Sakon Nakhon governor BANS sale of alcohol until 16 April

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

yea I knew folks who drank sid regularly, many lost their jobs because they couldn't function after a while. imo no different than people manufacturing methamphetamine, hope you enjoyed your profits...  

Bought land and built a <deleted> off Villa in Italy.

• Haha 1

Another utterly inane response to what many consider the coming zombie apocalypse. Deprive the masses of the little bit of enjoyment and stress relief they have. Are they inviting a crime spree? What gives here? Where is the sanity and reason? This guy should be quarantined. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

You are correct I do like a drink of red wine at night when I watch TV( i am back in Australia now)

I used to buy 4 or 5 liter wine casks because of the cheaper price, also I don't have to go

to the bottle shop to often, but now I am only allowed to buy a small cask ( 2 liters) so that means

I have to go bottle shop hopping which cost me more on petrol and increase the risk of cayching

that virus.

Are there restrictions on alcohol sales in Australia ?

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Another utterly inane response to what many consider the coming zombie apocalypse. Deprive the masses of the little bit of enjoyment and stress relief they have. Are they inviting a crime spree? What gives here? Where is the sanity and reason? This guy should be quarantined. 

No Internet, no booze, what's next?

image.png.0b83e230831f0ba3152e6fd0889974f1.png

Thailand is losing its allure very quickly now.

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Just another in a long line of examples of the Thai 'Thick Gene' and IQ deficiency.

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Solitary drinking as the term implies is done alone so nobody else will be there to see it?

You really believe there has never been a solitary drinker in a crowded bar? Time you brushed up on your terminology.

During Songkran the only solitary drinkers are falangs, but being one you are never going to agree.

20 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Are there restrictions on alcohol sales in Australia ?

yes

Major bottle shops will impose restrictions on the amount of alcohol Australians can buy in one transaction, from the start of trading on Tuesday.

Customers will only be allowed to buy a maximum of two slabs of beer or cider and 12 bottles of wine in one transaction as part of a national booze limit active from today, a voluntary initiative from the industry.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/liquor-stores-impose-booze-limit-from-start-of-trade/ar-BB11VEve?li=AAgfYrC

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would like to think you are joking ????

All jokes aside, my late brother used to have a bottle of whiskey in the morning and whatever was available or he could get his hands by the evening, i.e. another bottle of the whatever helped send him to his grave at 49, a really sad disease, way to go and painful for loved ones to see.

Everything in moderation ✌️

Sorry to hear about your brother very sad indeed. 

I'm 48, in my younger days I was out all the time but I grow out of it. Only have a couple in the evening this is in uk

But when in Thailand with the wife not much at all ✌

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brianbbb said:

what has drinking alcoho to do with the chinese virus i can see big trouble ahead

people not drinking alone and keeping the social distances. Too many partying together and drinking out of the same bottle then getting drunk and hanging all over other people. It is not only farang but Thai's as well

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

people not drinking alone and keeping the social distances. Too many partying together and drinking out of the same bottle then getting drunk and hanging all over other people. It is not only farang but Thai's as well

That reads like your circles are questionable....????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, transam said:

That reads like your circles are questionable....????

Sorry to disappoint you transam but I do not drink but I have seen many drunks around and even had to put up with them in the streets when they are not wanted but they try to force themselves onto a person slobbering about how great they are and all types of BS. They are not my circle of friends

• Like 1

Absolutely ridiculous measure! If alcohol sales are to be banned it should be a country wide ban! People in this province will now travel to nearby provinces to purchase their alcohol thereby increasing the risk of spreading the virus!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

Sorry to disappoint you transam but I do not drink but I have seen many drunks around and even had to put up with them in the streets when they are not wanted but they try to force themselves onto a person slobbering about how great they are and all types of BS. They are not my circle of friends

Well I do like a beer, I have NEVER had your ploblem after many years here....Except Mrs.Trans....????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I do like a beer, I have NEVER had your ploblem after many years here....Except Mrs.Trans....????

Don't get my wrong transam but there are some people who can sit and have a quite drink and socialize and enjoy themselves of which I have several friends but then there are those that cannot control themselves and they cannot handle having a quite drink without becoming drunk and annoying other people and even becoming violent.

31 minutes ago, midasthailand said:

Absolutely ridiculous measure! If alcohol sales are to be banned it should be a country wide ban! 

It will be countrywide soon, so best stock up now.

Its basic Thai maths.

alcohol+cigarettes = COVID19 Spread

Solution? Ban them.

It's a good plan. Just p*ss the people off and they will moan about everything except the Virus.

Edited by Muzzique

4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Only the drinkers. It is a proven fact in Australia that domestic violence is 95% caused by drunken males 

That may be correct. It goes for drunken males.  No need to punish the others who can behave.

I am a regular drinker myself and by times I try to be all sober for a couple of days. In that time I believe myself to be okay, but the wife says I'd better take a couple as I seem to be getting grumpy. ????

A Thai man with a short fuse without alcohol can be as violent. Proof will probably show up.

2 hours ago, Muzzique said:

If you share the cup or the fag. Otherwise I'd guess the more efficient transmission path is the spittle flying in the air when in a drinking posse. 

2 hours ago, Muzzique said:

Its basic Thai maths.

Solution? Ban them.

Nope.  There are far too many obscenely wealthy individuals who want to protect their businesses.  There might be one renegade province, but the rest of the Kingdom will continue to enjoy making those obscenely wealthy individuals even richer.  So what if the little people die? As long as enough of them survive to keep stoking the profits.

• Haha 1