UK PM Johnson's adviser Cummings isolating with coronavirus symptoms

snoop1130

UK PM Johnson's adviser Cummings isolating with coronavirus symptoms

By Elizabeth Piper and Guy Faulconbridge

2020-03-30T093555Z_2_LYNXMPEG2T0QJ_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-BRITAIN-CUMMINGS.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Dominic Cummings, special adviser for Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson, leaves his home, as the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues, in London, Britain, March 23, 2020. REUTERS/Hannah McKay

LONDON (Reuters) - The coronavirus outbreak at the heart of the British government spread on Monday with Prime Minister Boris Johnson's senior adviser, Dominic Cummings, self-isolating with symptoms just days after the British leader himself tested positive.

A Downing Street spokesman confirmed a Daily Mail report that Cummings, one of the most powerful men in the government, had developed symptoms of COVID-19 over the weekend and was now self-isolating.

Johnson on Friday became the first leader of a major world power to test positive for the virus. His health minister, Matt Hancock, also tested positive and the government's chief medical adviser, Chris Whitty, is self-isolating.

Britain initially took an approach to containing the spread of the disease that was modest in comparison to European countries such as Italy.

But Johnson imposed stringent controls after projections showed a quarter of a million people could die.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-03-30

17 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I get where you are coming from, but Cummings certainly more ruthless...

All very Machiavellian, Mandelson also of the same ilk!!????????

If you're looking for a friend in Whitehall, best get a dog!?????

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

All very Machiavellian, Mandelson also of the same ilk

That mad was/is a predator. he was sacked 3 times and was known to be ruthless not just in politics but also groping and harassing men.

So they rewarded him with a seat in the house of Lords. Vile man.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Basil B said:

one of the most powerful men Unelected person in the government...

Since when were Special Advisers elected? If they were, who would elect them? Why do you suddenly require them to be elected when they've been around as long as the Ministers themselves?

Best wishes to Mr Cummings, I wish him a speedy recovery. The country needs great minds like his advising the PM at such a critical time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

All very Machiavellian, Mandelson also of the same ilk!!????????

If you're looking for a friend in Whitehall, best get a dog!?????

Mandelson, whatever people's opinions of him are, was elected.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Since when were Special Advisers elected? If they were, who would elect them? Why do you suddenly require them to be elected when they've been around as long as the Ministers themselves?

Best wishes to Mr Cummings, I wish him a speedy recovery. The country needs great minds like his advising the PM at such a critical time.

This special advisor in jackboots has ordered (via his glove puput) that minister should fire their free thinking and intelligent advisors and replace them with morons he can control.

rGDJiCdN9ylA6AKFnK5PBcts2nF-8gHC3adIlBb2s9k.thumb.jpg.22e866796f0537512b8ac8a9222f560e.jpg

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I like Matt, he is good with the NHS, i expect him to recover quicker than Boris who is overweight and may be run down

I don't think the frontline NHS workers, who haven't got nearly enough PPE and are having to scavenge their own, think very much of him. OK, he's not the stirring leader you'd want to lead you into battle, but you'd expect him to at least be an efficient civil servant.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roquefort said:

I don't think the frontline NHS workers, who haven't got nearly enough PPE and are having to scavenge their own, think very much of him. OK, he's not the stirring leader you'd want to lead you into battle, but you'd expect him to at least be an efficient civil servant.

They are always moaning though, every country has struggled with enough PPE, this is hopefully once in a lifetime catastrophe

• Confused 1

Johnson does not have the disease

Hancock does not have the disease

Cummings is hiding because his protector is himself in hiding: he does not have the disease

Witty probably does not have the disease either

In case you weren't sure, now you know how cowardly these charlatans are.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, todlad said:

Johnson does not have the disease

Hancock does not have the disease

Cummings is hiding because his protector is himself in hiding: he does not have the disease

Witty probably does not have the disease either

In case you weren't sure, now you know how cowardly these charlatans are.

I've decided conspiracy theorists seem to be guys losing their minds, not surprising with all this lockdown stuff

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

I've decided conspiracy theorists seem to be guys losing their minds, not surprising with all this lockdown stuff

Those possibly extreme views are my own and it is VERY rare for me to subscribe to any such outpourings. In this case, however:

Johnson is way beyond the Peter Principle and he is taking a sabbatical. 

Hancock has been overwhelmed by his job but is too much of a coward to resign: hiding behind covid is really convenient for him.

Cummings is a very controversial figure and without the face to face protection of his boss, he is certain to feel threatened and like all bullies, he has run away when the going got tough.

As for Witty, I know nothing about him but it's a big coincidence that he's one of the three top figures and he's gone with the other two.