Know anyone that has/had it

dayward1

I have a old friend who has a uncle, his neighbours daughter her husband, works at a office where his manager told him that his wife sister friend, got it. 

That is about how likely it is any of us here knowing someone with corona (global population VS expats in TH / infected people with corona).
And for Thailand, speaking about 65M people we would need 6500 people infected to have 0.01% of the population sick. So right now like 0.0033% and with current death count the chance to die being 0.000033%. Cherry on top: Only 15% of those actually get worse than mild symptoms.

Could argue over the fact much more are infected but not tested, but that actually makes the virus only more innocent in terms of deaths.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Five people in the office next to mine, all in their mid 20s early 30s. All recovered but I ended up having to self isolate as I had lunch with two of them. 

I felt crappy for a few days after but the doctors said it wasn’t Covid (no test). This was about three weeks ago. 

Edited by samran

Heard yesterday that a guy I used to work with has died from CV. Died Friday in a UK hospital. Went down with fever and cough two weeks ago. Seemed to recover after one week but then sudden difficulty breathing. Into hospital, tested positive. Ventilated but lungs filled up and he died. Very fit and healthy 66 year old with no pre-existing conditions.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 12:32 PM, thrilled said:

I’m in the U.S. 1 in my county. Don’t know who. Deaths in the U.S. and in thailand are low compared to the cases. Ran Paul and I agree it is way over blown.

If I lived where you live maybe I might feel the same way.  But I don't live there.  I live in King County which includes Seattle and Kirkland in the state of Washington, USA.  This is where it started in the US.  I live 5km from the nursing home where it really took off.  It's a whole different game here.  Most businesses are closed.  Unfortunately I work in an industry that cannot be shut down.  We are open 24/7/365.  As of yesterday at 3:35pm we currently have 2,865 confirmed cases of positive tests for the coronavirus.  In addition, we have 200 deaths.  This is just for one county in the state of Washington.  Obviously those numbers will go up.  At my place of employment we have three people that have tested positive and about five that tested negative.  We are waiting on one who got tested yesterday as his live in GF has tested positive.  He is only 23 and his GF is about the same age.  It's very different in many places across the USA.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 2:32 AM, thrilled said:

I’m in the U.S. 1 in my county. Don’t know who. Deaths in the U.S. and in thailand are low compared to the cases. Ran Paul and I agree it is way over blown.

7,020 today in the USA, believe there were more than 1 last Wednesday

During the drug war in 2003 there were lots of rumors of people hearing gun shorts at night, a friend's brother being killed etc. I'm not hearing any of these rumors now. How about all the Muay Thai gyms? I'm not hearing of them being infected, only the people at the stadium itself.

It is now more than two weeks since the Bangkok exodus. If it was spreading fast people in the provinces would be seeing cases. I haven't heard of any cases from the Bkk or the 'Little Ghosts' from Korea.

Does anyone know of transmission occurring outside in an open environment here? I still reckon the weather is holding it back, because surely it's not the govt.

19 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I have a old friend who has a uncle, his neighbours daughter her husband, works at a office where his manager told him that his wife sister friend, got it. 

That is about how likely it is any of us here knowing someone with corona (global population VS expats in TH / infected people with corona).
And for Thailand, speaking about 65M people we would need 6500 people infected to have 0.01% of the population sick. So right now like 0.0033% and with current death count the chance to die being 0.000033%. Cherry on top: Only 15% of those actually get worse than mild symptoms.

Could argue over the fact much more are infected but not tested, but that actually makes the virus only more innocent in terms of deaths.

Today's current numbers from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/. They're also backed up with the reporting on this CNA Singapore site: https://infographics.channelnewsasia.com/covid-19/map.html.   I'm not sure how you arrived at that math, but facts are facts. From one who's had it and did manage to survive....just. Cheers. ????

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 7.17.05 PM.png

1 hour ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

Today's current numbers from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/. They're also backed up with the reporting on this CNA Singapore site: https://infographics.channelnewsasia.com/covid-19/map.html.   I'm not sure how you arrived at that math, but facts are facts. From one who's had it and did manage to survive....just. Cheers. ????

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 7.17.05 PM.png

That 25071 is not the number of tested, it is the number of PUI from MoPH reports. The number of tested is less than that.

Using intermediary aggregate sites as data sources only introduces more errors. Here is the root source: https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/index.php

And that root source deleted the numbers for pending tests, also from earlier reports where they were. 

Edited by DrTuner

bad news!  girlfriend just got off the phone with her niece in samut prakan.  niece's friend's father went to the hospital last week with a cough, was given cough medicine and sent home.  they say he tested negative.  cough got worse, he returned and tested positive, died a day or so later.  they don't know where he contacted it from.

and now four other members of his household he infected have died.  the rest of the family tested negative but are currently under quarantine in their home.  the niece is providing food, sending packages over the gate with a long stick.

the neighbors on both sides ran away.  don't know whether they have been tested.

• Sad 1

In Chumphon it is reported that a 65 year old woman has it. She was in the hospital for several days with a fever. She wasn't tested and then sent home. Then she went back to hospital and was tested positive. It is thought she was exposed to many people during this time. 

I saw the history of a woman in an office down the road who tested positive. She'd been on a trip to Korea and when she came back was in work and on the BTS, in restaurants etc. She had symptoms for days before she actually got tested.

1 hour ago, HauptmannUK said:

The majority of the deaths in Europe have been in over-60s with severe co-morbidities.  70% were overweight or obese.  I suspect there are relatively fewer Thais with this profile since they would have died already from other causes.

Undiagnosed high blood pressure is rampant. My MIL had BP in the 150's before she got diagnosed, her sister literally dropped dead in the middle of a sentence, apparently due to a stroke because of long running, undiagnosed hypertension. It's likely because of all the sodium in the fish sauces and MSG.

https://www.who.int/thailand/activities/supporting-who-rtg-ccs-ith/reducing-cardiovascular-disease

Hypertension (HTN) is highly prevalent in Thailand. According to the National Health Examination Survey conducted in 2015, one out of four Thais had HTN but less than one out of three had their blood pressure under control. Additionally, almost half of adult Thais with HTN were not even aware that they had high blood pressure.

Edited by DrTuner