90 days visa run with Non-o vusa

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

Assuming your Non O visa is based on a Thai spouse or child, you can apply for a 60-day extension of stay. Your Thai family member must usually accompany you when you apply for the extension. A one-year extension of your permission to stay may be possible if you can meet the requirements.

A Non-O based on marriage should not incur visa runs but only 90 days checks, I believe.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

OP means multi  Non-imm O if he's doing 90 day border runs

Will require notorised copies of marriage cert. if married outside of Thailand, I believe, to obtain a 60 day extension on a 90 day period.

Edited by pookett

44 minutes ago, thaikahuna said:

A Non-O based on marriage should not incur visa runs but only 90 days checks, I believe.

You believe wrong. A single entry visa provides for a 90 day stay only unless extended by 60 days for the purpose of visiting a Thai spouse/child.

The same criteria apply to multiple entry visas.

The MAX length of stay permitted is 90+60 before having to leave the country

Edited by Mr Smithy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

You believe wrong. A single entry visa provides for a 90 day stay only unless extended by 60 days for the purpose of visiting a Thai spouse/child.

The same criteria apply to multiple entry visas.

The MAX length of stay permitted is 90+60 before having to leave the country

But you can also in the last month of the 90-days (or 90+60 days) permission to stay apply for the 1-year permission to stay based on the Non Imm O - marriage/dependant child Visa.

Doing so requires 400K seasoned during 2 months on a personal thai bank-account before the application (and kept there until the application is approved), after which the 400K can be used for your expenses.  And 2 months before your next application for a 1-year extension you would need to put again 400K on your thai bank-account.

Alternatively you can also use the 40K monthly income transfer-method, which would require you to provide evidence of 2 months of such transfers before your application, and keeping those transfers up during the full year the permission to stay grants you.

1 hour ago, pookett said:

OP means multi  Non-imm O if he's doing 90 day border runs

Will require notorised copies of marriage cert. if married outside of Thailand, I believe, to obtain a 60 day extension on a 90 day period.

no need if in English.

I'm also here on a multiple entry Non-O (Thai wife) my permission to stay ends two weeks prior to my flights departure, we were married here and I have copies of the marriage certificate in Thai and English. Since I'm now unable to do a border run my question is, for an extension will anything else be required be required to complete this process?

4 minutes ago, Nightfr8 said:

I'm also here on a multiple entry Non-O (Thai wife) my permission to stay ends two weeks prior to my flights departure, we were married here and I have copies of the marriage certificate in Thai and English. Since I'm now unable to do a border run my question is, for an extension will anything else be required be required to complete this process?

You only need your original marriage certificate in Thai and copies of it.

For a one year extension of stay you will need a printout of your Kor Ror marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

For a 60 day extension you will not need a the Kor Ror 2 other than at a few odd offices.

For the 60 day extension the marriage certificate and a copy, copies of your wife house book registry and ID card.

For the one year extension you will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40 baht income.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For a one year extension of stay you will need a printout of your Kor Ror marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

For a 60 day extension you will not need a the Kor Ror 2 other than at a few odd offices.

For the 60 day extension the marriage certificate and a copy, copies of your wife house book registry and ID card.

For the one year extension you will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40 baht income.

Joe I have copies of our original marriage certificate but no way do I have the original certificate here so I hope you're talking about just copies. No extension form to fill out?

17 minutes ago, Nightfr8 said:

Joe I have copies of our original marriage certificate but no way do I have the original certificate here so I hope you're talking about just copies. No extension form to fill out?

A copy (both sides) should be enough but the could ask for the original. If they want an original you could take a copy of it to a Amphoe and they would certify it and attach a Kor Ror 2 to it that would be accepted by immigration.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Proof you are staying in the province where you apply.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A copy (both sides) should be enough but the could ask for the original. If they want an original you could take a copy of it to a Amphoe and they would certify it and attach a Kor Ror 2 to it that would be accepted by immigration.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Proof you are staying in the province where you apply.

Thank you Joe, I think I'll stop by the Amphoe and get it certified to avoid a second trip to immigration, I can handle the rest. Peace to you and yours, stay safe.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

But you can also in the last month of the 90-days (or 90+60 days) permission to stay apply for the 1-year permission to stay based on the Non Imm O - marriage/dependant child Visa.

Doing so requires 400K seasoned during 2 months on a personal thai bank-account before the application (and kept there until the application is approved), after which the 400K can be used for your expenses.  And 2 months before your next application for a 1-year extension you would need to put again 400K on your thai bank-account.

Alternatively you can also use the 40K monthly income transfer-method, which would require you to provide evidence of 2 months of such transfers before your application, and keeping those transfers up during the full year the permission to stay grants you.

Does the 400k  need to be seasoned on a first application for a 1 year extension of this type? I thought not. I know it does for subsequent extensions.

I started life here with a retirement extension following a visa exempt entry, then a non O. For the non O based on retirement I put the money in the day before that application. After a few extensions of that I then transitioned to extensions based on marriage when married my Thai lady. What a faff that is! But persevered over several such extensions. Last year I let it lapse, as I don't spend anything like the whole year here and my wife joins me for some of the time when I am not, so I went for a non O multi entry from Savanakhet, no financials a distinct advantage!. But that's expired now and I can't go there for a new one at the moment as we all know

So yesterday I got a 60 day extension at my Kalasin Immigration Office on my current permission to stay as that expires in a few days.

So what next if borders still closed or if open a requirement or Covid insurance and doctors certificate still in force to be granted one?

I thought Back to the 1 year, either as retirement at 800k in the bank but less faff or marriage at 400k with all the faff. Neither is convenient as the source of the money would lead to a hefty tax bill in either case but especially the retirement route, where I am currently tax resident.

Hence my question about seasoning. I'd be starting anew even though my history clearly shows I've done this before.

Is seasoning of 2 months required? Because I'd need to raise the money and get it here smartish if that is the case.

8 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Is seasoning of 2 months required? Because I'd need to raise the money and get it here smartish if that is the case.

Yes, on the day you apply for the 1-year extension for a Non Imm O - marriage Visa, you need to prove that there has been continually at least 400K on your personal thai bank-account for 2 months.  Those 400K have to stay there till your application is approved (can take one month), and afterwards you are free to use the money to cover your expenses.  When re-applying at the end of the year that extension granted you, you once again need to show 400K on your personal thai bank-account 2 months before the application.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 11:24 PM, BritTim said:

Assuming your Non O visa is based on a Thai spouse or child, you can apply for a 60-day extension of stay. Your Thai family member must usually accompany you when you apply for the extension. A one-year extension of your permission to stay may be possible if you can meet the requirements.

Thank you.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:06 PM, ubonjoe said:

Thank you again ubonJoe.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:06 PM, ubonjoe said:

Hi ubonjoe,  I have non o visa 1 year multi which will expire on 22 April. which I can normally do visa run at the boarder to get 3 months permit.  Now the boarder closed, I can not do that so need to go to immigration to get extend for 60 days.  I saw some people do the online 90 days report with immigration, I wonder if this is the same visa as mine?  Can I do online to get 90 days permit with my current non o visa?  Thank you in advance.

On 3/31/2020 at 3:04 PM, thaikahuna said:

A non believer?

A Non-O ( ME) based on marriage, issued by a Thai consulate, or embassy of a neighboring country is only valid 90 days and the OP must leave the country every 90 days to activate the next 90 days. 

18 minutes ago, playboy said:

Hi ubonjoe,  I have non o visa 1 year multi which will expire on 22 April. which I can normally do visa run at the boarder to get 3 months permit.  Now the boarder closed, I can not do that so need to go to immigration to get extend for 60 days.  I saw some people do the online 90 days report with immigration, I wonder if this is the same visa as mine?  Can I do online to get 90 days permit with my current non o visa?  Thank you in advance.

You can't do it online on this type of visa. Visit the Immigration, they will give you another 90 days as the borders are closed.

Hopefully. 

4 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

You can't do it online on this type of visa. Visit the Immigration, they will give you another 90 days as the borders are closed.

Hopefully. 

Contrary to the impression many hold, your local immigration office does not have unlimited power to extend your permission to stay. There is a Police Order which determines the conditions under which an extension can be granted, and no extension is possible unless those conditions are met. Certain offices may try to make getting the allowable extensions more difficult, and some conditions may be waived (typically, to facilitate income earning agent assisted extensions) but ignoring the Police Order completely and issuing extensions because you feel like it is not something any immigration official (even one with friends in high places) is going to contemplate.

There is nothing in the Police Order on extensions that allows your local office to extend your permission to stay for 90 days because your normal method of staying in Thailand is no longer possible. As has been well covered on this forum, with the correct documentation, it is possible to extend your stay by 30 days at a time in view of the impossibility of leaving when originally intended, if you are not eligible for any other extension. While the exact documentation required varies between immigration offices, the basic requirements for these emergency extensions can be found in the relevant threads.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Hopefully. 

Thank you, Isaanbiker.

On 4/2/2020 at 7:17 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Hopefully.

Immigration can and will not provide you with a 90-day permission to stay based on your 1-year Non Imm O - marriage Visa.

But you can apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of marriage.

Note: Technically you are also required to do your 90-day report when staying longer than 90 days in Thailand.  You can of course do this in one go when you apply for the 60-day extension.

Edited by Peter Denis

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Immigration can and will not provide you with a 90-day permission to stay based on your 1-year Non Imm O - marriage Visa.

But you can apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of marriage.

Note: Technically you are also required to do your 90-day report when staying longer than 90 days in Thailand.  You can of course do this in one go when you apply for the 60-day extension.

He will not need to do a 90 day report. The 60 day extension will count as a 90 day report since it will be his first extension (on this entry).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sophon said:

He will not need to do a 90 day report. The 60 day extension will count as a 90 day report since it will be his first extension (on this entry).

Thanks, and you are of course correct.

Sorry for blooper (had a bad night sleep).

On 4/3/2020 at 12:15 AM, Isaanbiker said:

A non believer?

A Non-O ( ME) based on marriage, issued by a Thai consulate, or embassy of a neighboring country is only valid 90 days and the OP must leave the country every 90 days to activate the next 90 days. 

Does it play the same way if the non-O ME is acquired in Farang Land?......Ive always done border runs on my non-O simply because it's a trip for my wife to visit relatives.Never considered going to Immigration instead so I don't know if that is an option. Hopefully the border will be opened by the end of May for my next run. But I'm not clear if I can I get a 90-day stamp or only a 60-day extension from Immigration in CM?  Thanks!

59 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

Does it play the same way if the non-O ME is acquired in Farang Land?......Ive always done border runs on my non-O simply because it's a trip for my wife to visit relatives.Never considered going to Immigration instead so I don't know if that is an option. Hopefully the border will be opened by the end of May for my next run. But I'm not clear if I can I get a 90-day stamp or only a 60-day extension from Immigration in CM?  Thanks!

It is the same no matter where obtained  - You will have to apply for an extension at the immigration office

8 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

But I'm not clear if I can I get a 90-day stamp or only a 60-day extension from Immigration in CM?  Thanks!

You cannot get a 90-day permission to stay stamp at an in-country IO.  IN-country IO only handle applications for a new Visa or extensions of stay.

Border-immigration will stamp you in for a 90-day permission to stay when you enter with a non-expired Non Imm O Visa (if the previous permission to stay is not protected with a re-entry permit).  Obviously it is not possible now to exit and re-enter with borders closed.

But you can apply at your local IO for a 60-day extension of stay (for reason of visiting your wife) in the last two weeks of the permission to stay based on your present Non Imm O - marriage Visa.

Thanks for that guys!

So if I have to get an in-country extension of 60-days in May will my visa still be valid for a final re-entry permit in Aug., when my visa expires and providing the borders have re-opened.

I didn't know the Non O ME wasn't open to the '90-day reporting', assumed it would be similar to the retirement visa. I just stay 6 months each year and have been doing the border runs for a change of scenery.