Sakon Nakhon governor BANS sale of alcohol until 16 April

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Is anyone else starting to think all this BS looks like its being played out from a script?

Every country on Earth seems to be on a quest to turn their citizens completely stir crazy as quick as possible, and trying to out-do each other with these silly bans and over the top regulations.

All over Australia now you are not even allowed to leave the house at all without a good reason.

(Announced today, violators fined $10,000 and/or 6 months prison).

And look at the last few years:

1. Everyone is pennyless.

Most the population are in massive household debt.   

Of those who aren't,  0% interest paid on savings, ensures folks left with money will eventually be broke also.

-done-

2. Governments have always had a hard-on for its citizens living overseas.

-problem solved.

3. Governments the world over are taking away everyones means of making money and/or earning a living.

-why?

4. Crash the stockmarkets. Another form of investment and earning money pretty much eradicated.

(At the same time the institutions are relieved of paying out our superannuation, which has lost up to 30%).

5. Create mass panic and get everyone completely occupied with the virus..

-done

WHY?

Get the people so scared and weak they will accept ANYTHING..

Then the next stage of the plan will be rolled out before our eyes.

"NEVER let a good crisis go to waste"

Its been an age old saying for those holding the real power.

Sorry, i no way am i a virus denier, but there is something more than just a virus happening here.

But people will call you crazy, conspiracy theorist, doomsayer,  etc etc.....

Until it's actually happened and then they will be crying into their daily bowl of government issued food, contemplating the next 40yrs of forced labor !!

Ok maybe a slight exaggeration but be alert, as a new world is being crafted.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

The alcoholics won't be happy with this one, there will be big problems from this.

Making people stay at home is one thing, preventing them from having a little drink while sitting in their home with absolutely nothing to do is something very different.

Some truth to your reply , but you know thai when they drink they almost never drink alone . So thats why no sale of alcohol because they will sit together and share their glass and sigarettes and spoons and forks . 

• Like 1

Why on earth do they let provincial governors make these decisions? They are not medical experts, or highly trained in epidemiology.  In fact, they have no relevant knowledge whatsoever.

Of course, one could say the same thing about the current government.

It would be nice if the Prime Minister were to show a bit of humility, pull together a group of the finest experts available, and let them set evidence-based policy countrywide, rather than letting clueless individual governors make the decisions.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

The alcoholics won't be happy with this one, there will be big problems from this.

Making people stay at home is one thing, preventing them from having a little drink while sitting in their home with absolutely nothing to do is something very different.

Some will get DTs and some would even die. I say "would" because prohibition always results in gangster-driven bootlegging. A dumb, thoughtless decision.

12 hours ago, 2long said:

I reckon that they should cut the internet too.

I would not think so as the military would not be able to monitor social media for fake news and other comments that could potentially be classified as "cyber crime" (Computer Crimes Act).

6 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Why on earth do they let provincial governors make these decisions? They are not medical experts, or highly trained in epidemiology.  In fact, they have no relevant knowledge whatsoever.

So you believe that an attempt to reduce people gathering is not in line with medical advice. We all know that alcohol induces closer contact.

The Thais are not going to pay much attention to the postponement notice, it is a bit like the Christian community trying to postpone Christmas.

I think the move is a bit premature but can see a certain logic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In Idaho liquor stores are considered essential services, same as grocery stores. Looks insane at first glance but the reasoning is 1) Prohibition has been done before in the U.S. and all it did was encourage gangster-led bootlegging. 2) There's no reason to force alcoholics to go through DTs. Since booze is not a prohibited drug, people have the right to taper off it properly under medical supervision and social support. 3) The Idaho liquor stores are state-owned, and taxes go to the state, of course. In an era when people are spending far less (this is a fact, not an assumption of mine), the state needs all the sales taxes it can get. State tax is 6%. Imagine all the cars nobody is buying now.

The pub culture will be put in serious trouble. It’s no secret alcohol has been part of the fabric of society.

here is the problem. 
If you force an alcoholic to stop cold turkey, the result will be grand mal seizures, potentially fatal. Alcohol is a very addictive- dangerous ( socially acceptable) drug. Detox must be done by medical Doctors, trained in addiction,over time.

the Thais, sadly will not get proper attention.

An insane un educated decision.

Most with symptoms will go into denial.

now we can more clearly understand how boats burn to the water line, how the Los has the most traffic fatalities in the world.

lets hope they get some adult supervision, and not be responsible for unnecessary suffering and death.

FUBAR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well with the panic on toilet rolls  paper tissue Rice noodles tins of fish and the eggs

Now there is mention of alcohol  could be banned where ever places like Macro 

The 7/11 family Marts ect  sales are going to go out of the window

Will give it a few days where I am and see how things transpire

11 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Only reason i can think is to quell domestic violence,in fact they have enacted a similar law in Nuuk,capital of Greenland,i have been of the drink for 5 days after a bilious attack, and a bit of pain in my liver,but i have amassed ten cases of real english cider,in my cellar,well store cupboard,so bring it on you <deleted>'s i am locked and loaded,apart of course if i have another bilious attack.

Not to reduce incentive for social gatherings?

A detox off of booze for a few weeks would do the whole country good and I say that as a moderate drinker. Alcohol also lowers the body's natural resistance. A huge percentage of the deaths in Italy , over 90%, were among those with pre-existing health problems. So, you puss gutted rummies with florid faces should look in the mirror and consider a few weeks of sobriety. If you don't, you might contribute to nature's culling of the herd.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It is not only happening here in Thailand, it is also happening in Australia but where it is only one province here in Thailand it is the whole country of Australia. In Australia they have started by limiting the amount that you can buy which stops the uncontrollable drunks from hoarding before a total ban on the sale of alcohol and you can only blame the bars, pubs and the uncontrollable drunks for this.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sakon Nakhon governor BANS sale of alcohol until 16 Apri

F,,,, That got to order a Pallet of my Beverage ASAP before some other smart ass get that same idea to stop us from Disinfecting ourselves .   ????

I learnt something out of this whole exercise; the real rulers of the Land are those governors. They can overrule, instruct, implement and cancel at will. 

On the other hand, this regulation might allow for some pocket money by the controlling authorities, i.e. the BiB as they, in turn, have financial needs too ..........