90 Day report today (March 30th) at Jomtien Immigration

Keep in mind that it is usually a lot busier on Monday mornings (like yesterday) than on other mornings. I've seen lines like that before, long before "covid".

In one case, I arrived around 7:20 on a Monday morning and there were already half a dozen or so people ahead of me.
At that time they didn't start letting people in the door until 8am sharp. When the door opened I noted that the line-up had extended out of the parking lot and when I left (around 08:35 I think it was) the inside of the building was full of people and the line outside extended out into the street as well. That was a couple years ago.

Since then I try to avoid going there on Mondays. Or Fridays. Or the day immediately before or after a holiday. Especially after. I remember one case where I needed to do a 90 day report which was due on a Sunday. However, that weekend was a long weekend (Fri-Sun) and there was another holiday on the Tuesday so Immigration decided to close on the Monday as well.
As a result, on Wednesday morning the line up was frikken huge ! So glad I got there really early (like, just after 7, armed with a book I had just started and prepared for a long wait).
Since then I plan out my trips well in advance and watch for various holidays on the (Thai) calendar.

Also, it seems to be pretty constant that the line up dies around 10-10:30. Big rush early in the morning and after that it's a steady "drizzle" of people but normally the lines are smaller and the wait times shorter. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, johng said:

I"ve never seen a queue that long at Jomtien before...thats insane and what about "social distancing"  ?

The queue looks bigger because it now starts at the front gate, previously the queue started at the door to the immigration building. People used to queue in the car-park, they now queue on the street until the gate is opened.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The queue looks bigger because it now starts at the front gate, previously the queue started at the door to the immigration building. People used to queue in the car-park, they now queue on the street until the gate is opened.

Yes I have often seen queues from the building entrance to the car park gate. Had a few days like that when the Embassy letters were withdrawn... and people were packing more closely together back then. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sharecropper said:

This was the scene down there around 8am this morning....

43425.jpg

What a nightmare, I think for the sake of 500 baht it has to be worth investing in an agent to do the reporting for you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, vogie said:

What a nightmare, I think for the sake of 500 baht it has to be worth investing in an agent to do the reporting for you.

Last week I had to go for extension retirement visa and someone dutch men on thaiblog told me by mail he knew a thai lady who had very good connections with immigration office and would do this for me easely.So I gave him my email address.He gave me a phone nr and my wife called her,and told het what must be done, she didn't know the price and told my wife she would call back one day later, what she did, but she told my wife it will cost 27.000 baht, and my wife put her on speaker so I could hear she and asked again, yes, song moon chet.I mailed the dutch men again for tell him thanks , but no thanks,never heard him again.55

9 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Without all this paper rubbish there would be no tents, no queue numbering, no 30-minutes waiting and the immigration could go after the real work - me thinks! 

Maybe also if you live in another province ....:thumbsup:

I just made this morning my 90 days report to the IO of Sakon Nakhon;
  in a minute it was done! between the moment I entered (without any tail, of course) and the one where I left it;

while having had time to chat a little bit with one of the officers present since we cycle together occasionaly