BANGKOK
moontang

MEA Deposit Refund??.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, RBOP said:

Registration using the App worked for me and got a successful registration sms. A week later got an sms application was rejected because of name mismatch.   I went into the MEA office and they told me foreigners can not register until May 6th. So May 7th went back to MEA office and they entered me into the system. They printed out a successful registration sheet and told me wait 20 days for the refund to show up in my account.    

Just an update. Still waiting for refund (22 days now).  I called MEA and finally got through to be passed around to 3 different people. They said its still process and to call my local branch for an update. Local branch doesn't answer phone. Guess I'll have to make an in person visit. 

2 hours ago, RBOP said:

Just an update. Still waiting for refund (22 days now).  I called MEA and finally got through to be passed around to 3 different people. They said its still process and to call my local branch for an update. Local branch doesn't answer phone. Guess I'll have to make an in person visit. 

I went to the main office at Chit Lom, 25 days ago...she did it for me, and acknowledged the problems caused by the mismatches, but assured me it would work.  Over the years, have had good service from PEA and MEA..but they have a culture of government incompetence, and are about forty years behind in IT.  Punchcards anyone?

Edited by moontang