. Miss my tennis, bowling, drinking and eating out, but I know it could be a lot worse.

There is a separation going on Liverpoolfan, most can not even see it happening Worldwide but it's been taking place for quite some time now.

You can see it in comments, in how people are spending this time, in people running for food and hoarding food, etc but the line is just becoming more Clear to some.

The Hackers and Crackers think it's one event, when it's already and has been taking place for quite some time, all things must be fulfilled including that large rock a 3rd World War, Starvation, etc.

I had an interesting thing happen years ago when I let my dogs outside in the back area very early in the morning, I have it all walled off.

I let the Dogs out and stepped outside with them and I was in the Clouds, I could not even see the Dogs nor a few feet in front of me, this is all around you, its just that you don't see it as vivid.

A passing from the 4th World to the 5th World...some say more, I would have to agree. 

Anyway, I am right as Rain.

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now 
Will later be past 
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

Where was the warning about no alcohol for more than two weeks???? I just had to run to 7 for my fix. 

That is very short sighted by authorities. Are we not under enough stress as is without bumbling officials who have no problems with access to alcohol adding to our burden??? Stuck in our homes all day and night looking at TV or reading. What is the matter with these sadistic so and so's?

There is no reason other than making a nation that is suffering extreme hardship suffer more, needlessly. This will lead to a lot of violence and theft I would hazard to say. I had already said it was not a good idea to shut down everything in Bangkok as everyone would go home up country carrying the COVID virus as a present for their elderly families and neighbours! Or was that the idea? Maybe they want riots? They have had no practice for a few years! I would sooner have crocodiles running the country. 

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Wash your mouth out with soap, and give yourself a Drano enema while you are at it. Greatest game ever invented, the grass and trees supply oxygen.

Name me one other game that can be played competitively at an advanced age, SFB.

Gurning1531380316_images(30).jpg.be192265e2e13f85fe3719db74f66925.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:
18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Wash your mouth out with soap, and give yourself a Drano enema while you are at it. Greatest game ever invented, the grass and trees supply oxygen.

Name me one other game that can be played competitively at an advanced age, SFB.

Gurning1531380316_images(30).jpg.be192265e2e13f85fe3719db74f66925.jpg

Post of the millennium.... well done.