Over 70 confined to home - law or recommendation only?

cliveshep

14 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I can not  disagree.

Which is  why I suggested that a 70 + year old individual who retains the obvious verbal capacity to justify their presence on what surely  must continue to be considered  the public domain despite cautionary reason to avoid it as  part of a protection for  both said individual and  the general community  while also not forgetting the assumed  potential risk  of any such  other individual  so deemed or otherwise  to  be in a position to so challenge either by  assigned  authority  or assumed authority who can quote justifiable motivation  based  on the many variable  factors of avoidance of the potential parenting a dependent offspring at an age where the full capacity as  such a parent  would  be obviated  not only  by  current status of age  but the undeniable potential mortality  risk of  contracting an infection at that age when   in pursuit of  means as to  avoid that parental potential being the  greater imperative in light of the current pandemic which by consequence  has also  thrust  the primary individual into a situation of general compliance to by reason of isolation with an established partner, or  not,  of the opposite sex and such duality of isolation in a  confined  space for an undefined period of  time thereby giving cause to require a short  but  direct  passage in a public  space in pursuit of the intent  by purchase of such items, specified  as condoms, to avert  the afore  mentioned  potential in humanitarian harm in spite  of  irrelevant objections  by such as  the Pope. 

I rest  my defense .????

Christ on a bike........I thought I used a lot of run-on sentences...........You, my friend, must be the world champion, no offense meant.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Don’t listen to your wife’s translation just read THai visa and It tell you everything you wanna know TIT

and everything that you do neither need nor want to know as well ???? 

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

We know stores are asking for masks, doesn't mean they are right. 

it is their entity and their premises offering a service, they set the rules.
similar to you telling visitors to your house to take off at least their shoes.

if someone does not like that, free to not go !

Edited by KKr

20 hours ago, MrMo said:

I wouldn't quite agree with that.   Listen to her (and smile while you do so) BUT get it confirmed from elsewhere.   ThaiVisa is pretty reasonable on most matters but you still need to filter the chaff from the weed (have I remembered that correctly).

There are several online thai news sites with all the official information needed. 

1 hour ago, TGIR said:

Christ on a bike........I thought I used a lot of run-on sentences...........You, my friend, must be the world champion, no offense meant.  

once I had a GF that could utter such rappy monotonous monologues in Thai at speed, high pitch and higher volume. Once Only !!!

20 hours ago, Griffo63 said:

Irrespective of the law says or doesn't I'm self isolating (over 70) which means I don't leave my apartment except to do two things - exercise around the condo car park and driving my wife to buy foodstuffs. I stay in the car whilst she shops.

I wear a mask when away from the room and clean hands very regularly. 

Some people might find this extreme but I'd rather be laughed at for being too cautious than spending any time on a ventilator.  Good luck

Same here but it's not protective enough, as your wife could pick up the virus from others or even from the food packages that others have handled, and pass it on to you.  I cross my fingers each time mine goes shopping. Unless you're in complete self-isolation 24/7 on a water-only fasting diet from sanitised bottles, you're at risk. 

4 hours ago, TGIR said:

Maybe Dumbastheycome was a scriptwriter for the BBC TV Series "Yes Minister" writing Sir Humphrey's lines?

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

71 y old and 62 km this morning on my MTBike ...

Nearly nobody on all the secondary roads I cycled ; 

P1090177_road_4039.thumb.JPG.943ad150d7cee9baf995dd3803ea7d32.JPG

That's acceptable social distancing, but if you see a car, make sure you run into the fields to be safe.

On 3/31/2020 at 4:16 PM, cabanlit said:

Doesn't matter whether it's law, guideline, recommendation or whatever. The only proper and sensible action is to STAY HOME.

And starve to death or die of alcohol withdrawal. 

Edited by marquis22

Meanwhile and on topic - ish - I've driven several times from my home in Bangkok to Pathum Thani to move stuff from sil's home to ours because they have moved in with us and their house must be cleared and possessions of 4 adults brought across - and on none of the trips have I seen road-blocks or checkpoints, in fact the usual helmet checking or vehicle tax checking places have been empty for days so no hold-ups in spite of clearly fake news posted on LINE.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:16 PM, Dumbastheycome said:

I can not  disagree.

Which is  why I suggested that a 70 + year old individual who retains the obvious verbal capacity to justify their presence on what surely  must continue to be considered  the public domain despite cautionary reason to avoid it as  part of a protection for  both said individual and  the general community  while also not forgetting the assumed  potential risk  of any such  other individual  so deemed or otherwise  to  be in a position to so challenge either by  assigned  authority  or assumed authority who can quote justifiable motivation  based  on the many variable  factors of avoidance of the potential parenting a dependent offspring at an age where the full capacity as  such a parent  would  be obviated  not only  by  current status of age  but the undeniable potential mortality  risk of  contracting an infection at that age when   in pursuit of  means as to  avoid that parental potential being the  greater imperative in light of the current pandemic which by consequence  has also  thrust  the primary individual into a situation of general compliance to by reason of isolation with an established partner, or  not,  of the opposite sex and such duality of isolation in a  confined  space for an undefined period of  time thereby giving cause to require a short  but  direct  passage in a public  space in pursuit of the intent  by purchase of such items, specified  as condoms, to avert  the afore  mentioned  potential in humanitarian harm in spite  of  irrelevant objections  by such as  the Pope. 

I rest  my defense .????

Would you like to borrow a few more commas and full stops from me?

IMO the regulation is advisory in nature. I don't have to follow it, but most of the time I do.

I think the posters here that are saying stay put are forgetting cabin fever is quite common in places like Canada. An active over 70 yo getting out for an hour is an antidote to going stir crazy, and I don't see why that respite should be reserved for the under-70's.

Edited by Maestro
Removed bold format