Explaining the Thai resilience to the virus

Brunolem

Initial analysis suggests those dying in the West all have the following in common:-

1) Chronic zinc deficiency, often stemming from over-consumption of processed foods that lack minerals. (Note those that state you don't need to take Vitamins!)

2) Hypertension (high blood pressure)

3) Taking prescription medications (specifically, high blood pressure meds)

WE can all decide what applies to Thailand.

...the big difference in lethality from the virus, between the West and the so-called developing countries

What do you think?

Whatever the reason, should cook-up something to show that the West is still superior on this issue - it just cannot be otherwise. 

• Haha 1

Southeast Asia governments are authoritarian at the best of times. Thailand doesn't have a good record on statistics and doesn't spend a lot on testing. People have escaped Bangkok and taken the disease upcountry where the government doesn't really care much about. Whatever number of infections the government guesses, add three zeros. 

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Dr Yinn says wearing a face mask is certainly not an iron-clad guarantee that you won’t get sick – viruses can also transmit through the eyes and tiny viral particles, known as aerosols, can penetrate masks. However, masks are effective at capturing droplets, which is a main transmission route of coronavirus, and some studies have estimated a roughly fivefold protection versus no barrier alone. 

Why you think doctor and nurse in corona hospital wear the mask? Because they not handsome?

There is one more reason. People touch their faces many times per hour, wearing a mask helps reducing that habit.

Ex-pats don't believe TAT's stats but they believe the government stats on the virus? Hmmm.

I guess we all choose what we want to believe. Sometimes we are right.

Thais use a lot of garlic and I've heard it helps against the virus. I believe.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, diks said:

There is one more reason. People touch their faces many times per hour, wearing a mask helps reducing that habit.

Sometimes wearing a mask can exacerbate that. By adjusting the mask whenever it slips down...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Yinn said:

Dr Yinn says wearing a face mask is certainly not an iron-clad guarantee that you won’t get sick – viruses can also transmit through the eyes and tiny viral particles, known as aerosols, can penetrate masks. However, masks are effective at capturing droplets, which is a main transmission route of coronavirus, and some studies have estimated a roughly fivefold protection versus no barrier alone. 

Why you think doctor and nurse in corona hospital wear the mask? Because they not handsome?

But yet Germany's death rate is still 30% lower than South Korea's, though most in Germany don't wear masks.

Maybe droplets are not the main way the virus spreads.

Doctors and nurses are in close contact with the sick, of course we are not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elgenon said:

Those are another thing a vegan friend said was good for keeping the cooties away. Buona Fortuna my friend!

Same to you, the other day a Thai lady told me to drink hot ginger tea against the virus, she was incredulous when i told her that i drink 4/5 cups everyday.