Blood Centre reserves inadequate

snoop1130

Blood Centre reserves inadequate

By THE NATION

800_3f36daf6c8bd93c.jpg

The National Blood Centre today (March 30) turned silent as people dared not venture out of their residences due to fear of contracting Covid-19.

The centre, under the Thai Red Cross Society, has asked people to urgently donate blood in order to help patients who are in need nationwide.

The dire Covid-19 situation has affected blood donation, leading to inadequate reserves.

However, the centre came out to assure people that they can donate their blood under safe conditions. The place, it said, is free from the coronavirus.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385079

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-30

A few years back i tried via the Red Cross in Phuket, but was found ineligible as i had lived in the UK at a time they considered a risk due to Mad Cow disease. This is not listed as a criteria on the website, but was asked in a questionnaire on location. Perhaps the criteria have changed now?

Their problem is criteria including AGE , many fit and healthy farangs are not allowed to donate due to age, although my Mother did until her 84th birthday in the UK .

They lose so many donors and some with rare blood types like O Rhesus negative 

6 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Their problem is criteria including AGE , many fit and healthy farangs are not allowed to donate due to age, although my Mother did until her 84th birthday in the UK .

They lose so many donors and some with rare blood types like O Rhesus negative 

They probably think that we Oldies are full of pills and potions.

I don't mind donating and I'm still below the 55 age limit. Was a regular blood donor before moving here. 

Just noticed on the Red Cross page linked above: 12. Donors and their marriage/ sexual partners may not practice risky sexual behavior.

Errr..... Might that rule seriously rule out my chances a friend of mine? Cause where I come from, yes, there is a pre-check list where "risky sexual behaviours" is boinking everything other than your spouse, and you're straight! 

Anyone with experience care to elaborate to the masses? Thanks!