Non-immigrant O visa extension based on child questions

My situation is i am located in bangkok, i have half thai/british baby born here in bangkok & i am not currently married to the mother & i am on the childs birth certificate as father & baby has my surname.
I have 2 months left on my current non o visa (based on child) which i have not extended yet, could someone help me with info for exact documents needed & the process involved.
Firstly for -
a) 60 day extension (what docs? When to apply? whether i would have to take my 9 month old baby to CW?)
Then also -
b) 1 year extension based on child (what docs? And again what is the process)

Obviously i want to stay & look after my baby & partner, what would be the best way to do this?
I can put the 400,000 into a thai bank account no problem, i have 2 months left on my current visa & then presumably i can extend for 2 more months. Is 4 months potentially enough time to sort all this out & do both extensions given the current circumstances with regards to the virus?
Many thanks in advance for any replies.

For the 60 day extension you will need their birth certificate and a copy of it and a copy of their house book registry. You will need proof of residence in Bangkok. Normally they will want your child to be with you but they may make an exception now. 

To apply for the one year extension you must be the legal father of your child by way of marriage to their mother or legitimization of your parenthood. There is a topic here about the process. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

To apply for the one year extension based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply (no 2 month requirement).

Four months should be enough time to get the legitimization done.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JammG said:

Thanks ubonjoe for your reply & info, looking at the link you posted to the legitimization process it looks as though it will be easier to get married.

That may be correct. But be sure it is what both of you really want to do.

With embassies partially shut down and some Amphoes only doing certain critical work it may be more difficult than normal to register your marriage.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 12:16 AM, ubonjoe said:

the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply

I thought the 400k needed to be in the bank for months prior.  or is it different based on kids rather than based on marriage?

15 minutes ago, yourauntbob said:

I thought the 400k needed to be in the bank for months prior.  or is it different based on kids rather than based on marriage?

There is no 2 month requirement for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai.

I don't like to disagree with you but I was told at Phuket Immigration yesterday that I needed the 400k to be seasoned for 2 month for first time yearly extension for child. I have posted all this in a thread which I started. Some might say it is not correct and they are not following the rules but I tried to explain this and I tell you now they was not having any of it.

Luckily I went 4 days early for my 60 day extension and am rushing around trying to get the 400k over here today. 

Different offices have different rules but it is worth checking first and I nearly got caught out.Hope this helps someone

16 minutes ago, Stanvac said:

I don't like to disagree with you but I was told at Phuket Immigration yesterday that I needed the 400k to be seasoned for 2 month for first time yearly extension for child.

Phuket is known for making their own rules. I can assure you police order does not require it.

Even the Phuket volunteers website does not mention it. http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/custodian-to-thai-child/

Note the incorrect name that have for it. If should say parent of a Thai.

You are correct and the police order does not require it but the IO at Phuket Immigration does require it so i am just advising people maybe check at their local immigration office what is required in advance to cover themselves.Hope this helps.