Sanitising banknotes

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I keep a full bottle of hand sanitizer with me.

Spray liberally after touching notes which I keep in a small plastic bag in my pocket.

Yes, I think keeping them in a disposable plastic bag is a good idea. The gel I use is pretty thick stuff and I'd have to massage it into the banknotes, though I think just using methylated spirits has the same effectiveness, and at least that evaporates quickly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Oh Dear - | Make a Meme

Post Covid-19, we will become a cashless society, it's already in the making.

Yeah, it's coming for sure, but I'm determined to only worry about it if I'm still alive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I make sure I have the correct change if I can't use internet banking or credit card.

The whole financial system is changing to digital soon( I heard from former Minister of Finance, "Korn', so that is good(if you hold digital currencies).

• Confused 1

Also, take out cash from the banks now! I did 2 weeks ago to have a ready supply. This is even more important if you have money in a US bank. Big changes coming, don't listen to CNN pleading for you to NOT take it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

I too am avoiding notes.

There are several QR applications for low value payments which are available to foreigners.

TrueMoney and LinePay both work for me.

Thanks, I thought LINE pay was only for Thais. I'll check it out.

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks, I thought LINE pay was only for Thais. I'll check it out.

There are some things you can't do as a foreigner (link a credit card being one), but the general functionality is there.

TrueMoney seems to allow everything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Also, take out cash from the banks now! I did 2 weeks ago to have a ready supply. This is even more important if you have money in a US bank. Big changes coming, don't listen to CNN pleading for you to NOT take it out.

Sounds interesting, but please don't leave us hanging. What are these 'big changes' that are coming, and do you have any links to them?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Sounds interesting, but please don't leave us hanging. What are these 'big changes' that are coming, and do you have any links to them?

Global financial reset to digital currency. No links but I've been hearing about for a couple of years, the powers that be were just waiting for a black swan event.

The following guy is a good listen

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Global financial reset to digital currency. No links but I've been hearing about for a couple of years, the powers that be were just waiting for a black swan event.

The following guy is a good listen

OK, nothing new then, thanks.

It's true, though, that somebody's going to have to pay for the bail-outs when the dust has settled.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Oh god so much work i have been senitiseing my piles of cash for hours now with the help of the missus and her family who get to keep the really dirty banknotes and still long way to go, what a drag to be so rich...

Yeh I been doing the same to my cards, but was over in a minute.

• Haha 1