Covid-19: Face mask sting leads to arrest of overcharging female trader near Bangkok

webfact

Covid-19: Face mask sting leads to arrest of overcharging female trader near Bangkok

5apm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Police in Samut Prakan carried out a sting to trap a female trader hoarding and overcharging for surgical face masks. 

Arrested at a house in Bang Kaew, Bang Plee was 57 year old Tharat.

Officers had arranged to buy two packs of face masks comprising 100 in total - they paid 1,500 baht meaning each mask cost 15 baht. 

Further searches of the house uncovered cardboard boxes containing 14,250 masks that were all seized. 

Tharat was charged under 1999 regulations and is in the custody of the Bang Kaew constabulary. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-30
  • Like 1

Its a bit of a catch22 situation. I was chatting with a pharmacist the other day. They said there's price controls in place.

They cant buy stock of masks as the wholesalers price is higher than the allowed control sale price.

38 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

I love to see this kind of news because I am unable to purchase masks (not available)for a while.

Depends what quality you're after. Look on your local area Thai facebook pages. There are plenty of home businesses sewing and selling cloth type and surgical masks.

36 minutes ago, Farma said:

Its a bit of a catch22 situation. I was chatting with a pharmacist the other day. They said there's price controls in place.

They cant buy stock of masks as the wholesalers price is higher than the allowed control sale price.

The pharmacist should report the wholesalers. The individual in the OP was nailed under the regulations introduced under the current State of Emergency and it applies to retailers and wholesalers as well.

• Like 1

I entered a Villa Market over the weekend, not in Bangkok though, the wearing of a mask was pre requisite of entry.

For those not in possession of a mask the security guy had packs of three masks, in a commercial wrapper,  available for 10 Baht.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The pharmacist should report the wholesalers. The individual in the OP was nailed under the regulations introduced under the current State of Emergency and it applies to retailers and wholesalers as well.

and  also they mustnt  burn the fields just like the  one in my  picture  which was obviously a  freak lightning strike, also they must wear helmets and I could go  on and on......its  all  lip service 99%  of the time

20200330_174913.jpg

8 hours ago, kevin612 said:

I love to see this kind of news because I am unable to purchase masks (not available)for a while.

Funny, I don't have any problem finding them in any stores, these are made by the THAI TAM PON COMPANY.

TAMPON.jpg

• Haha 1