Bats back on sale in China's live animal markets

edwardandtubs

22 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Brilliant post!

I once was part of a team that studied a cholera epidemic north of Mumbai..same sort of scenario.

However my Thai family still ate off the common plate and passed those plastic bags of coke around willy nilly.

However they are learning..

(I once watched a Thai matron cut up somtam in what was,in reality,the family toilet)

this was for tomb sweeping festival, the day AFTER i had just cleaned the bathroom.

KFC1.Jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snow Leopard said:

My issue is this. Most countries after this is over should seriously look at their essential needs as a country. These items need to be produced and stock piled domestically. When global supply chains break down or more to the point when the country producing the essential items needs it for istelf then its game over for the wanna be purchaser. 

The only way to punish China is to kick it in the nuts, financially. Sadly i cannot see this happening.

No one believes what China says. Their economy is teetering on the edge of financial collapse and has been for some time. A swift kick right now would finish them financially and then the ordinary people inside China would do the rest and end the rule of the CCP. 

The West has made itself totally reliant on China. Hopefully this pandemic will cause them to rethink that strategy but I fear in a couple of years we'll just go back to the way things were due to our short-sighted politicians.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

The West has made itself totally reliant on China. Hopefully this pandemic will cause them to rethink that strategy but I fear in a couple of years we'll just go back to the way things were due to our short-sighted politicians.

And greed

19 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

You'd like the media to be controlled by the government like in China would you?

Mailonline is the world's most widely read English language news website so if this article was inaccurate the Chinese government would be screaming for an apology by now but there's not a word from them.

Top 15 Most Popular News Websites | February 2020

1 | Yahoo! News. ...

2 | Google News. 35 - eBizMBA Rank | 150,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | *45* - Compete Rank | *25* - Quantcast Rank | N/A - Alexa Rank | Last Updated: February 1, 2020.

3 | HuffingtonPost. ...

4 | CNN. ...

5 | New York Times. ...

6 | Fox News. ...

7 | NBC News. ...

8 | Mail Online.

20 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Don't some Thais eat bats too?

I took this pic near Nakhon Sawan a few years ago. I'm not sure what the sign says in Thai but the pic look like a bat to me.

(Sorry for the poor pic, hard to take when driving over 100 kph...  ???? )

20170513_105854.jpg

Bat.jpg

Yes, they do. 

Bat is eaten all over the world, one of the biggest consumers are Australians who consume about 180,000 bats a year.

Also popular in parts of Indonesia, Thailand, South America, Italy and many other countries.

On 3/30/2020 at 3:36 PM, Snow Leopard said:

The only way to punish China is to kick it in the nuts, financially. Sadly i cannot see this happening.

No one believes what China says. Their economy is teetering on the edge of financial collapse and has been for some time. A swift kick right now would finish them financially and then the ordinary people inside China would do the rest and end the rule of the CCP. 

Had a good smoke ...?

Well, it is probably never a good idea to eat bats, much less a hundred other animals they consume in China. But, we are all assuming the line they fed us about this emanating from a lone guy eating a bat is true. I have doubted that from the beginning. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...