Trump's attack on GM over ventilators quickly turns to praise

webfact

16 minutes ago, rabas said:

Then there's this, The Illinois RapidVent emergency ventilator fully designed, developed, and now under test for 75 hrs in just one week. Ready for production and can be manufactured at low cost and high volumes. Plugs into any hospital O2 vent or tanks.  I think GM missed the boat.

The Grainger College of Engineering and Carle Health demonstrate working prototype of emergency vent

MIT Students Invent $100 Ventilator for Disaster Zones

The low-cost ventilator consists of the sort of cheap manual pump that is ubiquitous even in rudimentary first-aid kits, connected to a battery and motor. A set of dials on the exterior of the box control the volume and breath cycles, while a gauge monitors pressure flow and prevents over-pressurizing of the lungs, which can occur when patients are being sustained through manual ventilation. The MIT solution costs only around $100 to produce, compared with the $30,000 price tag for the machines typically seen in U.S. hospitals.

https://www.fastcompany.com/1661942/mit-students-invent-100-ventilator-for-disaster-zones

22 minutes ago, rabas said:

Then there's this, The Illinois RapidVent emergency ventilator fully designed, developed, and now under test for 75 hrs in just one week. Ready for production and can be manufactured at low cost and high volumes. Plugs into any hospital O2 vent or tanks.  I think GM missed the boat.

The Grainger College of Engineering and Carle Health demonstrate working prototype of emergency vent

who want's simple, efficient and cost-effective when you can support the bureaucracy and cut juicy billion dollar contracts to the company that gave us the geo metro, the pontiac fiero, the chevy vega and of course the chevy citation.   yeah, they're gonna build them "at cost," which of course includes the tens of millions to refurbish unused factories. 

2 hours ago, rabas said:

Large companies such as GM, which are focused on rationalisation and economies of scale are not fit to think outside of the dominant model. They are also terrified by class actions, etc... so have low tolerance for risk.

"I think i am getting very good reports about GM" The wood be commander in chief can't even get his own propaganda straight. Did he get good reports or is this another BS line. If Trump had not cut the pandemic dept put in place by Obama the wood be no shortages of medical equipment.He even lied about this say he did not but maybe someone else had without him knowing.When God was giving out brains Trump thought he said trains and get on the end of the line.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, armadillo215 said:

Why in the world would you invite those whom hate you and have done all they can to ruin both you and the country...Look how inclusive they have been....

How about without them you would not have had any bill to sign....but he won't share the limelight with anyone...Not Doctor Anthony Fauci, not Deborah Birx, since he still doesn't know government works, by compromise, not edicts from a would be dictator

All the posturing in the world by the Trump acolytes will not change the facts: The Commander in Chief blinked at the first shot in the Covid-19 war 

Bad bad Grumpy John.  ????  Knows he can trigger the PC crowd, the liberals and democrats just by speaking the truth.   That's probably the reason he got farcebook jail 2.5 years in the last 5!  So, put me on ignore if: Like Col Jessup said in 'A Few Good Men "you can't handle the truth!"  Have a nice day. ????

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, riclag said:

B sanders is favored  by GM in fact GM leans  more to the dems then Mr. Trump. Maybe he knows more about why GM was called out! 

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs//summary?id=D000000155

He's gonna get very little from that liberal bastion 

It's not significantly different from Ford Motors

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs//summary?id=D000000182

Or Fiat Chrysler

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary?id=D000043126

It seems to be an industry trend.

On 3/30/2020 at 5:44 AM, GalaxyMan said:

I mean, he's already bragging about how only 100,000 people dying will show what a GREAT job he's doing.

You can be sure someone is doing a great job when they keep saying they're doing a great job.  After all, why would they lie?

:cheesy:

4 hours ago, bendejo said:

You can be sure someone is doing a great job when they keep saying they're doing a great job.  After all, why would they lie?

:cheesy:

Yes, the lady doth protest too much, methinks. ????

21 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

The Commander in Chief blinked at the first shot in the Covid-19 war 

He didn't just blink, he shut his eye tight and stuck his head even further up his six, never letting reality get in the way of what he wanted to believe, and now hundreds of thousands of Americans are going to die due to his manifest incompetence and malfeasance, more people (Americans) than died in the Vietnam and Korea wars combined. How is it possible that China, a supposedly backward, 3rd-world country with 4 times the population of the US, is going to end up with only 1/10 the number of deaths?

If you wanted to destroy America, you'd first dismantle its government (in the process), corrupt its judiciary (pretty much a done deal with the connivance of Moscow Mitch), and then try to kill off that part of the population which is most likely to oppose you, which in this case is anyone who might not vote for him; black, brown, poor, etc., those most vulnerable and least able to protect themselves from this virus. ????

Edited by GalaxyMan

2 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

He didn't just blink, he shut his eye tight, never letting reality get in the way of what he wanted to believe, and now hundreds of thousands of Americans are going to die due to his manifest incompetence and malfeasance,

Is that the new meme now? No more Russia or Ukraine or Taxes or emoluments? Bummer, I miss those.

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Is that the new meme now? No more Russia or Ukraine or Taxes or emoluments? Bummer, I miss those.

The list does seem to just grow and grow, doesn't it? My experience in life says that if there's smoke everywhere, there just might be fire. ????

• Like 1