Khor Ror 2

Hi all

i recently arrived in Thailand with a non immigration o visa. Last week I went to Jomtien immigration to apply for a visa extension based on being married to a Thai, they gave me a T.M. 7 form and nothing else. Today we returned to the immigration office with completed TM7 and all the relevant supporting documents according to all the info I could find on line. After queuing for nearly 2 hours before finally getting my documents checked, only to be given a letter showing what documents where actually needed and guess what some of those we didn’t have, we then drove to the office where we were to obtain a Khor Ror 2 only to find all offices are closed due the COVID-19 virus.

So I’m stuck and have no idea where to go for further info on how to more forward, apart from returning to the immigration office and queuing for another 2 hours to ask.

Any advise or contact details for immigration would be great fully received.

Steve

You could try at Banglamung or Sriracha or Pattaya City hall.

If completely closed it must be a temporary measure. Others reported have been only doing birth and death certificates.

Edit: Or one near you in Rayong province. Perhaps Ban Chang would be one to try.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You could try at Banglamung or Sriracha or Pattaya City hall.

If completely closed it must be a temporary measure. Others reported have been only doing birth and death certificates.

Edit: Or one near you in Rayong province. Perhaps Ban Chang would be one to try.

Thanks, I will try some other offices, assuming I can find the addresses, I’m sure google can help.

1 hour ago, Next4467 said:

Thanks, I will try some other offices, assuming I can find the addresses, I’m sure google can help.

the ban chang amphur is on sukhumvit, on the way to rayong after ban chang - https://bit.ly/2vZidI1

have you done a 60 day wife extension

Edited by steve187

1 hour ago, Next4467 said:

Their website is showing the same message that they are closed due to the covid-19 virus. 

I haven't done any extensions yet this is my first attempt.

Would they require the same document if you would it extend it for 60 days for visiting your wife instead of the yearly extension?

24 minutes ago, time2093 said:

Would they require the same document if you would it extend it for 60 days for visiting your wife instead of the yearly extension?

it is not a written requirement for the 60 day extension but a few offices want a Kor Ror 2.

This week my wife and I went to our local Amphur in Singha Nakhon for a Kor Ror 2 in anticipation of Hat Yai Immigration requiring it for a sixty day extension. They refused because I did not have our original marriage certificate (1980). They would not accept copy translated into Thai and legalised  at the British Embassy and Thai government office in 2000. What chance at Hat Yai Immigration tomorrow? My guess NONE!

10 hours ago, Sprog71 said:

This week my wife and I went to our local Amphur in Singha Nakhon for a Kor Ror 2 in anticipation of Hat Yai Immigration requiring it for a sixty day extension. They refused because I did not have our original marriage certificate (1980). They would not accept copy translated into Thai and legalised  at the British Embassy and Thai government office in 2000. What chance at Hat Yai Immigration tomorrow? My guess NONE!

It appears you not  did get married here in Thailand. Did you register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe. If you did then you would get a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry.

Normally a Kor Ror 2 or 22 is not required for a 60 day extension.

Not having the original marriage certificate may be a problem. Immigration does not require a translated copy of it if it is in English.

In days of Old no English document was accepted in Thailand unless officially translated.

Married in UK. Translated English to Thai. I do not travel to Thailand with my original UK marriage license. I am here on a single entry O based on Uk Pension. I did not anticipate requiring an extension but my return flight is cancelled. My wife's blue book, Thai ID card and Thai passport  are all in her married name and obtained/registered at the local Amphur. Where else in the world do you have to prove you are not divorced when

she is standing next to you! The local Amphur would only know if we where divorced if one of us reported to them.

10 minutes ago, Sprog71 said:

Married in UK. Translated English to Thai.

If your UK marriage was registered in Thailand a Kor Ror 2 or 22 can be obtained from ANY Amphoe by your wife presenting her ID card - cost is 20 Baht. 

8 hours ago, Sprog71 said:

Thank you for that Mr Smithy. My wife must have encountered a Miss Stupid at the desk who didn't know what a Kor Ror 2 is. Back there tomorrow.

The problem is not with the Amphoe. They cannot print out a copy of something that never existed.

Unless you registered you non Thai marriage at an Amphoe they will not be able to issue a Kor Ror 22. 

You will not be able to anything without at least a copy of your UK marriage certificate at immigration. A certified translation of it it will not be enough anywhere.

The most you can get now is a 30 day extension with a letter from the UK embassy.

Thanks Ubonjoe.

Our marriage must be registered at the local Amphoe, how else is her ID card been changed to her married name. My wife was never even asked for her ID on this weeks visit. Her name change would have been done Pre-computer days so that might be another story.

I am going to Hat Yai immigration this morning to see them. They will have a field day with me as the IO in BKK did not return The TM6. If busy I will not even enter. At 82 years I do not care if I never return to this Thailand.

6 minutes ago, Sprog71 said:

Our marriage must be registered at the local Amphoe, how else is her ID card been changed to her married name.

A name change can be done without being married.

If you marriage was registered at an Amphoe they can pull up her records by entering her ID number and would be able to see if it was done. It is possible if the marriage was registered the Kor Ror 22 might not be available for print out. It would have to found in the files at the Amphoe where the registration was done.

Update.

8am Wife went to local Amphoe (Couldn't stop her after she read Mr Smithy's post).

8.30 Open and first in line.

8.35 Has Kor Ror 2 in duplicate. 

9.00 Took cat for annual jabs

10.30 Hat Immigration. Passport demanded on entrance steps. 

First Punt. "Why you here you have 90 days left"  Eh NO. "your looking at last years stamp"

Second Punt "He on overstay" to my wife.  Eh NO.

Third Punt "You show me stamp" handing back passport to wife, I'm forgotten.

At that point given number 87 and told to wait in tent on roadway (overflowing, no seats, noted 2 other farangs). Wife objected and told her we only want to know which visa available. 

11am Two very young clerks came to see us in our tent with standing room only. First offer was 7 days extension at B 1760 or thereabouts. Second offer on questioning was 30 days with Embassy letter. Sorry Ubonjoe, I did ask about 60 days visit wife with no original marriage certificate. No answers!!!

12 noon Hat Yai Airport to cancel Sundays flights to BKK. Have been trying for 3 days on the phone.

12.30 Lunch with wife at deserted airport on separate tables.

1.pm Panic drive by our driver to panic buy 60 days of wine before 2pm at Songkhla Tesco.

MADE IT!!!!

• Like 1