Getting the Covid extension at CM, report from 30.03.

If you copy the TM7 it means the photograph will be a copy too.

Do you have any idea if they only need one actual photo (plus one copy), or if they want a fresh photo on each copy of the document?

Cheers

5 minutes ago, finy said:

If you copy the TM7 it means the photograph will be a copy too.

Do you have any idea if they only need one actual photo (plus one copy), or if they want a fresh photo on each copy of the document?

Cheers

I had only one photograph glued on the original TM7, the copied TM7 did just have the black and white copy of my photograph, that was sufficient.

But i would recommend to always carry a backup photograph, just because you never know 100% what will be required when you go to get your extension and it would suck to be turned away for a missing photograph.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I had only one photograph glued on the original TM7, the copied TM7 did just have the black and white copy of my photograph, that was sufficient.

But i would recommend to always carry a backup photograph, just because you never know 100% what will be required when you go to get your extension and it would suck to be turned away for a missing photograph.

True always think ahead and take more than you need just incase.

• Like 1

Make sure you only attend the "Covid 19" queue if you had a regular tourist extension already. Today there were people who waited three hours in the queue, to then only be told that they didn't have a regular tourist extension yet, so they are wrong and have to go to the other queue/counter.

Are you  on a SETV/METV? Why did you need an embassy letter when about a week ago UbonJoe posted a thread with a directive from Immigration that there's NO NEED for embassy letters for a 2nd 30 day extension of a tourist visa? Was the embassy letter stating your name specifically or a general letter?

Aussie embassy refuses to give letters for people here on tourist visas, or so I believe as they said they only do it for
"long stay visas". This is absolute BS if embassy letters are needed by immigration!

Edited by bbi1

12 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Are you  on a SETV/METV? Why did you need an embassy letter when about a week ago UbonJoe posted a thread with a directive from Immigration that there's NO NEED for embassy letters for a 2nd 30 day extension of a tourist visa? Was the embassy letter stating your name specifically or a general letter?

Aussie embassy refuses to give letters for people here on tourist visas, or so I believe as they said they only do it for
"long stay visas". This is absolute BS if embassy letters are needed by immigration!

Im on TR and i was required for an embassy letter for my 2nd extension. 

People should read more about real experiences in IO. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

They are required. Early on ubon that police order did not require embassy letter.

Fact is all offices do. Some even have some ridiculous "extras" such as bring landlord along with you. Think Trad and Hua Hin to name a couple.

Im just surprised about the fact that you can apply for 3rd extension when you go pick up the remaining days on your 2nd. I went on friday, i got the remaining days, but they didnt say a word about I could come back.

Edited by ANDREW999

11 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Are you  on a SETV/METV?

Visa exempt, so same category, "tourist entry"

12 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Why did you need an embassy letter when about a week ago UbonJoe posted a thread with a directive from Immigration that there's NO NEED for embassy letters for a 2nd 30 day extension of a tourist visa?

The memo was misinterpreted, this was not an order, but a suggestion on what to do. In theory immigration could issue extensions without an embassy letter (for any kind of visa), but i've not heard of a single case where they did it.

16 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Was the embassy letter stating your name specifically or a general letter?

It has my name and passport number on it.

OP, Thanks for clear report. Especially interested in ability to apply for 3rd extension with new embassy letter at same time of stamp for last days "under consideration" visit. Think BritTim suggested possibility in another thread.

One win for the underdog

• Like 1

Is anyone sure we can't use the same embassy letter every month until the crisis is over?

It seems strange that we would have to annoy our embassies every single month.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

Visa exempt, so same category, "tourist entry"

The memo was misinterpreted, this was not an order, but a suggestion on what to do. In theory immigration could issue extensions without an embassy letter (for any kind of visa), but i've not heard of a single case where they did it.

It has my name and passport number on it.

Which country's embassy are you using? The Aussie embassy as basically said "fuk you" to their citizens who are on SETV/METV or visa exempt and only issues them to "long stay" visas.

Edited by bbi1

17 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Which country's embassy are you using? The Aussie embassy as basically said "fuk you" to their citizens who are on SETV/METV or visa exempt and only issues them to "long stay" visas.

German, but this information won't help you.

I think most embassies are issuing these letters for all their citizens. If Australia doesn't do this, then it obviously sucks.

Have you tried to just request such a letter? Maybe their official stance is that they won't issue it, but if you give them a good reason there could be a small chance that they still issue you one.

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

German, but this information won't help you.

I think most embassies are issuing these letters for all their citizens. If Australia doesn't do this, then it obviously sucks.

Have you tried to just request such a letter? Maybe their official stance is that they won't issue it, but if you give them a good reason there could be a small chance that they still issue you one.

Not yet. I've still got a month left before a 30 day extension of my 30 day extension is needed.

14 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Not yet. I've still got a month left before a 30 day extension of my 30 day extension is needed.

You may not need to worry about the 2nd extension. In a news article I read online early this morning immigration intends to do automatic 30 day extensions for those that applied for one after March 26th.

Does that date include March 26th?

When someone says something like that in writing it usually states something like 'from March 26th onwards'.

I've seen the government do it a few times and can't work out if it included 26th or means 27th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, finy said:

Or thereafter is what it says but that only in news article at this time. We will have to wait for the official announcement to be done to know what it really is.

• Like 1

When things started to break down I contacted my embassy really early because I was unsure of how long the mentioned letter would take to produce. I got the letter just 2 days after my regular and legit extension of my SETV. 

I need to do the COVID-19 extension mid-april which means my embassy letter is ~30 days old. Would that be in my disadvantage? That perhaps "you should have went home when u had the chance" or "can not be this old". What do you guys think? 

Does "Automatic" mean that tourists won't have to do anything to get the extension?  Or will they "Automatically" give the extension when you apply for it with all the appropriate paperwork.

If I was a betting man, I know which one I would put my money on.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, finy said:

When someone says something like that in writing it usually states something like 'from March 26th onwards'.

I've seen the government do it a few times and can't work out if it included 26th or means 27th.

I didn't see the Thai original, but i think something was lost in translation. This is just my personal opinion, i guess the actual wording is somehow like this:

Foreigners who entered Thailand as tourists and who had been granted permission to stay in the Kingdom until at least 26th March (this is the day the emergency decree was enacted), will receive automatic 30 day extensions until the situation is resolved.

Edited by jackdd

44 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Does "Automatic" mean that tourists won't have to do anything to get the extension?  Or will they "Automatically" give the extension when you apply for it with all the appropriate paperwork.

It states that people will not need to go to immigration in the article.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

I didn't see the Thai original, but i think something was lost in translation. This is just my personal opinion, i guess the actual wording is somehow like this:

It is only a news article. Nothing official from immigration. No need to think about it being lost in translation.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is only a news article. Nothing official from immigration. No need to think about it being lost in translation.

According to the article this information comes from the immigration police chief, he probably held a press conference, so this is quite official. But the press conference was most likely in Thai, so when the author of the article translated in into English some details might have gone missing.

27 minutes ago, jackdd said:

According to the article this information comes from the immigration police chief, he probably held a press conference, so this is quite official.

It is not official until it is issued as a order on paper.

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

it would suck to be turned away for a missing photograph.

I feel like I've hit the lottery every time I leave immigration and had everything that wanted. Despite trying to keep up to date here and on other farang sites, I'm always missing something. I think they just make it up whenever they feel like it.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They may announce it as soon as tomorrow. It will allow 1) PR holders who are outside Thailand to stay more than one year outside Thailand without losing their status 2) Tourists to get automatic extension 3) Visitors pass holders from neighboring countries to remain as long as the borders are closed. No concessions for others like retirment extensions etc.