GBP back up over 40 THB

I can't work out why it dipped down so low last week, a 5% loss and gain in a week for no apparent reason.

The pounds movements are completely incomprehensible to me.

Changed a 1,000 pounds over the weekend for 40,640bht, to increase my COVID panic fund.

Was happy enough with that rate.

Edited by BritManToo

It's more likely that speculators are easing off of buying US$, and ending their run on the £. As Thailand starts to feel the effect of Covid19 on the economy the baht will get weaker.

Can't see the pound rising to more than 43 tops in the next 6 months, though - owing to the huge financial hit on the economy, and domestic rescue package on businesses and employment proposed by the government. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Can't see the pound rising to more than 43 tops in the next 6 months, though - owing to the huge financial hit on the economy, and domestic rescue package on businesses and employment proposed by the government. 

Shouldn't make any difference as all countries have the same problem.

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

The absolute genius idea of Brexit is still in the mix. Movement of the currencies will now depend on how each deals with covid19 and how quickly there is an economic recovery. I think we'll see 50 Baht to the GBP by Xmas.

Surelynot. ????

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Shouldn't make any difference as all countries have the same problem.

But not all countries are on Forex. The top major players are USA, EU, Japan, UK, Aus, Canada. The safest investment bet recently has been the US$ at the expense of the £.  And as the Baht is linked to the US$ the pound suffered.

• Like 1