BANGKOK
Golden Triangle

To go or not to go, to a restaurant ?

Best to use takeaway from a restaurant. Reckless to go to a restaurant that is busy inside

• Like 2

All Pattaya Restaurants to close for Dine-ins from tomorrow.

Only takeaway allowed.

Rumour of an alcohol sale ban also.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's against social distancing to meet friends for ANYTHING including going to restaurants.

If it's the people in your family group or living in the same place already, then that's different.

Pattaya restaurants those that are open are now required to social distance even within the same table. 

Getting to the restaurant depending on your mode of transport is an issue if it's public transport.

My take is reducing all risk is impossible but if you happen to be going out for a needed excursion (food shopping, pharmacy, etc.) that it wouldn't be so bad to stop at a restaurant that is complying with the new rules.

Clean your hands before and after the visit. Don't touch your face. Bon Appetit. 

Also keep in mind its all a bunch of nonsense....Bon Appetit

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Also keep in mind its all a bunch of nonsense....Bon Appetit

I don't think public health measures to slow down the spread of this virus are nonsense. Not only social distancing of course. Mass testing, contact tracing, isolations when needed, and yes shutting most things down. It would probably be a good idea to shut down all the in house restaurant eating too but as long as it isn't and you're out anyway doing something essential, it doesn't seem that bad. I think plenty of people though will be using them as usual, making special trips to them, socializing there, so that would be a good reason to totally shut them down. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think public health measures to slow down the spread of this virus are nonsense. Not only social distancing of course. Mass testing, contact tracing, isolations when needed, and yes shutting most things down. It would probably be a good idea to shut down all the in house restaurant eating too but as long as it isn't and you're out anyway doing something essential, it doesn't seem that bad. I think plenty of people though will be using them as usual, making special trips to them, socializing there, so that would be a good reason to totally shut them down. 

We I am just going to enjoy my life on a flat earth and try and not worry about things to much....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Nicky's on Soi Buakhao closed at 5pm on Sunday and will now remain closed for at least the next two weeks. I suspect longer, at least throughout April. I live close by and used to eat there regularly.

For the expats in Central Pattaya and those stuck here currently, what eateries can you obtain food at? .. and what other farang restaurant closures have there been?

I know I could go out for a walk and find out for myself, but that's potentially a lot of streets to cover. A few kind words and updates from those here on the ground could save many trips out of confinement and keep unnecessary foot traffic down around town. Remember, not everyone has a vehicle.

p.s.  If it's open for eating in I think I'd still rather take away.

Edited by roger buttmore
  • Like 1

A fair few restaurants within 5 minutes walk from me were open today, one still is.

Did not go to any.

One has a sign, ready for tomorrow, take out/delivery only.

Fair enough.

I think there will be a couple that will still do dine in.

Could be wrong.

Prefer eat at home for now.

• Like 1

GO!