Tourist visa extention...coronavirus

30 minutes ago, Frank740 said:

Just like the passport entry stamp.

But now stamped in passport must leave by 30/05.

Sounds quite strange.

They don't use the entry stamp for extensions.

Please post a picture of it.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

Was this your first extension of your visa exempt entry? Am I correct that you entered Thailand on 2 March? Did you initially ask for a 30-day tourist extension, or a 60-day extension to stay with Thai family members?

55 minutes ago, Frank740 said:

Just like the passport entry stamp.

But now stamped in passport must leave by 30/05.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the post. Many of us are relying on this as yet unannounced longer extension to give us some breathing room while we plan how to navigate through the covid crisis. To prevent too many individual questions, could you summarize for us here:
1. Date you 1st arrived into Thailand
2. Date of your 1st "must leave by" stamp
3. What documents you were required to submit with your application
4. How many days you requested on your TM7 application
5. If you don't mind, a picture of your new stamp with "must leave by" of 5/30

Edited by audaciousnomad

4 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Would it be too much to ask for immigration to make their Corona virus policy known to the public so people could relax a bit?  

I agree. But it is taking time for them to implement and work through their various hierarchies it seems. Also, it's not unusual that there is some disparity between offices in implementation of policy from time to time. I'm not especially surprised now, since this covid is causing things to be changed day by day. 

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 1

I visited Jomtien immigration this afternoon, and only got 7 days (second extension on visa exempt). I overheard others leaving who only got 7 days. Maybe you were on a tourist visa or something else? For the sake of others, please provide more details so others don't run into disappointment, as they are not giving 60 days to everyone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the post. Many of us are relying on this as yet unannounced longer extension to give us some breathing room while we plan how to navigate through the covid crisis. To prevent too many individual questions, could you summarize for us here:
1. Date you 1st arrived into Thailand
2. Date of your 1st "must leave by" stamp
3. What documents you were required to submit with your application
4. How many days you requested on your TM7 application
5. If you don't mind, a picture of your new stamp with "must leave by" of 5/30

Arrived thailand 31/01 then went to Cambodia, returning 05/03 could stay until 03/04.

I took 2 copies passport, 2 copies departure card, hotel receipt.

I requested 30 days on tm 7 form.

Picture1585572573682295230525024709212.thumb.jpg.658470c9bed3f896dd6955aa9d2f4a80.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frank740 said:

Arrived thailand 31/01 then went to Cambodia, returning 05/03 could stay until 03/04.

I took 2 copies passport, 2 copies departure card, hotel receipt. 1.21 MB · 0 downloads

I requested 30 days on tm 7 form.

Picture1585572573682295230525024709212.thumb.jpg.658470c9bed3f896dd6955aa9d2f4a80.jpg

This is a regular 30 day tourist visa extension (you are now allowed to stay until 03.05.)

This has nothing to do with corona virus.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is a regular 30 day tourist visa extension (you are now allowed to stay until 03.05.)

This has nothing to do with corona virus.

This is a 60 day extention,  otherwise would be o

03/04

• Confused 1

Looks to me that the OP only actually got the expected 30 day extension. The OP will cause a rush on immigration and a false impression. Better the OP edited so as not to give this false  impression. 

Notice: Several inflammatory and baiting posts were removed earlier that were over 9 hours old. That put this topic way down on page 2.

But you bumped it up to the1st page again.

Topic now :mfr_closed1: to prevent it from happening again.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1