Thailand Post to deliver 2.3m face masks

webfact

Thailand Post to deliver 2.3m face masks

By THE NATION

800_9a7acdc16ac3186.jpg?v=1585563032

Thailand Post will deliver 2.3 million face masks nationwide, starting this evening, said Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam today after a meeting at the Covid-19 Situation Administration Centre.

He added that the 11 manufacturers can now produce 2.3 million masks a day. Of the total, 1.3 million will be given to the Public Health Ministry for healthcare workers while the Interior Ministry will take the balance of 1 million for distribution to village health volunteers and officials providing services to the public.

The distribution of face masks will gradually expand to cover the general public while exports will be banned without permission.

He added that the Finance Ministry was working out a plan to lower import tax of medical equipment , after cutting the import tax of masks to zero per cent.

He denied a report that the government had prepared a plane to repatriate Thais stranded in Italy.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385086?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-31

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

He added that the Finance Ministry was working out a plan to lower import tax of medical equipment

Why doesn't Thailand just make its own medical equipment? They're doing that in the US and UK

• Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The distribution of face masks will gradually expand to cover the general public while exports will be banned without permission.

So, if they are officially selling face masks abroad, that's obviously OK.

I see our glorious leader doesn't have the balls authority to stop companies exporting them, even during an ermegency.

After all, it must be 'profit before health'. Perhaps he could start using that phrase, or incorporate the lyrics into a hit song.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JAG said:

If Thailand Post are delivering then we should receive them some three weeks after the Pandemic is declared to be over!

I won't ever receive them nothing arrives to my house from T P EVER ! even with a tracking number. ???? luckily my wife is making them.