Pattaya: "Zero" tourists - last remaining Russians have cancelled and tourism industry faces 80% closure for up to a year

webfact

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can't see tourism starting in a big way again for a long time.

Tourism will not restart before a successful vaccination campaign has been carried out worldwide. And to that, depending on the devastation of the economies, you can add one or more years before potential tourists even think of flying out to a place like Thailand, or what will be left of it. 3 to 5 years would be my guesstimate.

Edited by Boomer6969

13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The best defense we have at the moment is to not become a host.  

and how do you propose that we do that? Unless rich enough to get other people to go to the supermarket, we do and that is the place I will get it, if I do. I don't have a choice, and I'm not that stressed about it anyway. What happens happens, and if not that, a heart attack ( probably brought about from being in lockdown ) or a stroke. There's no way to avoid the grim reaper. He takes all of us sooner or later. What counts is what we did with our lives, not how long we live.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Tourism will not restart before a successful vaccination campaign has been carried out worldwide.

"Big Pharma" gets plenty of free publicity doesn't it? ????

Surprising for an industry that puts profit first! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There's no way to avoid the grim reaper. He takes all of us sooner or later. What counts is what we did with our lives, not how long we live.

There you go - a statement I can agree with, have some dignity folks ????     ????

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Tourism will not restart before a successful vaccination campaign has been carried out worldwide. And to that, depending on the devastation of the economies, you can add one or more years before potential tourists even think of flying out to a place like Thailand, or what will be left of it. 3 to 5 years would be my guesstimate.

What happens when another virus comes along? repeat every time?

There's been a few so far. Very likely to be more.

Just now, CGW said:

There you go - a statement I can agree with, have some dignity folks ????     ????

I'd like to great death with some dignity, not with a tube down my throat, or hiding in my room.

Luckily I informed all relevant people I do not want resuscitation, if they take me to hospital and I can't talk. They can keep the ventilator for someone that has better life prospects than I.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Something that seems to be lost in translation for many who complain about bars and clubs being closed here.

More likely to get it at the supermarket and they haven't closed them and made us all eat spam delivered by catapult from the back of a truck.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and how do you propose that we do that? Unless rich enough to get other people to go to the supermarket,

The lock downs are forcing us to do it, that's why they have done the lock downs, world wide. 

As for the supermarket, yes, it's a risk, but it's take that smaller risk, or die of starvation.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What counts is what we did with our lives, not how long we live.

Give a thought to what more you could have done with a longer life. 

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

More likely to get it at the supermarket and they haven't closed them and made us all eat spam delivered by catapult from the back of a truck.

Like I said, supermarkets are a small risk, but people need to eat, or die of starvation. 

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Absolutely zilch that would have a lasting impact! we are transient, enjoy the trip ???? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

The lock downs are forcing us to do it, that's why they have done the lock downs, world wide. 

As for the supermarket, yes, it's a risk, but it's take that smaller risk, or die of starvation.

LOL. Given my decrepitude, not a lot. The top of Everest with have to do without my foot on it.

LOL. Given my decrepitude, not a lot. The top of Everest with have to do without my foot on it.

Mine also, though it would have been nice!

This is a great time for humanity, all those that have been trying to decide what 'sex" they are & all the rest of the utter nonsense they have lapped up, thinking society will take care of them! welcome to reality! ????

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Everest can do without your foot on it, but can your Thai missus do without you.  The buffalo get sick also.  ????

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Not me.  I am improving the lives of Thai citizens in Issan, 1 hour at a time.  ????

They will remember both you and I with a tear in their eye (& a glass in hand!), I have done my bit also ????

No regrets! 

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

Mine also, though it would have been nice!

This is a great time for humanity, all those that have been trying to decide what 'sex" they are & all the rest of the utter nonsense they have lapped up, thinking society will take care of them! welcome to reality! ????

There's a silver lining to this crisis. Haven't heard from Greta or her acolytes since it started. Mind you, she must be wetting herself with joy now that people don't fly anymore.

There's a silver lining to this crisis. Haven't heard from Greta or her acolytes since it started. Mind you, she must be wetting herself with joy now that people don't fly anymore.

Its "shut up" a lot of people, they are probably working out how to tax a post CV19 society and make yet more money from the gullible?

Making a few assumptions there! ???? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

????????????? I have zero idea what my EX wife is doing. I haven't communicated with her since I left LOS.

So, you are not even in Thailand. 

I was waiting for a "I've lived here for 25 years" comment.  ????

Edited by Leaver

18 minutes ago, CGW said:

Its "shut up" a lot of people, they are probably working out how to tax a post CV19 society and make yet more money from the gullible?

Making a few assumptions there! ???? 

Perhaps Sadam moved all his weapons of mass destruction to China, before the coalition of the willing could find them, AFTER invasion.

Hint Hint, as to what they are working on.   ????

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Perhaps Sadam moved all his weapons of mass destruction to China, before the coalition of the willing could find them, AFTER invasion.

Hint Hint, as to what they are working on.   ????

Thankfully - worldwide - we have "elected" people into power to lead us through these troubled times! least we can trust them knowing full well they have our welfare at the forefront. ????

Were F^kced! been fun while it lasted, never thought It would last this long anyway! ????

30 minutes ago, CGW said:

They will remember both you and I with a tear in their eye (& a glass in hand!), I have done my bit also ????

No regrets! 

Mongers built Pattaya. 

No way will some virus bring this place down.  United we stand, albeit, 1.5m apart, but we shall fight against this insidious disease until the very last bar fine has been paid here.  Once more unto the breach.   ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Mongers built Pattaya. 

No way will some virus bring this place down.  United we stand, albeit, 1.5m apart, but we shall fight against this insidious disease until the very last bar fine has been paid here.  Once more unto the breach.   ????

Indeed Sir, I was there in 1997, stood alone on Soi 6 looking for a bar that was open after eating alone in the Sportmans, tough times, we got through them!

Many a buffalo was rescued from certain death, many pretty girls girls morphed into ugliness in the dark of the night

Onward, upwards.....

48 minutes ago, CGW said:

Indeed Sir, I was there in 1997, stood alone on Soi 6 looking for a bar that was open after eating alone in the Sportmans, tough times, we got through them!

Many a buffalo was rescued from certain death, many pretty girls girls morphed into ugliness in the dark of the night

Onward, upwards.....

I salute you Old Boy.

Through the fog of war, I remember being in the trenches on Soi 6 in 2008.  I was surrounded by cowardice, from those retreating to the safety of the villages in Issan.  Deserters, every last one of them.  

Down to my last few thousand baht, and a Visa Card, I advanced upstairs in many a bar, rescuing many a Thai girl, and their buffalo, from a certain death. 

Indeed, tough times.  Alas, here we are again, back in the trenches in Pattaya, facing an enemy we can not see, but rest assure, as battle weary as I am, I will leave no bar girl behind on the battle field. 

The Battle of Corona will be fought and won in Pattaya.  ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

The autopsies have been done.  Samples have been taken and examined.

The results currently are, THEY DON'T KNOW why some die and some can prevail.  Why do you think such a global emphasis on not becoming a host?

One of two things happen.  Either the virus kills the host, or the host's immune system kills the virus. 

The challenge is, to isolate the hosts from the healthy.  Something that seems to be lost in translation for many who complain about bars and clubs being closed here. 

Leaver, after the pandemic, I'd be interested in seeing some statistical analysis of those who perished. Since this virus causes all kinds of lung problems, I'd like to know whether those who intentionally introduce particulate matter into their lungs (tobacco, weed, vaping, etc) suffer any differently from the virus than those who do not.    

Edited by Watchful
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Every day there was LIVING, unlike my life now where I just get a day closer to death every time I wake up.

Life in LOS has become that too for now.....

• Sad 1