Thai Airways may cut some plane types for good after grounding jets

webfact

Judging by Thai Int thinking if they think October will be a smooth start think again,  I'm afraid the start - up will be a rough one and it wont be October unless Thai Int is looking at 2021, you just can't run everywhere like before , what's the sense in bringing in people from a country that still has Coronavirus present. The virus hasn't even started in Sth East Asia yet so hold on. 

How is the outbreak affecting the private jet terminal at Don Mueang? This is usually one of the busiest private plane hubs in the world and I wondered if the one percenters are being subjected to the same restrictions as the cattle class.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

From what i read and if you consider the economic environment, this global recession will ultimately affect millions of workers worldwide who will lose there jobs.

Airline stewards 

Airline pilots

Hotel staff

Hospitality staff

Retail staff

Entertainment industry

Construction industry

Factory workers

Oil workers

Telecom workers

and many more ....

I believe anyone working in food production or healthcare will be the beneficiaries of this global downturn.

The COVID 19 virus may well recover within the coming 3-6 months,  however the fallout from it's economic effects will take years, possibly 2-4 years imo.

Not millions, I would say billions will be affected worldwide.

3-6 months to recover might be too little. We havent even got close to the top of the bell curve yet. still accelerating.

When we stop acceleration and then we can the flat top of the bell curve distribution, then we can probably pick a date for recovery, until then, things will only get worse.

Economic impact will last at least 5 years. if not 10...

• Like 2

They should just shutter completely, it’s not worth saving and will never turn a profit being run by the country. Let private enterprise run the airlines. Thai Airways is simply a bloated cash sucking machine that is abused by the elite and their pals and the staff itself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

They should just shutter completely, it’s not worth saving and will never turn a profit being run by the country. Let private enterprise run the airlines. Thai Airways is simply a bloated cash sucking machine that is abused by the elite and their pals and the staff itself. 

Which is exactly the reason why it will never be shuttered. 

That and face saving.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 8:56 PM, scorecard said:

Pick a plan, they must have developed at least 100 plans in the last few years.

And there has been some attempt to implement a few of the plans, but most of these went off the track / off the planned targets fairly quickly for many reasons, one high impact reason being lack of cooperation / refusal to cooperate. 

Totally real and valuable achievements = nil. 

On 3/30/2020 at 3:44 PM, Wiggy said:

The loss of face would be too big IMHO. Rarely does a government allow a flag carrier to fail. But it would be a good time for a complete overhaul. 

A list of defunct airlines worldwide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_airlines

IMHO the government has 3 options.

1   Write off the debt, employ proper western airline managers to run the airline but give them a completely free hand to do so.

2   Sell the airline to the highest bidder completely free of all debt and commitments leaving the new owners a completely free hand. This is assuming that anybody is stupid enough to buy it.

3   Fire all the board and put a new one in full of family and cronies with no idea of what they are doing and carry on as before.

I think that #3 will be the choice that this government will take.