Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: "Zero" tourists - last remaining Russians have cancelled and tourism industry faces 80% closure for up to a year

Recommended Posts

well of course the tourists wont be back

 

for starters no insurance company will be issuing covid insurance

 

no tourists will now take that risk

 

thailand has not declared if it will lift that requirement of covid cover

 

yes se asia is not badly hit
here comes ramadan followed by eid

 

a lot of infection numbers already displayed they originated in places of worship

 

it was chinese new year which helped the spread

 

we either accept that the virus is here 1-5% die

 

hope it does not mutate into something bad but usually mutations get weaker lets hope it sticks to that.

 

thailand unlike other se asian countries handled this whole visa thing very very badly

squeezing every last baht out of it.

 

sweden and japans we dont care policy is back firing

 

no guarantee you cannot catch it more than once

no timeline on immunity protection


only 7 billion vaccines to produce and distribute

yeah sure everything will return to normal pretty soon

 

anyone want to buy a unicorn turd?

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, andy72 said:

well of course the tourists wont be back

 

for starters no insurance company will be issuing covid insurance

 

no tourists will now take that risk

 

thailand has not declared if it will lift that requirement of covid cover

 

yes se asia is not badly hit
here comes ramadan followed by eid

 

a lot of infection numbers already displayed they originated in places of worship

 

it was chinese new year which helped the spread

 

we either accept that the virus is here 1-5% die

 

hope it does not mutate into something bad but usually mutations get weaker lets hope it sticks to that.

 

thailand unlike other se asian countries handled this whole visa thing very very badly

squeezing every last baht out of it.

 

sweden and japans we dont care policy is back firing

 

no guarantee you cannot catch it more than once

no timeline on immunity protection


only 7 billion vaccines to produce and distribute

yeah sure everything will return to normal pretty soon

 

anyone want to buy a unicorn turd?

 

 

 

I think your post sums up the situation quite well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, andy72 said:

anyone want to buy a unicorn turd?

 

Ask Tourism Thailand,they may well like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, darksidedog said:

I suspect there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth going on right now at TAT who had been trying to tell us it would all start to come good again from next month. Should be easy though to now calculate tourist numbers. ZERO. Not quite sure how they will put a positive spin on that, but I am sure they will try.

Pay people to upgrade who have no work, what a good time to carry out work on walking street, many of those businesses will not reopen, so carry out the plan and do away with the beach side buildings with the abundance of available labour which in turn helps there families etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I think your post sums up the situation quite well.  

Yes very well presented, thankyou.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, andy72 said:

well of course the tourists wont be back

for starters no insurance company will be issuing covid insurance

...

Uh? Unsure what you are talking about ??

From my country (France) I received at least 3 emails

from Health Insurance companies promoting their "special Covid-19" insurance.

 

By example: Main French Expats company: https://www.cfe.fr/offre-covid-expat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2020 at 1:45 AM, AlohaBKk said:

It’s a pretty big black mark on a country trying to push itself in a better direction.  Just as gentrification happens in most areas the same will apply to Pattaya.  I’m sure thai people don’t appreciate it.  Let’s be honest pattaya doesn’t bring the best foreigners anyways.  Tbh the punters are the problem and bring their problems too.  The city didn’t start out that way.  Foreigners brought it.  Maybe it’s time they start trying to kick the scrubs out and attract better people.  Actually since everything is <deleted> down...now is a great time to start.  😎

When the baby gets thrown out with the bath water,just hope you and your fellow farlangs don,t have to join them,be careful what you wish for

Edited by kingdong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2020 at 2:55 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

While I mock the man made climate change movement, I do agree that air travel should be restricted. It's air and hearing polluting, and has made mass tourism possible which IMO is a very bad thing. Thai beaches which were once lovely have been destroyed catering to mass tourism.

I'd like to see air travel go back to 1970s levels. Enough for those that need faster than ship travel, but too expensive for those that only want to get a tan.

 

If the virus does remain in the body as an infecting and fatal disease, that'll put the pro lockdown demographic in a quandary. A vaccine will also be useless.

And there was I thinking some good had come from this virus,greta thunderbird and her save the planet mob being put on the back burner,the world's going to have a lot more pressing issues than a load of all regarding climate change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 1:45 PM, AlohaBKk said:

It’s a pretty big black mark on a country trying to push itself in a better direction.  Just as gentrification happens in most areas the same will apply to Pattaya.  I’m sure thai people don’t appreciate it.  Let’s be honest pattaya doesn’t bring the best foreigners anyways.  Tbh the punters are the problem and bring their problems too.  The city didn’t start out that way.  Foreigners brought it.  Maybe it’s time they start trying to kick the scrubs out and attract better people.  Actually since everything is <deleted> down...now is a great time to start.  😎

The city didn’t start out that way.  Foreigners brought it.

 

Thanks for the laugh- hilarious!

Pattaya only exists today because of the sex trade, which is why the first hotels were built decades ago, so mongers had somewhere to stay.

Pattaya was built on the back of the prossies, or should that be on their fronts?

 

BTW, not a single building catering to the night scene was built by farangs- all by Thais.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? Unsure what you are talking about ??

From my country (France) I received at least 3 emails

from Health Insurance companies promoting their "special Covid-19" insurance.

 

By example: Main French Expats company: https://www.cfe.fr/offre-covid-expat

I got a notice from my insurance company, also French, that I am covered if I get covid-19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...