FOR YOUR SAFETY: Key statistics, advice from doctors on Covid-19

webfact

Opened a brand new mask, pkt of 2 from hardware shop made in china, on trying one out i breathed in and got a lung full of strong diesel fumes, i am guessing from transportation either ship or and truck, best to wash masks before use.

The offending mask.

IMG_1490.thumb.JPG.0636d3483a3e3a694142d4eb15745c8c.JPG

Edited by brianthainess
added content.

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Opened a brand new mask, pkt of 2 from hardware shop made in china, on trying one out i breathed in and got a lung full of strong diesel fumes, i am guessing from transportation either ship or and truck, best to wash masks before use.

The offending mask.

IMG_1490.thumb.JPG.0636d3483a3e3a694142d4eb15745c8c.JPG

or reused filter from factory

21 hours ago, kohlenkutscher said:
The following is from Irene Ken,
a physician whose daughter is an Asst. Prof in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University.
-JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL

This is fake news.  Do some actual research as I do before posting junk people send you.

LAS CRUCES - Mayor Ken Miyagishima shared an inaccurate Facebook post about coronavirus avoidance tips that falsely purported to come from Johns Hopkins University, an institution which has been researching the virus and providing expert information.  The post then claims to lay out tips and tricks to avoid catching the virus. It describes the virus' genetic makeup, describes why hot water and soap can destroy the virus and explains that alcohol can kill the virus.

Here is actual information from John Hopkins, with links to the publications on their actual website.

The following are some excerpts from two publications by John Hopkins Medicine

Coronavirus Disease 2019: Myth vs. Fact

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/2019-novel-coronavirus-myth-versus-fact

Reviewed By:

Lisa Lockerd Maragakis, M.D., M.P.H.

There's a lot of information circulating about COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, so it’s important to know what’s true and what’s not. Lisa Maragakis, M.D., M.P.H., senior director of infection prevention at Johns Hopkins, helps clarify information to help keep you and your family healthy and safe.

TRUE or FALSE? Ordering or buying products shipped from overseas will make a person sick.

The answer is false.

Researchers are studying the new coronavirus to learn more about how it infects people. As of this writing, the World Health Organization (WHO) says that the likelihood of becoming infected with COVID-19 from a commercial package is low since it has likely traveled over several days and been exposed to different temperatures and conditions during transit.

TRUE or FALSE? A face mask will protect you from COVID-19.

The answer is false.

Certain models of professional, tight-fitting respirators (such as the N95) can protect health care workers as they care for infected patients.

For the general public without respiratory illness, wearing lightweight disposable surgical masks is not recommended. Because they don’t fit tightly, they may allow tiny infected droplets to get into the nose, mouth or eyes. Also, people with the virus on their hands who touch their face under a mask might become infected.

People with a respiratory illness can wear these masks to lessen their chance of infecting others. Bear in mind that stocking up on masks makes fewer available for sick patients and health care workers who need them.

How Can I Protect Myself (and Others) from the New Coronavirus and COVID-19?

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/how-can-i-protect-myself-from-coronavirus

Reviewed By:

Lisa Lockerd Maragakis, M.D., M.P.H.

To help lessen the spread of the new coronavirus and COVID-19, the disease it causes, here are important steps that can help protect you, your family and others. Lisa Maragakis, senior director of infection prevention at Johns Hopkins Medicine, shares these guidelines: 

Avoid close contact with others.

It’s important to understand that the new coronavirus spreads mainly from person to person. If an infected person coughs or sneezes, their droplets can infect people nearby. That’s why it’s important to avoid close contact with others. Understand that people (including children) may be infected with the new coronavirus and have only mild symptoms.
Some measures you can take to avoid close contact with others include:

·                     Stay home as much as possible and reduce visitors.

·                     Practice social distancing:

·                     Stay at least six feet away from others in public places.

·                     Call friends and family or visit by video. 

·                     Ask your employer if it’s possible to work from home.

·                     Avoid people who appear sick.

·                     Go grocery shopping and run errands during off-peak times.

Healthy people do not need to wear a mask unless they are caring for someone diagnosed with, or being monitored for, COVID-19, or respiratory illness.

Practice good hygiene wherever you are.

The new coronavirus can survive for hours or even days on some surfaces. Touching a contaminated surface and then touching your face is one of the ways to become infected. 

The virus is no longer detectable on plastic after 72 hours, and on stainless steel or cardboard after about 48 hours. With that in mind:

Wash your hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, especially:

·                     After being in public places and touching door handles, shopping carts, elevator buttons, etc.

·                     After using the bathroom

·                     Before preparing food

·                     If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.

·                     Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.

·                     If you cough or sneeze, do so in the bend of your elbow. If you use a tissue, throw it away immediately.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 7:41 AM, tonysilly said:

Singapore is a business country full of Chinese investors. CORRUPTED!!

The world is business oriented, full of greedy people...  Corruption just takes many faces, all the way down to fraud. (Fraud is theft with a smile...)

Who would have thought that such a thing could happen in recent years in Montreal, of all places...

One of the biggest corruption cases in Canadian history came to an abrupt when the onetime chief executive of Canadian engineering giant SNC-Lavalin admitted he looked the other way while his underlings and health-care bureaucrats swapped secrets for millions of dollars.

FRAUD is when a person acquires a good, a service or money with the victim’s consent, where this consent was obtained through trickery, deceit or any other dishonest means. Tele-evangelists are artists in this field. These are the people who wear the biggest smiles I think. Because there is just about no way to get to them, and they know it...

Edited by Andre0720
Small text correction

Don't touch Your Face!

I have searched for ,how to touch your face if you must,google only shows tips to stop etc.

Easier said then done!

Anybody got any ideas on touching,rubbing and scratching your face if you must

21 minutes ago, riclag said:

Don't touch Your Face!

I have searched for ,how to touch your face if you must,google only shows tips to stop etc.

Easier said then done!

Anybody got any ideas on touching,rubbing and scratching your face if you must

I carry a clean paper towel with me every time I go out. If I absolutely must touch my face I use the paper towel. I understand the towel could've gotten dirty and this probably only offers me one shot to get a good scratch in but I think it's better than the dirty fingers.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I carry a clean paper towel with me every time I go out. If I absolutely must touch my face I use the paper towel. I understand the towel could've gotten dirty and this probably only offers me one shot to get a good scratch in but I think it's better than the dirty fingers.

Who am I to say,right! You might have something there!

Your hands are gonna touch that towel ,especially if you break your promise to yourself and go for another scratch,unless of course you have a roll of paper towels!

I've been secluded in my house with my family,like many! I use a long handle back scratchier that I disinfected with soap and water for my face! 

For other scratching ,neck,hair and body I use the fingers and hands!

On 3/31/2020 at 7:07 PM, RJRS1301 said:

I think due to fear, poor access to testing in rural regions, lack of understanding, getting correct data is more difficult in Thailand. Singapore has a more ordered society, and messages are consistent as well as testing.

I agree with you, but other than that Thailand's numbers on anything are never correct. You've been around long enough to know that.