Thais in Pattaya not Taking Serious

baansgr

13 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

and meanwhile in countries where the  education system is bragged about you have thousands of morons acting like none of the rules applies to them, consequently killing potentially 100's of thousands. Too bad some of you fools never made it back home where you see some real 'buffaloes' in action lol..

Just because antisocial behavior exists in other countries doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it when it happens here in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is why tourism will not be coming back to Thailand anytime soon. It will continue to spread here, because of the complacency in which it is regarded.  

Unfortunately, it's people like these that will see Thailand's tourism industry stall, when other countries have their tourism industry up and running again.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How did you react when you were a teenager and some old person tried to tell you how to behave?

And especially how did you act at that time with your girlfriend next to you?

Take it easy, it will get worse for some time.

Pretty difficult to take it easy in a country where one is so self-conscious of being 'different' because you're reminded of that every day. I have taken it easy for a long time here, but have a zero tolerance policy towards being discriminated against. Mind you, I'm not saying I would punch that girl in the face, but I would have given her a tongue lashing (in Thai, which I'm fluent in).

I once told some Thai dick why he was trying to talk to me in a supermarket whether there's something wrong with him? He was trying to impress his girlfriend by saying 'hello' 'where u cum frommm' like dude...if you want to speak English with foreigners...go to Suvarnabhumi airport. That's a bit creepy though, which is what I felt when he accosted me. Better to just go online or enrol in an English learning course. I mean, I don't go up to Chinese people in Chinatown and go "nihao" either.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Pretty difficult to take it easy in a country where one is so self-conscious of being 'different' because you're reminded of that every day. I have taken it easy for a long time here, but have a zero tolerance policy towards being discriminated against. Mind you, I'm not saying I would punch that girl in the face, but I would have given her a tongue lashing (in Thai, which I'm fluent in).

I once told some Thai dick why he was trying to talk to me in a supermarket whether there's something wrong with him? He was trying to impress his girlfriend by saying 'hello' 'where u cum frommm' like dude...if you want to speak English with foreigners...go to Suvarnabhumi airport. That's a bit creepy though, which is what I felt when he accosted me. Better to just go online or enrol in an English learning course. I mean, I don't go up to Chinese people in Chinatown and go "nihao" either.

Note to self :   Don't go near the beach  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

This is why tourism will not be coming back to Thailand anytime soon. It will continue to spread here, because of the complacency in which it is regarded.  

Unfortunately, it's people like these that will see Thailand's tourism industry stall, when other countries have their tourism industry up and running again.    

I believe Thailand is starting to learn that all that open tourism is just not worth it in the long run, better to just tighten the immigration vices till all the low lifes are forced out. If the world recovers, that's the direction the country will be heading imo..

17 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Why should anyone smile at such stupid behaviour?

Many time I and other visiting professors, for numerous reasons, have asked Thai uni students:

- Who read a Thai or any newspaper yesterday, either print or on-line?  None

- Who read a Thai or any newspaper in the last week, either print or on-line? None

- Last 3 months? None.   Last 12 months? None

- There was an article on Bkk Post and the Nation about an incident yesterday in Phuket about passports (whatever) relevant to Thai people. Who can explain it?  Nobody.

My Thai son watches both Thai and international news every evening and slowly he got his Thai wife to watch with him and she now watches with interest.

I ask son's buddies (all professional people, one is a doctor medicine, can't speak a word of English), 'did you see the item on the news yesterday about xxxxx?' They responde with a look on their face 'uhh, what are you talking about'? The ultimate meaning is NO.

I've asked my students 'when you check facebook or twitter do you read the news items? NO.

No further comment needed.  

Edited by scorecard
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

It's only 3-4 weeks ago that I sat on the beach and saw a group of Chinese walking up, in direction towards me.

I instantly got up and walked away ... I don't need a group of Chinese passing me by right now.

How is this any different? I'm the same with that kind of thinking.

2 weeks ago I packed my stuff and my girl and booked a bungalow for 4 weeks in a very quiet area. Away from busy areas with a lot of ppl.

Sure, initially someone asked me, how long have you been in Thailand, or did you just arrive?

That's a normal question, I understand that. I would ask the same.

Being in this quiet area now, I see ppl getting more and more serious about social distancing. 

Yesterday, the 7/11 staff had plastic shields over their heads, everyone kept distance and lined up in a respectful manner.

I put a mask on before I go into any public space ... I know that doesn't help me, but it's a token of respect to others, it shows them

that I care about them ... they want to see this, it calms them down. 

I don't see anyone behaving strange to me. For sure, there are always some idiots doing something stupid. 

But it doesn't come up to me that this is a 'Thai' thing ... you got them everywhere in the World.

Same as I walked away when a group of Chinese approached me.

On the flip side, I see many Farangs doing silly things and not to read some of the discussions I follow on TVF.

So called educated, superior ppl, as they often think and talk about themselves. But in reality, many of them are not. Far from it.

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Wouldn't have an issue with that except the majority of comments seem to always reek of thinly veiled racism, what's funny is that those who feel they're from 'better countries' are sadly awakening to the fact that they're not any better and in some cases worse -  for their governments care more about money than lives. This is being proven out day after day but I'm still reading moronic comments from those who falsely believe they are superior lol..

I am not superior in any way .. a well maybe at driving ???? , but isn't that happening in every country all over the world ,that money is more important then a human life .

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Wouldn't have an issue with that except the majority of comments seem to always reek of thinly veiled racism, what's funny is that those who feel they're from 'better countries' are sadly awakening to the fact that they're not any better and in some cases worse -  for their governments care more about money than lives. This is being proven out day after day but I'm still reading moronic comments from those who falsely believe they are superior lol..

Whilst some of what you say is true, there is no racism, thinly veiled or otherwise! Some of the 'better countries' are at least helping the folks that have found themselves out of work due to the current pandemic, I don't see the Thai Government helping anyone but themselves!!

• Confused 1