Patong residents urged to self-quarantine, door-to-door checks to begin

webfact

Patong residents urged to self-quarantine, door-to-door checks to begin

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1585582028_1-org.jpg

Bangla Rd is blasted in a mass cleansing drive today (Mar 30). Photo: Patong Municipality

PHUKET: Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup has called for all people in Patong to self-quarantine for 14 days as health officials in the tourism town which has become the epicentre of Phuket infections prepare to start door-to-door checks tomorrow (Mar 31).

“I want people who live in Patong to quarantine themselves for 14 days starting right now,” Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup told The Phuket News today (Mar 30).

“Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana has already issued a notice asking people to stay off the streets and away from public areas from 8pm to 3am each night [see here], but this is an additional requirement from me,” she said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-residents-urged-to-self-quarantine-door-to-door-checks-to-begin-75506.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-31
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

That is one huuuge canon.

Wonder what they are spraying:

DEET 85%

Detol

Chanel #5

Hot Air - oh oh. They can't take the job from the Health Minister ????

Paraquat probably, heard there is a load going spare.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

That is one huuuge canon.

Wonder what they are spraying:

DEET 85%

Detol

Chanel #5

Hot Air - oh oh. They can't take the job from the Health Minister ????

yes... very mystifying ????️ 

looks like one of those 2.5 machines, stripped and flopped on its side, with a hose shoved up its... 

or a retrofitted factory space heater, with its burner injectors  swapped (concept R12 to R134, personified) Factory Fan Forced Gas Heater - Jetfire (LPG) Space heater model ...

Makes me happy i live were i do okay it maybe dashed hot up here,but we live about a klick and a half outside our town,in a quiet cul de sac,4 falang houses and 1 thai chap who is a pretty nice guy never makes any noise,does make charcoal sometimes,but rarely,countryside all around,very nice place to sit this out and most importantly very quiet,that alone is worth a lot in Thailand some evenings sitting outside,you could think you were back in Aussie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Makes me happy i live were i do okay it maybe dashed hot up here,but we live about a klick and a half outside our town,in a quiet cul de sac,4 falang houses and 1 thai chap who is a pretty nice guy never makes any noise,does make charcoal sometimes,but rarely,countryside all around,very nice place to sit this out and most importantly very quiet,that alone is worth a lot in Thailand some evenings sitting outside,you could think you were back in Aussie.

How do you get essentials? Food delivery or is shopping for food and drinks exempted from the self-quarantine? 

"Any persons found suspected of being infected will be taken to Patong Hospital and then asked to spend a 14-day quarantine at the Sleep With Me hotel, where 200 rooms have been dedicated to accommodating “persons under investigation” (PUIs) – free of charge.

I find the Sleep With Me hotel very interesting.... :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

"Any persons found suspected of being infected will be taken to Patong Hospital and then asked to spend a 14-day quarantine at the Sleep With Me hotel, where 200 rooms have been dedicated to accommodating “persons under investigation” (PUIs) – free of charge.

I find the Sleep With Me hotel very interesting.... :w00t:

I wonder who owns that place?

16 hours ago, webfact said:

door-to-door checks

Let me get this straight - they're going around everywhere and speaking to everyone during a pandemic....isn't that one way to spread it far and wide?

I'm not in Phuket but I'm not welcoming any visitors at the moment as I don't want to bring the virus to my doorstep.

If they come here the gas mask (the proper one) and goggles will go on before I approach them.

6 hours ago, thecyclist said:

How do you get essentials? Food delivery or is shopping for food and drinks exempted from the self-quarantine? 

we have a big c,and tesco express plus a very good mini mart around the corner Ao ma,she is wonderful,and always well stocked,plus we have 3 7/11 so hardly the walking dead,yet!!!

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Let me get this straight - they're going around everywhere and speaking to everyone during a pandemic....isn't that one way to spread it far and wide?

I'm not in Phuket but I'm not welcoming any visitors at the moment as I don't want to bring the virus to my doorstep.

If they come here the gas mask (the proper one) and goggles will go on before I approach them.

I have a sign on my gate,in English and Thai,meetings by appointment only,help's keep the riff raff away,i mean it's a rural area i certainley don't want peasants knocking on my door,damn them.

• Haha 2