BANGKOK
cliveshep

Over 70 confined to home - law or recommendation only?

Can anyone shed light on my questions please?

My wife insists that after 1st April, I, being over 70, must now stay in the house. As pretty much any and all information on Government or dictatorial orders only come to me via my wife's translation, and appear to get to her via LINE I'd really like to know if the earlier stuff about this that I read on Bangkok Post is correct or not. That said that the Government "STRONGLY RECOMMEND" that over 70's stay in the home, not that it would leave them open to arrest and being hauled off to some Gulag if they didn't.

So is it still only a "strong recommendation" or a new albeit emergency only law? I ask because my wife cannot drive our manual gearbox truck so guess who drives to the market and shops? 

As far as lock-down is concerned Thai Watsadu is closed unfortunately but most other hardware stores and every other type of shop seem to be open. Even some restaurants appeared to be doing business. Is this range of open shops likely to change or are they just ignoring the new orders? Around  Minburi police were closing down fast food stalls and shops along Hathai Rat today so has there been a change or addition to the lock-down rules stopping buying cooked foods to take away? It all seems very confusing!

Also reported by my wife, and again dependant on her translation from LINE it seems the PM has said pick-ups selling fresh food have to stop doing so. They probably won't stop in our village anyway but just wondered if anyone else had heard this? Or is it just a mis-translation? 

you should only go out to immigration when required. Thai law

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Has the question been definitively answered? Is it the law or just advice and guidance?

45 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Over 70 confined to home, no problem for me, been self confined now for 3 weeks.

No bread from big C, so i have started making my own, quite good actually, bit too crusty from my wife, but ok for me.

Made some tomato soup, all ingredients home produced, lovely bowl of soup, with crusty bread to dip in, delicious.

was salivating while reading it, lucky you, enjoy 555

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bryacar said:

Has the question been definitively answered? Is it the law or just advice and guidance?

just a guidance.... maybe his wife was playing April fools 1 day ahead

I'll turn 74 next Tuesday, and have no intention NOT to go out for shopping once every one or two weeks. Besides some food and wine, I will make sure to always carry some Tylenol just bought from a nearby pharmacy......

• Like 2
  • Confused 4