Will I get my visa?

30 day consideration ends on 3rd April. Phoned Chaiyaphum to ask "is my None O-A marriage visa ready for collection"? They said "you will have to come in to the IO to find out". Brilliant. Currently in Bangkok and don't want to drive all that way to find it is refused or delayed by a week. Can I ask (based on OP's experiences) what are chances that the visa is there ready and waiting for me? Do they tend to stick to that end date or am I going to messed around for days on end? Cheers

There is a very good chance it will be ready since it has probably been more than 30 days since you applied unless you did on the last day since offices here in the Isaan start the 30 days from the end of your current permit to stay.

I have only had one out of 12 not be ready that I applied for here in Ubon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is a very good chance it will be ready since it has probably been more than 30 days since you applied unless you did on the last day since offices here in the Isaan start the 30 days from the end of your current permit to stay.

I have only had one out of 12 not be ready that I applied for here in Ubon.

Brill. Thanks for that. Yes, I gave then the full 30 days for processing so we'll go for it and set off tomorrow. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Mr Smithy said:
2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

is my None O-A marriage visa ready for collection

Did you really apply for a VISA? 

Obviously he meant an extension of stay on the basis of marriage to a Thai. There is no such thing as a Non O-A marriage visa. Calling the extension a visa is understandable as immigration officials tend to call it a visa (or, more accurately, a wee-zah) because that is easier to say than extension of your permission to stay. It often leads to confusion, but it is easy to see what is meant here from the context.

Don't tell me I've cocked it up. Have a none O,  90 visa in my passport obtained in the UK. Activated Dec 6. Went to IO early March, given 30 days consideration, return Apr 3. Tell me that sounds correct. Please!!! On the verge of going back home had so much hassle.

33 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Don't tell me I've cocked it up. Have a none O,  90 visa in my passport obtained in the UK. Activated Dec 6. Went to IO early March, given 30 days consideration, return Apr 3. Tell me that sounds correct. Please!!! On the verge of going back home had so much hassle.

Nothing to worry about. You just made a mistake in describing what you applied for in your OP.

You extended the 90 day entry from a non-o visa for one year based upon marriage to a Thai.

Just got my marriage extension at Si Racha last Friday (27th) after the thirty day under consideration without any problem. I might be wrong but I've not heard of anybody being refused after waiting the full Thirty days. At Si Racha they told me when I applied that if there was any problem during the thirty days they would contact me as soon as the problem occurred, not wait till the end.

For me, the only change is the date my extension expires next year. I've always had retirement extensions in the past and the renewal date has always been March 17th. But changed to a marriage extension this year and put my application in on the 28th February. This extension only runs until 27th Feb 2021. But I knew this would happen anyway because I was changing from a retirement to marriage extension. 

• Like 1