Coca-Cola to suspend advertising, divert cash to fight Covid-19

webfact

Coca-Cola to suspend advertising, divert cash to fight Covid-19

By THE NATION

800_15157f294750036.jpg?v=1585557240

Coca-Cola announced March 30 on its “@cocacolaTH” Facebook page that it would suspend the digital and TV advertising campaigns of all brands under its umbrella in Thailand and use the money to support the fight against Covid-19.

“We realise that the current situation is difficult for everyone, therefore we will continue to work hard to make sure that we overcome this obstacle together,” the company said in its post.

The firm added that it would cooperate with its partner organisations to support the work of medical staff and related officials, who are sacrificing their time and efforts to help protect Thais against Covid-19.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385080

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-31
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

A wonderful gesture from the company that makes the worlds most toxic product that is actually sold as a drink that they tell you is good for you.  Would be great if other big companies followed their lead and diverted advertising money to research,

Still targeting marked campaign. Do you really think they do not use the situation for the companys future? Anomynius campaign to help people avoid corona? For sure you will know it comes from Coca Cola. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

And how much advertising do they now get for FREE because of the gesture ??? Isnt it said somewhere that best acts of charity are done anonymously !

But then nobody on TV would manage to get their daily gripe in!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

First, I don't care because it has nothing to do with the thread
second, I drink Coca Cola occasionally when I have diarrhea; it's still the best drug I know to stop it.

As long you believe it helps, it helps! But it is proven scientistic, it doesnt really help. But it feels good with som sugar after been vomiting and <deleted>ting yourselves. So for the others who might be led to believe same as you I post some useful information

• High-sugar containing foods (cakes, cookies, candy, juice, soda)
  • Dairy (milk, ice cream, cheese)
  • Greasy foods (French fries, fried plantains, bacon, fried chicken)
  • Gas forming foods (beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, soda)
  • Foods high in insoluble fiber
  • Caffeine
  • Foods and drinks at extreme temperatures (very hot or cold)

For this reason coconut is often referred to as the “blood remedy.” Coconut water is high in both potassium and sodium, whereas coconut milk is a good source of potassium but much lower in sodium. Drink coconut water or milk within one hour after an episode of diarrhea.

https://www.ccw.columbia.edu/patient-care/nutrition-guidelines/coping-side-effects-therapy/diarrhea

Bananas are an important part of the BRAT diet for people recovering from diarrhea. This combination of Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast is rich in fiber and nutrition but gentle and bland enough to pass easily through a weakened digestive tract. An added benefit is the potassium in bananas

https://fca.com/blogs/news/bananas-the-perfect-fruit-to-soothe-diarrhea

So many benevolent companies in the world. Another one is being praised for making ventilators (which it will SELL to governments around the world) ???? Well, they're donating 6% which makes them heroes, I guess... 

The first time ever I hear something positive in connection with Coca Cola. 

Even more positive would have been, if I would not have heard but found out myself, that the deviated funds were put to better use. 

Usually the Coca Cola marketing guys in Bangkok are extremely brilliant and very fast. Those living here for a little longer will remember the cancelled concert by Michael Jackson (then sponsored by Pepsi Cola) due to dehydration.

Well, the marketing people outdid themselves and, to this day I have not found out, how Coca Cola could stop rotating newspaper printers. They placed a double-paged advertisement stating in huge letters "Dehydrated?".
The the lower right corner of the right hand side of the double page said - in much smaller print - "There is always Coca Cola" and a small bottle of Coke. Latter being the only four-colour thing on the page.

Must have cost a fortune as it was literally in each and every daily publication in Thailand 12 hours after the concert got cancelled. 

Obviously a new team is at the helm now; the old dogs would have done even better - but thank you nevertheless for the gesture! 

3 hours ago, LennyW said:

This gesture has nothing to do with the product content, it is about diverting probably millions of Baht that would otherwise be spent on advertising to do something constructive in the fight against the virus......what is your contribution to the cause????

Do you think that it has anything to with their adds promoting social contact.

CC and all of the other companies that use socializing in their adds should have already been banned.

37 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Do you think that it has anything to with their adds promoting social contact.

CC and all of the other companies that use socializing in their adds should have already been banned.

No, not at all, they are using their normally allocated advertising revenue to help in the fight against the virus, sorry you did not understand that part.

5 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

There are still a maximum of people on this forum who only like one thing: to denigrate.
Coca cola does one thing well: it's not good
Coca cola does nothing: it's not good
In another post:
Yingluck sends a letter of encouragement and thanks to the Thai hospital teams.
Nowhere can you tell if she has enclosed a check, which is highly likely;
well the negative reviews are starting to rain ...

without knowing anything about what was actually done.

If you do not have anything constructive to write, abstain.

OK let me answer to you you, I hate Coca Cola (yes) because I think it's a big bunch of hypocrite and bastards, Why?

Mainly because their behavior in India exceeds the imaginable!

Why again? First they emptied hundreds of freatic napes by digging wells deeper than everyone and with more powerful pumps than everyone, as a result thousands of peasants found themselves without water and in total desperation.  

As if it was not sufficient  they had so many tons of waste that not knowing how to get rid of it, they had the Machiavellian idea of telling the farmers around the factories that this sludge is excellent fertilizer, we will offer it to you... which had the exact opposite effect, thei polluted the poor fellows market gardening. 

So this company, if it were honest, would have shut its mouth and just given this money to help the medical profession, but they must have thought on the board of directors this idea is great it will make us even more publicity than advertising and probably for less money!

Now my dear Assurancetourix since I appreciate the vast majority of your answers I do not ask you to share my vision of this company which makes superhuman efforts to make Thais as obese and diabetic as the inhabitants of the USA

????...I even add I hope that you will forgive me my outburst ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

Better used as a disinfectant!

Ive done field expedient battery terminal cleaning with it. Works good. Its the phosphoric acid. Thats the stuff that accelerates tweaker teeth.