Know anyone that has/had it

dayward1

I'm just curious, does anyone here know anyone that has, had, or has shown symptoms of this flu? Obviously, I don't know millions of people, but I do know a few. Of all the people that I know, and the people that they know, no one has it, or if they have they didn't know it.

My family and I may have had it back in early January. High temps, diarrhea, not able to drink a sip of water without vomiting; all for about 3 days.  

• Like 2

I have long suspected that the annual poleaxing usually associated with the influx of Xmas & NY arrivals from Europe & elsewhere may have done exactly as you have described; furthermore an elderly relative in UK was hospitalized with 'pneumonia' in Jan but I suspect the virus was active there long before they knew it too.

Thankfully my relative made a full recovery and has since turned 90. 

• Like 2

My friend and her son probably had it , but couldn't get tested. This was in UK.

Another friend in UK said 4 of her friends have it (ie . tested as having it). She said only normally tested if you are high risk or hospitalised. In my view you need to do massive testing to control it and also massive antibody testing in anyone recovered / think they have recovered from it. Only then can you control it and get useful data to see how it spreads.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

well according to the TVF armchair epidemiologists there are thousands and thousands of positive cases that haven't been tested yet so someone must know someone who actually has it?

anyone?

Do I know someone who doesn't know they have it?

Like if a tree falls in the forest....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Yes I had it.

Chest X Ray and blood tests came back from BKK positive.

First sign I had, was, that I lost my voice.

This was just after new year and it was not taken that seriously at first.

I recon that I caught the virus either in Dubai, or on the flight back to Phuket, or at the Toyota dealership on Phuket.

Quarantined at home for 28 days. I slept about 16 hours a day.

I have since fully recovered.

I was only tested because I am a very high risk patient, T1 diabetic on insulin, heart attacks and have cancer.

But I fought back with prayer and anti virals.

Were you included in the official confirmed stats?

Our rural village in Isaan: lady comes back from Bangkok, told to stay inside for 14 days. Everybody in the village knew about it. So she walks around, talks to the lottery seller, that has to have dialysis regularly, haven't seen him for a bit, goes to the small daily market at the train station where the vendors wait before taking the train into town. 

Said lady was collected in an ambulance a day later. Seven days later a 70 year old neighbour got ill and tested positive, she used to sit with the lottery seller. In hospital now. Not sure what happened with the train station link, those ladies come from all over the place. Apparently we were sanitised from the air last night, didn't hear it. 

Oh, and wash your hands: no tap water for two days now, great timing. Water tanks empty, reservoir very low.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

I am no doctor, but with such symptoms and duration my first thought would have been gastroenteritis, no?

If no dry cough, loss of sense of smell or tight chest, unlikely to have been Covid-19. Some Covid-19 do have gastric issues but it is not the lead role, so to speak.

15 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

Ok, you get your troll salary or what ever inducement you get for spewing such nonsense.

You give no reference for the government paper in the UK. Not a big surprise. Anyone can say that.

China has simulations of epidemics (not pandemics as if it is only in China it is not a pandemic) all the time.

I have yet to hear about any credible scientist or doctor speak out about what you call "the scam." The only scam I see here is you.

How much troll salary are you giving me?

How do you know it is nonsense if you haven't checked it out? Too lazy perhaps!

Too lazy to research anything or too stupid.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

Ok, you get your troll salary or what ever inducement you get for spewing such nonsense.

You give no reference for the government paper in the UK. Not a big surprise. Anyone can say that.

China has simulations of epidemics (not pandemics as if it is only in China it is not a pandemic) all the time.

I have yet to hear about any credible scientist or doctor speak out about what you call "the scam." The only scam I see here is you.

Here is one link for you.  Now do the rest yourself.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

2 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Yes I had it.

Chest X Ray and blood tests came back from BKK positive.

First sign I had, was, that I lost my voice.

This was just after new year and it was not taken that seriously at first.

I recon that I caught the virus either in Dubai, or on the flight back to Phuket, or at the Toyota dealership on Phuket.

Quarantined at home for 28 days. I slept about 16 hours a day.

I have since fully recovered.

I was only tested because I am a very high risk patient, T1 diabetic on insulin, heart attacks and have cancer.

But I fought back with prayer and anti virals.

What were the anti virals you took?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

well according to the TVF armchair epidemiologists there are thousands and thousands of positive cases that haven't been tested yet so someone must know someone who actually has it?

anyone?

Let me tell you without the slightest bit of aggressiveness that I find "according to the TVF armchair epidemiologists" this irony towards members useless or even inappropriate.
Or rather a little pedantic, but as we do not all have the same sense of humor I do not pretend to be right but as it is a free forum I express it ????