Krabi Immi now only giving 15 day third extensions

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Word of warning. Only Oz citizens and residents and married to oz citizens can enter AU currently. Also just been announced that when you arrive you are put in designated hotels and remain for 14 days (at your own cost including food). No more self isolation at own home. 

Also maximum gathering of 2. (not a typo. Yes two). That includes in own home. Family members exempt.

So Australia would be last place I would be going. 

Tell your mates to find good spot in Thailand and try chill. 

Oz gov is footing the hotel bills for the 14 days  and it includes full monitoring by health related staff re your status,so not all bad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I suspect it means parents, spouses and their children. That is the typical definition for it.

So not siblings?  I'd have thought they would be included.

Whatever, they will need to contact the Australian embassy to get definitive information, should they decide to go that route.

1 minute ago, Mister Fixit said:

Good to know.  See my earlier post though, which IATA says 'immediate family members' can enter Australia.  i am not sure if a brother is classed as an immediate family member or not. 

The 14 days in hotel I mentioned is ~$2500aud. 

IMHO they should stay in Thailand. In couple of months hopefully travel restrictions will ease. Vietnam great option if and when it opens up.  Australia has many other strict measures currently. Vicious fines for breaking the covid rules relating to gatherings, curfew, social distancing. etc. The states have closed their borders also.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The 14 days in hotel I mentioned is ~$2500aud. 

IMHO they should stay in Thailand. In couple of months hopefully travel restrictions will ease. Vietnam great option if and when it opens up.  Australia has many other strict measures currently. Vicious fines for breaking the covid rules relating to gatherings, curfew, social distancing. etc. The states have closed their borders also.

Yes, I think their general plan - see my comment no. 31 above

16 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Oz gov is footing the hotel bills for the 14 days  and it includes full monitoring by health related staff re your status,so not all bad.

That must be the federal government. Missed that. The state leaders ie NT leader announced the individuals isolated in hotels will cover costs. Also the costs were "up to 2500aud". In any event don't go to Oz.

Edited by DrJack54

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That must be the federal government. Missed that. The state leaders ie NT leader announced the individuals isolated in hotels will cover costs. In any event don't go to Oz.

Interstate movement require 14 days too, your right, so no interstate travel probable and the NT has banned any entry at all.Many isolated communities inside some states are also banning entry. Can only hope it’s worth it as the economy is  being roo Ted !

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes they are, just seen news of a flight landing in UK from Peru. Doesn't help them but hopefully Thailand will get some UK Government flights. Have they registered yet? https://www.thetimes.co.uk/

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/75m-airlift-for-britons-stranded-on-holiday-xncmjskgn

£75m airlift for Britons stranded on holiday

Repatriation operation to bring home 300,000

While there is still flights out of Thailand I don’t think there will be help with from government ,this goes back to my original comment about many people not really stuck Qatar air are keeping routes to Uk open as well as Eva air ,,,off coarse this might change which is why Uk government issued warning 10 days ago to make plans now if you want to travel back.

so far I only know of Germany which is running 4 flights back on April 2,3,4 and 5 these are special flights for German residents  only without inflated prices.

i informed a couple of Germans that are saying they stuck here about these flight and there reply no no we have our flight with Turkish airlines on April 17th,there first flight with Turkish airlines was cancelled last week.

1 hour ago, Mister Fixit said:

So not siblings?  I'd have thought they would be included.

Whatever, they will need to contact the Australian embassy to get definitive information, should they decide to go that route.

No one seems to have asked this, so, I will: Is your nephew's older brother an actual national of Australia? Meaning, if not born there, he has already finished the long process of naturalization.

If not, the familial relationship is irrelevant, your nephew won't be allowed to enter on that basis unless the relative in question is a national. You shouldn't waste your time contacting the embassy when the guidelines are already clear on that.

Also, what about nephew's pal? He presumably is not also related to the older brother. Is the plan to leave him behind on his own in Thailand for six months? Seems a bit harsh.

Edited by donnacha
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There are many folk genuinely stuck here.

There are soooo many using it as an excuse. I travel a lot and often meet young backpackers. Many times I have heard..." great we can milk this for few months"

Mind you that was before to all the closures and now curfew Phuket. 

Bkk to follow. 

Quatar just announced reopen many flights to OZ. Yes only one country but there are flights out. 

The governments were advising all nationalities fly home NOW. Couple weeks back

I had planned to go back to Australia in late April. I had a job organized. Due to the virus my job has fallen through. When I arrive I would need to stay in a hotel room for 2 weeks. Regardless I thought of going back now because of the visa situation but the cheapest flight was around $900 Australian Dollars and was 30 hours travelling instead of the usual $300 AUD and  8 hours. The problem is more that the airlines are taking advantage of people's misfortunes to make money and the visa inflexibility is increasing the problem. The thought of being shafted whichever way I turn is not a happy one.

7 hours ago, donnacha said:

No one seems to have asked this, so, I will: Is your nephew's older brother an actual national of Australia? Meaning, if not born there, he has already finished the long process of naturalization.

If not, the familial relationship is irrelevant, your nephew won't be allowed to enter on that basis unless the relative in question is a national. You shouldn't waste your time contacting the embassy when the guidelines are already clear on that.

Also, what about nephew's pal? He presumably is not also related to the older brother. Is the plan to leave him behind on his own in Thailand for six months? Seems a bit harsh.

Please don't confuse conjecture and possibilities with actual events.

It was just an idea which, after researching further, is not feasible and hence will not be pursued.

But thank you for your input, which was useful.

I really hope the governments of the world take note of the shoddy service dished out to the foreigners in Thailand and reciprocate directly once this is all over.

People and governments have long memories.

On 3/30/2020 at 4:50 PM, DrJack54 said:

There are many folk genuinely stuck here.

There are soooo many using it as an excuse. I travel a lot and often meet young backpackers. Many times I have heard..." great we can milk this for few months"

Mind you that was before to all the closures and now curfew Phuket. 

Bkk to follow. 

Quatar just announced reopen many flights to OZ. Yes only one country but there are flights out. 

The governments were advising all nationalities fly home NOW. Couple weeks back

"We can milk this for a few months"  so what you are saying that foreigners who are in Thailand and spending money are a burden?

Do you know how many restaurants,bars, hotels that have closed because of lack of foreigners? 

Most foreigners spend good amount of money in the kingdom, and that the Thai government have shoten themselves in the foot for so many years have forced people to move home or to other countries, this is really affecting many business in tourist cities.

If the Thai government could have made it easier for those under 50 years, don't have a child and are not married, to stay long term things would have been different, a person who is over 50 shows 800k in the bank for some months and pay 1900 and they have 1 year visa if I'm.jot wrong, but if you are under that age you will have to buy the elite visa who really aren't a good deal for planning to stay for a year or two.

Many people will happily paying 50,000THB a year for a 1 year hassle free visa if that existed... that's a win win situation, people would stop staying on tourist visas and visa exemptions. But we can only dream that something good will ever happen.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

"We can milk this for a few months"  so what you are saying that foreigners who are in Thailand and spending money are a burden?

Do you know how many restaurants,bars, hotels that have closed because of lack of foreigners? 

Most foreigners spend good amount of money in the kingdom, and that the Thai government have shoten themselves in the foot for so many years have forced people to move home or to other countries, this is really affecting many business in tourist cities.

If the Thai government could have made it easier for those under 50 years, don't have a child and are not married, to stay long term things would have been different, a person who is over 50 shows 800k in the bank for some months and pay 1900 and they have 1 year visa if I'm.jot wrong, but if you are under that age you will have to buy the elite visa who really aren't a good deal for planning to stay for a year or two.

Many people will happily paying 50,000THB a year for a 1 year hassle free visa if that existed... that's a win win situation, people would stop staying on tourist visas and visa exemptions. But we can only dream that something good will ever happen.

What does your country offer for Thai citizens. Japan gives 15 day visa exempt.

My country, Oz, gives stuff all. Even if I married my Thai partner it would be expensive long process for her to live AU. BTW the bars etc are closed due to Mr covid-19.

Get over yourself. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

I really hope the governments of the world take note of the shoddy service dished out to the foreigners in Thailand and reciprocate directly once this is all over.

People and governments have long memories.

Good point. However countries such as mine, Australia, offer working visas. There currently is 2 million (I don't believe that, just au news) many of this group now out of work. They all most exclusively work in hospitality, service industry. Both my sons put off work. Presently the foreign workers don't have access to gov financial support.

Thailand very different. Not many stranded here that have been put off.

The serious situation is all the kemer and Laos etc that have been stood down.

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, LEZZA said:

That's  for sure  Aus only allowing residents in 

Even then you are now sent to designated hotels where your in isolation 14 days.

Then you are basically in curfew. 

Also as from now the maximum gathering including your own home is TWO PEOPLE. That excludes family members or houseshare. You have strict specific reasons to be outside. On the spot fines well over $1000aud.

Also all state borders closed. 

• Like 1

What a great idea.  Let's queue with all the rest of the thousands who are stuck here every 2 weeks instead of 4.

Unbelievable.

There are other countries that have given a blanket amnesty until this crisis lessens.