Sakon Nakhon governor BANS sale of alcohol until 16 April

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, Netzero said:

Can anyone see any rational relationship between banning sales of alcohol and preventing COVID? Is the twisted logic that if people drink they won’t stay home or ? 

Of course, that's why every other province in Thailand, and every virus-infected country on the globe has done exactly the same thing.  Marvelous example of science-based protection of the populace.

Next up:  Netflix is well known for leading to physical closeness between individuals.  Time to ban it for the duration too.

Fyi .

Cheap jack vodka for us cheap charlies , selling well only 400 bht a litre,  while the virus lasts.

Edited by elliss

On 3/31/2020 at 12:04 AM, elliss said:

Agree with you , on that .

Wifi isolate , stops idle chat , and rumour mongers..

And a further idea masking tape across everyone’s mouth and stop posting <deleted> here. No newspapers to. 
Go back to the dark ages. 
Keep ignorance by no information may as well ban learning to read and write. 
alcohol has nothing to do with virus. 

On 3/30/2020 at 8:55 PM, 2long said:

I reckon that they should cut the internet too.

Agreed. The virus is so small I think it could ride piggyback on a data packet from an infected router back to the ISP and from there it could spread at the speed of light. People with a VPN could spread infected packets all over the world too! 

Personally I'm curling into a fetal position under my bed and sucking my thumb until this is over. I also keep the lights off so the virus can't see me hiding. I'm practicing holding my breath but have not been very successful with that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Oxx said:

Of course, that's why every other province in Thailand, and every virus-infected country on the globe has done exactly the same thing.  Marvelous example of science-based protection of the populace.

Next up:  Netflix is well known for leading to physical closeness between individuals.  Time to ban it for the duration too.

Closeness would not be an issue if major companies would turn their efforts to producing 'people condoms'. Additionally it would boost rubber prices here. 

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

My thoughts also, my question is WHY, no reasons given for the ban in OP

Still selling beer at retailers in Ubon, but Mrs.Trans says they can but shorter hours.

I do not see the logic in bringing beer into the Corona equation, there is no link. They are telling folk to stay home but not have a beer to alleviate your boredom....How crazy is that.....????

• Like 1

this is to far out for me, it is like a little spoilt  kid with a lolly pop, lets see the virus hates the cold so what is better to drink cold soft drink or room temp whiskey and to think Thailand is a land of whiskey drinkers (me included) this spells big trouble do not need to be fortune teller for this one

6 hours ago, transam said:

Still selling beer at retailers in Ubon, but Mrs.Trans says they can but shorter hours.

I do not see the logic in bringing beer into the Corona equation, there is no link. They are telling folk to stay home but not have a beer to alleviate your boredom....How crazy is that.....????

This is an answer to everyone, not special to transam ...
Why are you looking for one or more answers to a question that does not have one? :giggle:

Sometimes, I do not understand that there are so many pages for insignificant information;

especially that generally falang cannot undelstand .100% Sure :crazy:
We live in Sakon Nakhon province;
that of Udon Thani begins in ban_Ya 15 km from our home on route 22 ..
If we want to buy alcohol we will go to ban_Ya ...

You guys do realize Coronavirus doesn't just attack the lungs right? Pneumonia is just what becomes the most apparent symptom. Seemingly healthy people in their 20s-50s are also dying from acute sudden kidney and liver failures caused by the virus. I suspect those "healthy" people had underlying kidneys and liver issues caused by heavy drinking.

• Confused 1