Child Support In Thailand If You Father A Child?

miketu

On 3/31/2020 at 1:49 AM, South said:

If you father a child and the relationship breaks down, pay for your child. Simple as!

I wish Thai Mother's did that...or even the family....it's a one way street here believe me

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

OP, why do you even have to ask such a question. You where man enough to get the girl pregnant so man up and do what’s right for the child. 

We ain't in Arkansass now.... If OP ha no conscience, best he moves on and forgets or he'll have hell for the rest of his life...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, CM Dad said:

The poster is not Thai, therefore, your bigoted comment is irrelevant.

You need to be Thai to talk with a Thai Male?  The Thai male response to a broken relationship with wife is well known and well documented.  Not a bigoted statement...you sir are either dreadfully misinformed are a member of Thai apologists club!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

the birth certificate listed him as no nationality. .

I totally understand this because of Myanmar laws.

I applied for him to become Australian Citizen by Descent. This took about 7 months but finally happened then I got his Australian passport.

Great father you are. You are the embodiment of a real man. 

Now he is in the care of a wonderful foster carer in Australia.

Great news. 

• Thanks 1

I laugh when I see all the people here saying to man up and pay the amount you would in a western country...If people want to live by a western countries laws then go live in a western country. Most women here ship the kids off to the grandparents to look after so how much of that 30k will even be used for the kid...

As others have said if not married, name not on birth certificate then be thankful you dodged a bullet and be smarter next time...Don't allow yourself to be a walking ATM!!

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 2:27 PM, Dazinoz said:

Agree. I guess only difference is that "farang" ask if obligation. Thai men just take off. That last point maybe a bit generalised but EVERY single girl with a child I have spoken to the father just took off and left. And I have spoken to quite a few.

I don’t think it is generalized as that has been my experience too.

There are exceptions however and although slightly different my wife’s brother went to the trouble of obtaining custody of his daughter when he and his wife split up.

I agreed with his actions and after several years it has proved to have been the correct t thing to do.

3 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

I laugh when I see all the people here saying to man up and pay the amount you would in a western country...If people want to live by a western countries laws then go live in a western country. Most women here ship the kids off to the grandparents to look after so how much of that 30k will even be used for the kid...

As others have said if not married, name not on birth certificate then be thankful you dodged a bullet and be smarter next time...Don't allow yourself to be a walking ATM!!

Obviously never heard of DNA testing and you call yourself

“ theonetrueaussie” what a joke

On 4/2/2020 at 4:04 PM, StevieAus said:

Obviously never heard of DNA testing and you call yourself

“ theonetrueaussie” what a joke

Unless married then his name won't be on the birth certificate and he will have absolutely zero legal rights to the child. People always say you need to respect the laws and customs of Thailand...Foreign laws and foreign child support/alimony have no place here, Only thai law!!!

If you want to live with foreign child support laws go live in that country!

Edited by theonetrueaussie

6 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

Unless married then his name won't be on the birth certificate and he will have absolutely zero legal rights to the child. People always say you need to respect the laws and customs of Thailand...Foreign laws and foreign child support/alimony have no place here, Only thai law!!!

If you want to live with foreign child support laws go live in that country!

Actually I am not married to lady who had my baby but my name is on the birth certificate.

Think it is a silly question in the first place. If you have a child you obviously should take care of it regardless to the judge telling you or not.

If the question is wether a mother in Thailand can milk you via child support for all your money, more than for a child, the answer is No.

You can expect to pay 5-10K a month for the next 20 years of your life, and that would be a bare minimum. 
If she can't even breastfeed long you will be down 6K for just the diapers and powder milk alone (and I base that on buying bulk with discount on Lazada).

Edited by ChaiyaTH

14 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Actually I am not married to lady who had my baby but my name is on the birth certificate.

Exactly that.The name that comes on the certificate is from the moms mouth after the baby is born.She can say whatever name she wants.That again have nothing to do with law,child support or custody if not married.On the other hand it can be used for a parent visa from some countries.

41 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

Exactly that.The name that comes on the certificate is from the moms mouth after the baby is born.She can say whatever name she wants.That again have nothing to do with law,child support or custody if not married.On the other hand it can be used for a parent visa from some countries.

Actually it didn't come from the mums mouth. A name was decided at the hospital, the hospital did some paperwork for us which we took to ???? where the birth certificate was issued. The lady serving us did not want to issue as the babys mum did not have a passport. She was insisting. I finally gt through to her that mum didn't have passport and baby was already born.

15 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Think it is a silly question in the first place. If you have a child you obviously should take care of it regardless to the judge telling you or not.

This is a very outdated POV.

Modern thinking is her body, her baby, her choices.

Men are no longer required to play any part and have been replaced by welfare and social services.

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

This is a very outdated POV.

Modern thinking is her body, her baby, her choices.

Men are no longer required to play any part and have been replaced by welfare and social services.

Except that that obviously not applies in Thailand.