Lazada wallet?

britanicus

Had a refund for a returned item and they enter it in the wallet. Now I want to spend it, add to it and buy something else, however as a non Thai they do not let you top up the amount and withdrawing it to my bank account never works. They have a chat line but it's always try later message and can never get thought on the phone. Anyone know a way out of it? strange they make it so hard to spend money with them

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

In the app somewhere in the settings is an option to add a bank account.

If you are using a computer you can use this link: https://shopee.co.th/user/account/payment

There you add your bank account and after a few days the money should be back into your bank account.

The OP was asking about Lazada Wallet.  So does using Shopee system allow Lazada to refund to the bank account set up with Shopee?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, britanicus said:

Now I want to spend it, add to it and buy something else, however as a non Thai they do not let you top up the amount and withdrawing it to my bank account never works.

As a foreigner you are no longer allowed to top up your wallet or use funds in the wallet to make purchases, but sending the funds in the wallet to your account works perfectly. It takes about 7 days to complete though.

The chat also works a charm, but of course only during Thai business hours

5 minutes ago, mojaco said:

The OP was asking about Lazada Wallet.  So does using Shopee system allow Lazada to refund to the bank account set up with Shopee?

This would be cool, wouldn't it? ????

Obviously i was confused, ignore my answer.

Edited by jackdd

Eventually after a long wait I got onto the chat help, I asked for the coupon to be changed into a voucher code as I remembered they had done this before, then you can spend the funds. Took about 25 minutes of answering the same questions and them trying to get you to withdraw the money to bank account, you would think they would want you to spend it. In the end she agreed to convert it to a voucher number, all seems unnecessarily complex, not got it yet.

WATCH OUT!! LAZADA is like a poisonous snake! You order something, you pay for it, it is not delivered, LAZADA cancels, but you don't get the money back.
You get a credit note in LAZADA Wallet. But you can only use this if you are Thai citizen. As a foreigner you must join a queue of the chat. Because LAZADA has blocked all other communication channels. LAZADA is so ashamed of his unethical behavior that they do not even give a postal address. When you finally get in contact with the customer service after a long wait, LAZADA demands a copy of your passport and a copy of your bank book to make a bank transfer. This way they can delay the payment and withhold funds illegally. Otherwise you will be fobbed off with a voucher.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 7:58 PM, jackdd said:

In the app somewhere in the settings is an option to add a bank account.

If you are using a computer you can use this link: https://shopee.co.th/user/account/payment

There you add your bank account and after a few days the money should be back into your bank account.

Genius - refund from Lazada will go to your Shopee account? Nice to see them cooperate. The problem here is that Shopee works, but Lazada f*ked it up.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, Georg Wolff said:

WATCH OUT!! LAZADA is like a poisonous snake! You order something, you pay for it, it is not delivered, LAZADA cancels, but you don't get the money back.
You get a credit note in LAZADA Wallet. But you can only use this if you are Thai citizen. As a foreigner you must join a queue of the chat. Because LAZADA has blocked all other communication channels. LAZADA is so ashamed of his unethical behavior that they do not even give a postal address. When you finally get in contact with the customer service after a long wait, LAZADA demands a copy of your passport and a copy of your bank book to make a bank transfer. This way they can delay the payment and withhold funds illegally. Otherwise you will be fobbed off with a voucher.

Rubbish! I have had a few refunds that get paid into my Wallet and I'm a falang. Never had to show a passport either. No problems with communications either, except some sellers can be slow to respond.

• Like 1

I just completed the process of transferring refunded money from the Lazada Wallet to my bank account. I was expecting a drawn out process but was pleasantly surprised.

1 Logged into my Lazada account on my laptop and began a chat session with support.
2 Was asked to confirm my phone and email.
3 Received a clickable link to a webform via the chat window.
4 Easy to use form asks for your name, bank account number.

5 Upload an image of passport. I uploaded a jpg.
6 Received an email confirming the pending transfer to take place within 7 days.

Entire process from beginning chat to receiving the confirmation email is under 5 minutes if you have an image of your passport ready and bank account number handy. Lazada was very apologetic throughout explaining it has to do with anti money laundering laws.

• 2 months later...

Yesterday when I looked at my Lazada Wallet on my Android app which still had 197 Baht in it from October 8, I was able to go through a new process with them to "Activate" my wallet as a foreigner.  It involved applying as a "foreigner", taking a photo of my passport data page using my phone and also taking a "selfie" of myself using my phone, and filling out a form online.  Since then my Lazada Wallet is freely available for use.  And I was able to have my 197 Baht scheduled to be transferred back to my bank account.  And I also can now "Top Up" the wallet if desired.

It says "Lazada Wallet by hellopay"

Edited by mojaco
clarity
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mojaco said:

Yesterday when I looked at my Lazada Wallet on my Android app which still had 197 Baht in it from October 8, I was able to go through a new process with them to "Activate" my wallet as a foreigner.  It involved applying as a "foreigner", taking photo of my passport data page using my phone and also taking a "selfie" of myself using my phone, and filling our a form online.  Since then my Lazada Wallet is freely available for use.  And I was able to have my 197 Baht scheduled to be transferred back to my bank account.  And I also can now "Top Up" the wallet if desired.

It says "Lazada Wallet by hellopay"

I would pay them 197 Baht to avoid all that nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

I would pay them 197 Baht to avoid all that nonsense. 

Convenient now though since sometimes I get refunds on cancelled orders with Lazada.  I will never have to do anything special to get the funds back into my bank account now.  Just use my app.

22 minutes ago, mojaco said:

And I also can now "Top Up" the wallet if desired.

Are you sure about that, because as far as I'm aware foreigners can not top up or pay with the wallet, and that is also why refunds are only withdrawable.

22 minutes ago, mojaco said:

Convenient now though since sometimes I get refunds on cancelled orders with Lazada.  I will never have to do anything special to get the funds back into my bank account now.  Just use my app.

I have never had any issue with getting refunds back onto my debit card by Lazarda. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

Hmm. It still won't let me register as a foreigner.

EDIT It does seem to work from the App rather than the desktop website.

I had a refund on a cancelled order put into the Lazada wallet a couple of days ago and tried to activate it on my computer.  Once I clicked that I was a foreigner, it wouldn't let me proceed, so I went ahead and filled in the form to get it transferred to my bank.  Yesterday, after reading this thread, I tried it using the app, and, as you say, it let me do so.  I'm already getting the money refunded, but having the wallet will be useful for next time this happens.

image.png.7bea1f4d4ee3c323de720273b67f1955.png

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 4:17 PM, britanicus said:

...and can never get thought on the phone.

Lazada are very efficient at answering the phone (although that number is no longer publicised), 02 018 0000, '0' for an agent.  Just tried it again now and got through to an English-speaker in 33 seconds.

Edited by Qualibus