Accident stats: Sunday was lowest of the year - Covid-19 lock down related?

webfact

Accident stats: Sunday was lowest of the year - Covid-19 lock down related?

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The last weekend's road fatalities showed a marked drop to usual figures. 

Saturday was 18 and Sunday only 10 were reported - the lowest of the year. 

Daily News reported the figures but made no reference that this might be related to the quiet streets and lack of people travelling in Thailand due to the Emergency Decree issued by the government last week. 

So far in March 1,234 people have been reported "dead at the scene" - figures that always increase when various jurisdictions report on Tuesday. This brought the total for 2020 to 3,894, said Daily News.

Besides, the figures no not include those that die on the way to and in hospitals - figures that always show how much worse the situation is than is usually reported. Many say the death toll in Thailand is around 24,000 to 26,000 per annum. 

The low death toll at the weekend will lead many to speculate that road accident figures will improve due to the coronavirus pandemic, notes Thaivisa. 

Other data from www.thairsc.com showed that there were 2,052 injuries and 28 deaths on Friday and 1,709 injuries and 18 fatalities on Saturday. 

The Friday deaths were 24 in motorcycle accidents and 4 in cars. The ratio on Saturday was 14/4.

The Saturday  www.thairsc.com data stated that a staggering 267,116 people have been injured and 3,974 killed so far in 2020 (80 more fatalities than in the Daily News data).

Daily News reported a collision between a parked 18 wheel Isuzu transporting wood and another 18 wheel Isuzu that slammed into the back of it. Two people had to be cut out. The location of the accident was not included in the report. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-30

EUPr228UcAALFHO.jpg

EUMcc2dUUAAO2Xh.jpg

3 hours ago, sapson said:

No sh@t Sherlock! less people on the roads less accidents.

Please don't tell the experts who more than likely had a 4 hr meeting to try and figure out  the reasons why. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i promise i will never complain about the homicidal selfish me first Thai drivers again and i am prepared to take my chances on the highways again.

so please let me out of the house. pretty please with a cherry on top. 

Just go on another of your silly trips - you will be fine

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i promise i will never complain about the homicidal selfish me first Thai drivers again and i am prepared to take my chances on the highways again.

so please let me out of the house. pretty please with a cherry on top. 

Mr. Murphy dictates you's be mowed down by a delivery truck before you manage to take the first complete step out.

• Haha 1