Pattaya: Former US gangster - who speaks five languages - hit hard Covid-19 times and robbed 7-Eleven

webfact

Pattaya: Former US gangster - who speaks five languages - hit hard Covid-19 times and robbed 7-Eleven

4pm1.jpg

The man who robbed a 7-Eleven of 5,000 baht in cash in the Pattaya area last week had a colorful history. 

Phayungsak "Roger" Wasuwat, 37, was taken by senior police officers to the convenience store branch near the Bang Lamung Bus Station for a reenactment yesterday. The crime took place in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Bang Lamung police chief Pol Col Pattanachai Phamornphiboon said his arrest at a rented house in Soi Map Bon 12 followed three days of intensive inquiries. 

The suspect has been charged with armed robbery, weapons offences and using a vehicle to flee. 

He admitted to the crime and offered up an apology and a wai. He said he bought a BB gun online. He lost his job because of the Covid-19 crisis and had no money for food and no money for his Post Traumatic Stress Disorder meds. 

He said that he continually needs to take the PTSD drugs and see a doctor regularly. 

After deciding to rob his local 7-Eleven he threw the gun and his clothes in the trash and went back to his normal life before he was apprehended.

Daily News reported that "Roger" was brought up in California where he was a prominent member of a gang. He could speak five languages and spent 30 years in the States.

When he returned to Thailand he got a job working for a Pattaya tour company but that shut down due to the Covid-19 outbreak leaving him with no job. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-30

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The suspect has been charged with armed robbery, weapons offences and using a vehicle to flee. 

This is a crime too? If he would use his legs to flee would make his fine smaller?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Folks do desperate things in desperate times, and I suspect he will not be the last turning to crime in coming weeks as the lack of money really starts to bite.

Makes you wonder where, or how, they are going to start "housing" all of those arrested in the near future.  I believe, prior to the virus, many jails were already overflowing. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No, he will have to become a monk, and be like all the other folks that get in trouble and look to the biggest corruption gang out there to get back into society with just a Wai...

I just ask you a question, without disrespecting you, just a question: How people who make these kinds of reflections as if everything was settled with a simple wy, would explain that the prisons of Thailand are bursting at the seams, sheltering 350,000 prisoners, when for instance in UK with almost exactly the same number of inhabitants there are only 84,000 prisoners more than 75% less. Any answer?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Folks do desperate things in desperate times, and I suspect he will not be the last turning to crime in coming weeks as the lack of money really starts to bite.

I sometimes think that Farangs will need to take care in the coming months due to the number of unemployed, and desperate people especially in areas around Bangkok, and Pattaya.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that he continually needs to take the PTSD drugs and see a doctor regularly. 

No excuse, trying the defense of many HiSo's that get

caught, too ill to do time.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

boyo.

A lot of my extended family ???? are from there and they've never mastered it so I reckon the chances of a Thai refugee gangster 30 yrs in the U S being able to sound like you're clearing the throat whilst eating a sausage roll when asking for the nearest Pharmacy for the PTSD med's would be pretty remote .. 

• Haha 2