To go or not to go, to a restaurant ?

Golden Triangle

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think public health measures to slow down the spread of this virus are nonsense. Not only social distancing of course. Mass testing, contact tracing, isolations when needed, and yes shutting most things down. It would probably be a good idea to shut down all the in house restaurant eating too but as long as it isn't and you're out anyway doing something essential, it doesn't seem that bad. I think plenty of people though will be using them as usual, making special trips to them, socializing there, so that would be a good reason to totally shut them down. 

No. Contact tracing and mass testing makes alot of sense. Some sensible nations like Sweden are NOT locking down the country or the economy. That is beyond inane and the only people who do not think so are those with cushy pensions or the wealthy. 

People are getting absolutely crushed. This is beyond ridiculous. This is over reaction to a stunning degree. Society is in a panic. Take a deep breath. 9 deaths nationwide? One would think we are living through the virus of 1918. Bizarre behavior. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

Until a vaccine is found and more importantly available to the general public.

You won't be sitting in a restaurant for 12 to 18 months. 

This virus is now in circulation so take your pick.

You silly billy, Willy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. Contact tracing and mass testing makes alot of sense. Some sensible nations like Sweden are NOT locking down the country or the economy. That is beyond inane and the only people who do not think so are those with cushy pensions or the wealthy. 

People are getting absolutely crushed. This is beyond ridiculous. This is over reaction to a stunning degree. Society is in a panic. Take a deep breath. 9 deaths nationwide? One would think we are living through the virus of 1918. Bizarre behavior. 

What is bizarre is believing there are only 9 deaths.

18 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

What is bizarre is believing there are only 9 deaths.

How many are there?

It seems lots of people think the official numbers in Thailand are incorrect.

I don't know if they are correct.

But recently I visited a medium priced hospital (mostly Thai patients) and there were very few people in there. If the crisis would be bad then I would think the hospitals should be full. As far as I know they are not.

So what are the correct numbers supposed to be?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Slowly countries are waking up to what their government has done, a catastrophe. I'm glad Sweden had the balls to not follow the other countries

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

And your reason for that view ? 

2 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Just don't do it. Stay at home unless absolutely essential .

Rules changed today (for Chonburi province) so the question should now be irrelevant anyhow

20 hours ago, fforest1 said:

We I am just going to enjoy my life on a flat earth and try and not worry about things to much....

So happy to read that we still have people willing to enter the Darwin Awards.

Continue with this training regime and I’m sure you will be one of the top winners for 2020. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I noticed a little earlier the City Hall Special Affairs pick up outside Hungry Hippo, i wonder whether they were just advising on new rules or something worse

Picking up an order? 100 helpings of pie and chips. With gravy, obviously.

Out to buy takeout tonight in quiet area of Phuket.

sat 16 Euro falangs without masks despite it being ordered that when going out everyone wear a mask.

oh they appeared to be Russian by the way as I heard them talking.

so much fur caring about anyone but yourself!

No big surprise given what I’ve witnessed in 63 years of living on this planet.

What was sad, really sad was there were small children in these groups of people without masks, 2 small babies of maybe 2 years old as well. What great parents !

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Slowly countries are waking up to what their government has done, a catastrophe. I'm glad Sweden had the balls to not follow the other countries

Follow Sweeden closely, and you will see the panic grow 35 - 40 times only today as we speak. Yesterday it was 36, and the number growing every day now, and will continue until they do something about it. 

Come on Scuba!!!! With respect...

849 deaths “ONLY TODAY” in Spain. 10.000 deaths in Italy.... and you ask for dinner in a restaurant of a country who don’t know how many infected... How control the issue How to manage the problem?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Follow Sweeden closely, and you will see the panic grow 35 - 40 times only today as we speak. Yesterday it was 36, and the number growing every day now, and will continue until they do something about it. 

i hope they hold their nerve and stick to only social distancing and isolation for at risk groups and those with the virus

2 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Come on Scuba!!!! With respect...

849 deaths “ONLY TODAY” in Spain. 10.000 deaths in Italy.... and you ask for dinner in a restaurant of a country who don’t know how many infected... How control the issue How to manage the problem?

it's too late but killing companies kills jobs, kills people. The catastrophe around the world is only just unfolding and I'm not talking about the virus

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i hope they hold their nerve and stick to only social distancing and isolation for at risk groups and those with the virus

'They are leading us to catastrophe': Sweden's coronavirus stoicism begins to jar

There’s a surreal calm in the last country in Europe to hold out against lockdown. But the death toll is rising and some are voicing dissent«

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/catastrophe-sweden-coronavirus-stoicism-lockdown-europe

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Out to buy takeout tonight in quiet area of Phuket.

sat 16 Euro falangs without masks despite it being ordered that when going out everyone wear a mask.

oh they appeared to be Russian by the way as I heard them talking.

so much fur caring about anyone but yourself!

No big surprise given what I’ve witnessed in 63 years of living on this planet.

What was sad, really sad was there were small children in these groups of people without masks, 2 small babies of maybe 2 years old as well. What great parents !

Very typical  of these arrogant ignorant people.

I see similar at cosy beach.

Its just unbelieveable...