BANGKOK
Golden Triangle

To go or not to go, to a restaurant ?

I prefer the takeaway. Same food, and I can give it an extra belting in the microwave in case Somchai sneezed in the kitchen. Also, I'm not waiting for check bin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Selfish, you should worry about others, if no need to worry about yourself. 

Well I do worry about your blood pressure level....lol

• Sad 1

I noticed a little earlier the City Hall Special Affairs pick up outside Hungry Hippo, i wonder whether they were just advising on new rules or something worse

Troll post and reply removed:

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think public health measures to slow down the spread of this virus are nonsense. Not only social distancing of course. Mass testing, contact tracing, isolations when needed, and yes shutting most things down. It would probably be a good idea to shut down all the in house restaurant eating too but as long as it isn't and you're out anyway doing something essential, it doesn't seem that bad. I think plenty of people though will be using them as usual, making special trips to them, socializing there, so that would be a good reason to totally shut them down. 

No. Contact tracing and mass testing makes alot of sense. Some sensible nations like Sweden are NOT locking down the country or the economy. That is beyond inane and the only people who do not think so are those with cushy pensions or the wealthy. 

People are getting absolutely crushed. This is beyond ridiculous. This is over reaction to a stunning degree. Society is in a panic. Take a deep breath. 9 deaths nationwide? One would think we are living through the virus of 1918. Bizarre behavior. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

Until a vaccine is found and more importantly available to the general public.

You won't be sitting in a restaurant for 12 to 18 months. 

This virus is now in circulation so take your pick.

You silly billy, Willy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. Contact tracing and mass testing makes alot of sense. Some sensible nations like Sweden are NOT locking down the country or the economy. That is beyond inane and the only people who do not think so are those with cushy pensions or the wealthy. 

People are getting absolutely crushed. This is beyond ridiculous. This is over reaction to a stunning degree. Society is in a panic. Take a deep breath. 9 deaths nationwide? One would think we are living through the virus of 1918. Bizarre behavior. 

What is bizarre is believing there are only 9 deaths.

I still go to a hotel restaurant in Bangkok.

They have very few guests and only a la carte. 

Everybody wears a mask and everything is cleaned all the time. I don't see the problem.

I wouldn't go to any crowded place.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

What is bizarre is believing there are only 9 deaths.

How many are there?

It seems lots of people think the official numbers in Thailand are incorrect.

I don't know if they are correct.

But recently I visited a medium priced hospital (mostly Thai patients) and there were very few people in there. If the crisis would be bad then I would think the hospitals should be full. As far as I know they are not.

So what are the correct numbers supposed to be?

• Like 1