Know anyone that has/had it

dayward1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Some kind of foodpoisening you don't get diahrrea from covid .

source: https://www.businessinsider.com/signs-you-might-have-coronavirus-if-you-have-few-symptoms-2020-3

The range of symptoms are very broad. Including a lot of people who have no symptoms at all.

I'm very curious when a cheap, fast and reliable antibody test will available to test thousands of people if they had contact with that virus or not.

It would be a big game changer, not only for the statistics.
Right now in Spain or Italy mostly ill or dead people are tested. If only the dead and ill people are tested, we never know how many infections are asymptomatic.

How many infections are asymptomatic ? 

Some sources say 30%:

https://www.dw.com/en/up-to-30-of-coronavirus-cases-asymptomatic/a-52900988

But they not tested for antibody but the virus. So if one had the infection 6 weeks ago, without any symptoms, that person would not be included in the 30% asymptomatic.
We need the antibody test to get that number.

Countries like South Korea or Germany have a very low death rate. OK, one reason is the the health system. But both countries do also an awful lot of testing.

Medical personal that already had the infection could work with minimal protection, people that had the infection are presumably not able to infect other with the virus for some time, so could also come in close contact with the most vulnerable groups without the risk to infect those (service , nursing home for the elderly , etc). 

screenshot_3926.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Some kind of foodpoisening you don't get diahrrea from covid .

"Fever, cough and shortness of breath are the common symptoms reported by patients. Chills, body aches, sore throat, runny nose, headache, diarrhea and nausea are also possible, as well as a general sensation of severe illness. In recent days, some doctors have reported seeing COVID-19 patients who had lost their sense of smell."  LA Times https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-25/covid-19-symptoms-how-can-i-tell-if-ive-got-the-coronavirus

Yes, three confirmed but probably four so far. Two in the US and one in in Spain have been tested and diagnosed. Two have had mild symptoms but mom's 70-year-old friend from Connecticut is in the ICU. Also have a friend in Bali who feels almost certain that she had it but has not been tested. She struggled through it for about 10 days at home rather going to hospital and is doing better now. 

• Thanks 1

I know 2 official confirmed cases , 1 non confirmed but doctor/ambulance said she got it ( but no admittance in hospital because too old , cannot help , prob dies anyway ) , 2 more highly likely but only told to self-quarantine . That's in Belgium .

On 3/30/2020 at 2:18 PM, dayward1 said:

does anyone here know anyone that has, had, or has shown symptoms of this flu?

Yes, I had symptoms after I flew to Vietnam in January, and came back with them.

I don't usually catch illness like this, but I guess at 65 I'm not so strong as I used to be.

Slightly strange as mainly blocked my ear tubes off and on for 2 months, serious cough, no fever, just about recovered.

Girlfriend and son caught it off me, traditional symptoms for them, son sweating and aching for 5 days, gf completely incapacitated for 10 days.

They both got over if far quicker than me, but had much more serious (and full) flu symptoms.

Was it COVID?

Who can tell.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

no one in Thailand that I know has it.

i have asked that question many times to everyone I know. 

Same here, I don't know, nor can I find any first hand cases. Only stories of people who know of someone's somebody.

Thanks for all of the replies. For those that are and have been affected My thoughts and sympathies go out to you. 

Let's all just stay in and stay safe. I've posted a few trolling comments lately, but I sincerely hope for and wish the best for everyone. 

Stay safe everyone!

dayward1

A friend - early 50's, in good health, exercises etc - is currently in hospital in Udon with confirmed Covid. He travels a lot and flew into BKK on 12 March. Started feeling unwell around 19 March with cough and a low fever. Seemed okay to start with then a couple of days later he started having breathing difficulties. Luckily he didn't need a ventilator because they didn't have one. Over the worst of it now but still in hospital even though latest test came back negative. Fortunately neither his partner, their two young kids, nor the grandparents have tested positive.

That's my only current direct link. However ...

1. Another friend has a good buddy in Belgium, aged 60 but also in good health. Had what he thought was bad flu for 5 days, then spent next 8 days in ICU. Thankfully back home now.

2. A member of the gym my daughter goes to sometimes in Bangkok was confirmed with Covid beginning of last week.

3. Just today management of my office building advised all tenants that someone working in the building (a high-rise office tower) has tested positive.

Yep

A friend who lives in the UK and works for British Aerospace.

Went to Spain for a meeting (I know) and caught it there.

I found out about it last week.

Emailed him on Saturday and he said he has to self isolate for another week

but was on the mend.

His Thai wife in CM couldn't contact him on Sunday so called his friend and asked

him to go around and check.

Died in Bed Sunday:sad:

Was 66 years old.

• Sad 2

Just found out that a close relative in UK (lady age 72) has been diagnosed with pneumonia, is in ICU now, unconscious, on a ventilator, but has tested negative for WuFlu twice.

Two faulty tests doubtful. People are still getting pneumonia and bad flu which are also deadly, same every year.

Edited by Antonymous

On 3/31/2020 at 10:00 AM, BritManToo said:

Yes, I had symptoms after I flew to Vietnam in January, and came back with them.

I don't usually catch illness like this, but I guess at 65 I'm not so strong as I used to be.

Slightly strange as mainly blocked my ear tubes off and on for 2 months, serious cough, no fever, just about recovered.

Girlfriend and son caught it off me, traditional symptoms for them, son sweating and aching for 5 days, gf completely incapacitated for 10 days.

They both got over if far quicker than me, but had much more serious (and full) flu symptoms.

Was it COVID?

Who can tell.

Blimey, if that’s a symptom, half the Thai women may have it. 

• Haha 1

One more. A Finnish woman I know that got it with certainty from Thailand where she was on vacation until the last flight back from Krabi. Confirmed and at home with the usual symptoms. She's in her late 30's. Started having symptoms on the flight back to Finland.

Edited by DrTuner

On 3/30/2020 at 10:02 PM, Millian said:

The Mrs currently has it.

She felt unwell on Monday 16th, worse on the 17th when the fever came and went for a test on the 18th at Chulalongkorn hospital.

Came home and self isolated till the result came back on afternoon of the 19th. I also stayed away from work on Thursday waiting for the results.

The test was negative.

She stayed indoors the next day or so as was still feeling under the weather. Saturday was complaining her sense of smell had gone, was very lethargic and Feet felt numb.

Then Sunday morning awoke with terrible pains all over, so went back to Chulalongkorn hospital.

Had to be put in a wheel chair as to much effort to walk. Had the chest x-ray and was admitted after having the consultation with the Dr before getting the results of the 2nd covid test as was clearly ill and the chest x-ray showed lung infection.

Monday morning the 2nd test was positive.

Stayed in isolation at the hospital, but not in ICU and not on a ventilator. Although 2nd day another sick lady joined her in the room.

Condition was up and down the next 3 days, but Thursday showed improvement. They did another test, but said she could go home and should isolate for 4 weeks weather this third test is negative or not.

Currently holed up in the bedroom, with me leaving food outside the door. 

Test came back, still positive.

I was originally advised only to get tested if I had symptoms, although on the Monday night was told to get tested on the Tuesday as high risk of infection.

Mine came back negative 24hrs later.

Another person in my Mooban has also tested positive.

At what point can you go back to regular contact with her?

Security guard manager at a club I frequented often had and died from it. I even met him 3 weeks before and spoke a bit with him by coincidence

Somehow I got really sick two weeks after when I met him, before he got sick. I recovered after a week due to antibiotics and  rest but I’ve been home whole time since then just to be safe (over a month now). My gf also had a few symptoms for a few days a week after I got sick but only 2-3 days. 

Also four weeks ago a banker at my girlfriend office build also had it.

this was at end of February, I went hospital and they didn’t want to test me and treated it like a flu + bacterial infection. 

Edited by Drax

Well I don't  know anyone who has had  it but  know many who haven't but for the last month or so Iv'e  had an   off / on dry cough maybe 4-5 single  coughs an hour, occasional slight headache maybe once every 4  days and occasional sore  throat and slight chest tightness, all very slight and no hindrance  just noticeable.

Happened first about a month ago then went after 6-7  days now  have it  back again for about 7-8  days.

Not  in a high burning  area although  they have been burning, don't  drink ; dont  smoke; arent  fat and am working outdoors  daily for 8 hours

I'll  ignore it until I'm dead then report  back in Ivor  Bigguns  thread, do you believe in god and why.