Roojai COVID-19 Online Insurance

inthanet

1 hour ago, seajae said:

I have the 850 baht plan, wife took it out last week using my passport, its a 14 day wait till it starts

If you look at the details of the B850 plan it says :

6. Benefits and coverage are according to the policy terms and conditions. (Thai Nationals Only)

7 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

If you look at the details of the B850 plan it says :

6. Benefits and coverage are according to the policy terms and conditions. (Thai Nationals Only)

Hi,
You have the plan for you or for your wife?
I filled in the form to see what conditions are, but nothing. I could choose Thai or Non-Thai. By Non-Thai I have to provide my Passport Number.
I got already the policy?

Not Only Thai, below the original text. 

The insured person must reside in Thailand at the time of policy issuance. In case of a foreigner, he/she must have a passport and work permit, or have resided in Thailand for more than 6 months.

Edited by inthanet
Add Info
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, inthanet said:

Hi,
You have the plan for you or for your wife?
I filled in the form to see what conditions are, but nothing. I could choose Thai or Non-Thai. By Non-Thai I have to provide my Passport Number.
I got already the policy?

I dont have the plan but it looks like they will take your money, then screw you later as the details says Thai national only?!

I might be wrong just thought I'd point it out.

Also the B1 000 000 looks a bit suspect ....

*Any illnesses such as coma, brain and nervous system damage or disorders, terminal illness, and or death, as a direct result of the Coronavirus, determined by a physician. Maximum coverage 100,000 - 1,000,000 THB (depending on the plan)

**Medical treatment from infections (Coronavirus(2019-nCoV)) both In-Patient-Department (IPD) and Out-Patient-Department (OPD) cases. Maximum coverage for medical expenses 10,000 - 100,000 THB/year (depending on the plan)

This reads to me that if you need this insurance most people will be limited to the 100 000 payout

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, inthanet said:

Not Only Thai, below the original text. 

The insured person must reside in Thailand at the time of policy issuance. In case of a foreigner, he/she must have a passport and work permit, or have resided in Thailand for more than 6 months.

Edited 3 minutes ago by inthanet
Add Info

Ah ok ????.... it doesnt say that on the details page i am reading but I guess it must say that on your policy

2 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I dont have the plan but it looks like they will take your money, then screw you later as the details says Thai national only?!

I might be wrong just thought I'd point it out.

Also the B1 000 000 looks a bit suspect ....

*Any illnesses such as coma, brain and nervous system damage or disorders, terminal illness, and or death, as a direct result of the Coronavirus, determined by a physician. Maximum coverage 100,000 - 1,000,000 THB (depending on the plan)

**Medical treatment from infections (Coronavirus(2019-nCoV)) both In-Patient-Department (IPD) and Out-Patient-Department (OPD) cases. Maximum coverage for medical expenses 10,000 - 100,000 THB/year (depending on the plan)

This reads to me that if you need this insurance most people will be limited to the 100 000 payout

Yes, when I read it now, you right. The 1 million is only when you hopeless ill. 

The 10,000 to 100,000 Baht per year is nothing, will never be enough.

In my mind already canceled, only a money making system for the insurance. 

• Like 2

I purchased this coverage from Roojai 4 days ago.  There are 2 plans offered: Plan "A" for 450 baht with coverage of 500,000/50,000 baht and Plan "B" for 850 baht with coverage of 1,000,000/100,000 baht.  I opted for Plan "B". If you follow the OP's link to Roojai's web page, you will find this information to be correct.  There are 7 items under "Terms and conditions" and there is no reference to "Thai Nationals Only" anywhere. Number 7 on the list, clearly states that foreigners can purchase coverage, if they meet the listed conditions.

These same polices can also be purchased from "TipInsure" online insurance by "Dhipaya Insurance Co., as they are the issuer of the polices bought online from Roojai.  Their cost, coverage limits and terms & conditions are the same. They also offer a 100,000/10,000 baht policy at 150 baht, for those who can't spare the extra 300 baht.

On 4/1/2020 at 3:21 AM, tweedledee2 said:

I purchased this coverage from Roojai 4 days ago.  There are 2 plans offered: Plan "A" for 450 baht with coverage of 500,000/50,000 baht and Plan "B" for 850 baht with coverage of 1,000,000/100,000 baht.  I opted for Plan "B". If you follow the OP's link to Roojai's web page, you will find this information to be correct.  There are 7 items under "Terms and conditions" and there is no reference to "Thai Nationals Only" anywhere. Number 7 on the list, clearly states that foreigners can purchase coverage, if they meet the listed conditions.

These same polices can also be purchased from "TipInsure" online insurance by "Dhipaya Insurance Co., as they are the issuer of the polices bought online from Roojai.  Their cost, coverage limits and terms & conditions are the same. They also offer a 100,000/10,000 baht policy at 150 baht, for those who can't spare the extra 300 baht.

You received any policy or paperwork so that you can prove that you protected?

I don't recall a single time in my 50+ years of buying car, RV, rental, home, health or any other insurance coverage, where I ever received the actual policy at the time I wrote out the check.  On the day I purchased the Covid-19 coverage, I received a follow-up email from Roojai stating "my policy was being processed and I would receive it within 2 weeks". 

I only posted my content to correct all the misinformation in blue in CIB's posts # 2&4.  But then in your follow-up post #8, you acknowledge his misinformation "10.000-100,000" from post #6, decide it's a scam and get a "Like????".  There is no 10,000/100,000: the coverage is either 50,000/500,000 or 100,000/1,000,000. 
   You started this topic and personally I don't care one way or the other if you cancel or not, but don't base your decision on misinformation or someone else's skepticism.  

17 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

I don't recall a single time in my 50+ years of buying car, RV, rental, home, health or any other insurance coverage, where I ever received the actual policy at the time I wrote out the check.  On the day I purchased the Covid-19 coverage, I received a follow-up email from Roojai stating "my policy was being processed and I would receive it within 2 weeks". 

I only posted my content to correct all the misinformation in blue in CIB's posts # 2&4.  But then in your follow-up post #8, you acknowledge his misinformation "10.000-100,000" from post #6, decide it's a scam and get a "Like????".  There is no 10,000/100,000: the coverage is either 50,000/500,000 or 100,000/1,000,000. 
   You started this topic and personally I don't care one way or the other if you cancel or not, but don't base your decision on misinformation or someone else's skepticism.  

Thanks, I appreciate your information and agree with you that many information may not correct. I will today contact the insurance via phone, the best way to get information direct from the source.  

On 4/2/2020 at 1:48 PM, tweedledee2 said:

While i agree dont go from my opinion ... facts are if you go for the 100 000/1 000 000 b850/year. The 1 mil baht payout isnt for inpatient treatment, thats 10 to 100 thousand and the thai nationals only was a quote from details when click the 850bht details. No misinformation there everything quoted from their website. Just trying to be helpful

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Couldnt edit my last post so i added this link to the details of the 850bht plan

https://insure.roojai.com/#/covid-19-policy-details?plan=covid-19-4&lang=en

You need to click on the "details" at the top of the page to find all the "misinformation"

Ok, I'll type slowly to aid your reading comprehension. Roojai sells 2 Covid-19 plans. One plan costs 450 baht (50,000/500,000) with a maximum benefit payout of 50,000 baht that covers both IN and OUT-patience care to treat the actual Covid-19 virus. But, if the patient has the onset of any additional medical complication(s) or dies during treatment that the Dr states were caused by the virus, the maximum payout is 500,000 baht. The 850 baht plan doubles the amount of monetary payout for the actual treatment of the virus or medical complications or death to 100,000/1,000,000 baht.   

Re-read your post #6 and especially the copy and paste in blue. Now re-read your post #14. Do you see any misinformation? You say with my 100,000/1,000,000 policy the 1 million baht isn't for inpatient treatment which it clearly does cover as explained in my prior paragraph and your "copy and paste". 

Now, I'll show you where you are confused about reading 10,000/100,000 in the "details"..

Roojai only sells 2 specific Covid-19 plans and as I stated in the last paragraph in my post #10, the policies are issued by Tip Insure owned by Dhipaya Insurance. On Tip Insure's website they offer 4 Covid-19 coverage plans. They offer a plan that costs 150 baht with a maximum payout of 10,000/ 100,000, a plan that costs 250 baht with a maximum payout of 30,000/100,000 and the same 2 plans offered by Roojai, as I described in paragraph one.

This means "depending on the plan" you get 10,000 - 100,000 coverage to treat the virus and 100,000 - 1,000,000 coverage for additional complications or death.  Simple as that "depending on the plan". 

Your issue with "depending on the plan" started like this. Company (A) Roojai, brokers insurance from company (B) Tip Insure. Then B sends A their complete plan information and "details" that someone forgets to proof-read and edit before all the "details" info goes on A's website.  Not to hard for me to figure out.

2 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

Ok, I'll type slowly to aid your reading comprehension. Roojai sells 2 Covid-19 plans. One plan costs 450 baht (50,000/500,000) with a maximum benefit payout of 50,000 baht that covers both IN and OUT-patience care to treat the actual Covid-19 virus. But, if the patient has the onset of any additional medical complication(s) or dies during treatment that the Dr states were caused by the virus, the maximum payout is 500,000 baht. The 850 baht plan doubles the amount of monetary payout for the actual treatment of the virus or medical complications or death to 100,000/1,000,000 baht.   

Re-read your post #6 and especially the copy and paste in blue. Now re-read your post #14. Do you see any misinformation? You say with my 100,000/1,000,000 policy the 1 million baht isn't for inpatient treatment which it clearly does cover as explained in my prior paragraph and your "copy and paste". 

Now, I'll show you where you are confused about reading 10,000/100,000 in the "details"..

Roojai only sells 2 specific Covid-19 plans and as I stated in the last paragraph in my post #10, the policies are issued by Tip Insure owned by Dhipaya Insurance. On Tip Insure's website they offer 4 Covid-19 coverage plans. They offer a plan that costs 150 baht with a maximum payout of 10,000/ 100,000, a plan that costs 250 baht with a maximum payout of 30,000/100,000 and the same 2 plans offered by Roojai, as I described in paragraph one.

This means "depending on the plan" you get 10,000 - 100,000 coverage to treat the virus and 100,000 - 1,000,000 coverage for additional complications or death.  Simple as that "depending on the plan". 

Your issue with "depending on the plan" started like this. Company (A) Roojai, brokers insurance from company (B) Tip Insure. Then B sends A their complete plan information and "details" that someone forgets to proof-read and edit before all the "details" info goes on A's website.  Not to hard for me to figure out.

Yeah i dont think i am confused, it doesnt state "any" complications and seems to be quite specific. Insurance companies are not doing this for your benefit, but if you are happy with it thats great.

2 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Yeah i dont think i am confused, it doesnt state "any" complications and seems to be quite specific. Insurance companies are not doing this for your benefit, but if you are happy with it thats great.

Yes, it does say "any illness". Those are the first 2 words after the asterisk. But the next 2 words "such as" are the key. Here's the list that you referred to as "quite specific":  coma, brain and nervous system damage or disorders, terminal illness, and or death.  I hope you and most everyone reading the "quite specific" list, understands what the terms: coma, brain damage, terminal illness and death basically mean. For readers including you that can't medically define "nervous system damage or disorders", just use Google and educate yourself and you'll fine your "quite specific" list is actually quite large.

18 hours ago, happysanook said:

Anyone used this to enter the kingdom? I'm in the States right now and looking for cheapest legit option they will accept.

This insurance only covers Thai nationals and foreigner's who already live in Thailand who meet certain criteria. 

51 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

Yes, it does say "any illness". Those are the first 2 words after the asterisk. But the next 2 words "such as" are the key. Here's the list that you referred to as "quite specific":  coma, brain and nervous system damage or disorders, terminal illness, and or death.  I hope you and most everyone reading the "quite specific" list, understands what the terms: coma, brain damage, terminal illness and death basically mean. For readers including you that can't medically define "nervous system damage or disorders", just use Google and educate yourself and you'll fine your "quite specific" list is actually quite large.

My point is still that all of these "such as" have to be a direct result of covid-19 which is not what the majority will want cover for. I really hope people will be covered if need to go on a respirator and spend weeks in an ICU unit but I think not. Also, I wonder if you died from pneumonia then the direct cause of death would not be covid-19. I am not trying to be pedantic but all insurance companies want is your money and with such a cheap policy i think they will do everything they can to avoid a payout, but I honestly hope I am wrong!

• Like 1